Questions for those that buy/sell online...

If you pay for something or are paid for something on a Wednesday night. When would be a reasonable amount of time to ship or expect your order to be shipped out? I'm not talking about delivery time but the time it actually takes for the order to be dropped off at the post office or picked up by a carrier.

If I've was paid on Wednesday night I would have the package out and on it's with tracking info forwarded to the buyer by Thursday afternoon at the latest... But that's just me.

Basically what I'm asking is what is a reasonable handling time for the SELLER to get an item out for delivery? And at what point should the BUYER have a right to complain about slow handling time?

Maybe some of you resellers can learn from this...
laugh.gif

If you pay for something or are paid for something on a Wednesday night. When would be a reasonable amount of time to ship or expect your order to be shipped out? I'm not talking about delivery time but the time it actually takes for the order to be dropped off at the post office or picked up by a carrier.

If I've was paid on Wednesday night I would have the package out and on it's with tracking info forwarded to the buyer by Thursday afternoon at the latest... But that's just me.

Basically what I'm asking is what is a reasonable handling time for the SELLER to get an item out for delivery? And at what point should the BUYER have a right to complain about slow handling time?

Maybe some of you resellers can learn from this...
laugh.gif

Assuming the money went through with no holds, two days max. It takes less than 10 minutes to print a shipping label and then tape up a box. There really is no excuse for it to take any longer.

Assuming the money went through with no holds, two days max. It takes less than 10 minutes to print a shipping label and then tape up a box. There really is no excuse for it to take any longer.

I agree with both of you... There's no reason any seller should be laggin on shipments without a legitimate excuse. If the buyer spends their hard earned money with you then handle your biz and ship out the $@@% they paid you for in a timely fashion. Simple as that.

But yeah 1-2 business days is ample time to get a package out and should damn near be the standard for all sellers.

I agree with both of you... There's no reason any seller should be laggin on shipments without a legitimate excuse. If the buyer spends their hard earned money with you then handle your biz and ship out the $@@% they paid you for in a timely fashion. Simple as that.

But yeah 1-2 business days is ample time to get a package out and should damn near be the standard for all sellers.

the next day.......

unless it's winter time, and it's snow outside or ice on the ground...I don't think i'll never sell around that time again, not because nothing bad has occurred it's just that, because I tend to put my mind in the consumer's position....if the roads are really bad the next day you wake up...and you promised to ship them some shoes the day before....as someone that has just raked over a nice sum of money, I wouldn't want to hear nothing about having to wait "past" the date you told me you were originally going to ship my shoes....

and things can go left from there depending on how cool or frustrated the buyer is..........

it's like i say "yo ima ship your shoes off on tuesday" (this is monday) then you hear on the news that its possible for a nasty snow storm to come through later on that day....and it SHOWS UP.....now it's like "oh +**@"....

depending on how bad it is, you probably won't make it to the post office in 3 or 4 whole days.
sick.gif

the next day.......

unless it's winter time, and it's snow outside or ice on the ground...I don't think i'll never sell around that time again, not because nothing bad has occurred it's just that, because I tend to put my mind in the consumer's position....if the roads are really bad the next day you wake up...and you promised to ship them some shoes the day before....as someone that has just raked over a nice sum of money, I wouldn't want to hear nothing about having to wait "past" the date you told me you were originally going to ship my shoes....

and things can go left from there depending on how cool or frustrated the buyer is..........

it's like i say "yo ima ship your shoes off on tuesday" (this is monday) then you hear on the news that its possible for a nasty snow storm to come through later on that day....and it SHOWS UP.....now it's like "oh +**@"....

depending on how bad it is, you probably won't make it to the post office in 3 or 4 whole days.
sick.gif

i sell stuff online, and sometimes i take 2-4 days to ship...

they pay monday ill ship tuesday, they pay tuesday ill ship thursday, but when they pay on friday afternoon i wont ship until tuesday...its basically cause i dont have time to do it on monday

nobody ever complains really but lately ive had some people getting antsy and asking where there item is the same day they pay
laugh.gif

i sell stuff online, and sometimes i take 2-4 days to ship...

they pay monday ill ship tuesday, they pay tuesday ill ship thursday, but when they pay on friday afternoon i wont ship until tuesday...its basically cause i dont have time to do it on monday

nobody ever complains really but lately ive had some people getting antsy and asking where there item is the same day they pay
laugh.gif

If I receive the money early in the day, I can have it sent out the same day but usually I have it sent the next day after payment clears.

If I receive the money early in the day, I can have it sent out the same day but usually I have it sent the next day after payment clears.

i ship the next day always. there is a post office in the same building i work in.

i ship the next day always. there is a post office in the same building i work in.

that item should be shipped by Saturday at the latest, any longer then i consider him a bad seller.

Back
Top Bottom