Quick Guide: Your Account and Settings

How do I get rid of the numerical notification above "Articles" at the top portion of the page? I clicked it and couldn't find a way to get rid of it. Any help is appreciated. Thx.

Anybody know how to stop getting emails when people respond to a thread. I've unclicked every option about email notifications and keep getting them.

How do I get rid of the numerical notification above "Articles" at the top portion of the page? I clicked it and couldn't find a way to get rid of it. Any help is appreciated. Thx.

If you're still looking for insight on this, there should be an option to mark it as read.

I've been trying to change my old signature. I've been going through settings but nowhere do I see the option to change my signature or the word signature anywhere.

I've been trying to change my old signature. I've been going through settings but nowhere do I see the option to change my signature or the word signature anywhere.

Meth has explained the reason why signature editing has disappeared below:

From: https://niketalk.com/threads/welcome-to-the-new-niketalk.664249/page-16#post-28481867

You can always ask. The worst we can do is explain why we can't answer.

In this case, we needed to pause signature editing while we get the limits to work correctly so no abusive signatures can be added. The system should allow us to limit signature to two lines and prohibit links/images to minimize spam/abuse, but that clashes with the imported signatures, so we need the devs to help us resolve that. As you might imagine, dev time needs to be carefully prioritized right now so the most critical issues are addressed first. We already have a big report thread up for that issue, which you can follow to track the team's progress.

It looks like my post count still has not changed. Is this still being worked on?

Hi, for some reason with the new site, I am not getting emailed the posts from my watched threads. Is there something I need to do to enable this? For a little bit I got maybe 2 or 3 messages but then it stopped. Right now, I am getting no emails... Thanks!

I was looking to change my username. When I change my name, it says I can only change the capitalization. Anyway around this to change the actual name?
Did you end up changing the capitalization? Did the 1 time change thing get used up?

I want my username to appear as "Paul Is On Tilt" but when we migrated over, it's all lowercase. At the same time, I don't want to use my 1 time opportunity to change my username into something I already have.

My post count is also still off. Any updates on that please?
It looks like my post count still has not changed. Is this still being worked on?
Yes. The issue is that the system is currently displaying the total number of posts each account currently has on the site right now. What you're looking for is for it to include all of the posts made on the old system, prior to 2012, many of which no longer exist due to that platform's limited storage.

We do have the "adjusted" post total numbers from the old database, and we will be asking the development team to use that information to provide an updated post count for those users whose accounts are old enough to be affected. It should be complete within the next couple of months.

Hi, for some reason with the new site, I am not getting emailed the posts from my watched threads. Is there something I need to do to enable this? For a little bit I got maybe 2 or 3 messages but then it stopped. Right now, I am getting no emails... Thanks!

The email system isn't intended as an alternative way to receive NikeTalk content. Each email sent essentially costs us money, and there are no ads in the email messages - so, unless we start inserting ads - the way the system works is to notify you IF there is unread content in a thread you're watching. You then need to visit the site to read that content before you'll receive more messages.

It's a little counter-intuitive, but imagine if the system had to send out an email for every single new post to thousands of users for thousands of threads. Users who stopped paying attention to those subscriptions would continue to receive them in perpetuity. The system couldn't handle it and we'd go broke. With the current system, if you stop following the thread, you stop getting emailed about it. That way, we get fewer complaints about "spam" as well.

Did you end up changing the capitalization? Did the 1 time change thing get used up?

I want my username to appear as "Paul Is On Tilt" but when we migrated over, it's all lowercase. At the same time, I don't want to use my 1 time opportunity to change my username into something I already have.
A capitalization change would count as your single use name change - but, it should be noted, that's exactly what the system was built for. We knew that formatting would be lost in the migration, and this system was a way for users to correct it themselves. By popular request, we expanded it to also allow for a complete name change, but if all you'd like is to correct the capitalization, I'd encourage you to go ahead and use it. That's why it's there.

i cant put a thing in my signature
https://niketalk.com/threads/cant-edit-signature.664347/

Back
Top Bottom