Qustion for all African - American NT's

I am not african-american and will never know the struggle of being african-american. With racism and people not giving you a chance without getting to knowyou do you wake up sometimes with a chip on your shoulder or do you just brush it off and dont let **$% get to you ?

Going through high school, playing sports and being academically competitive, you GOT to have a chip on your shoulder.
Being in college, you just brush it off now.

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

Going through high school, playing sports and being academically competitive, you GOT to have a chip on your shoulder.
Couldn't have said it better myself. You have to have a thick skin in whatever you get into...

I don't let it get to me, however I live in California and I'm bi-racial so I guess it's different from a dude living in the South. I reallydon't think about it unless i'm reminded about it by posts like this.

Do they call white people from Africa African-American as well? I've always wondered this...

Originally Posted by JDocs

Do they call white people from Africa African-American as well? I've always wondered this...

I would assume so

my boss was white and he was born in Africa, but his family moved to America

Originally Posted by the north west

I would assume so

my boss was white and he was born in Africa, but his family moved to America

prolly just call 'em white folks...

I just live my life. You're in control of everything you do in your life. One can't really worry about others and their view of you. Ultimately, I just"do me."

cronicmole are you serious?
roll.gif
and
Birth Name:

Ulrich Alexander Fox

Birth Place:

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Ethnicity:

Bahamian and Italian-Canadian

Ya a friend of mine is from Zimbabwe (hes white) and we were talking about how confusing it must get in the US because of that lol.. Filling out those jobforms must be a fun time "Are you a visible minority" No.. but one of the options is African American LMAO

I think we need to stop this "race" stuff, we're all human beings so it should not matter. I guess our physical differences come from ourancestors and the different ways they had to adapt to the environment.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by de PHX Jose

I think we need to stop this "race" stuff, we're all human beings so it should not matter. I guess our physical differences come from our ancestors and the different ways they had to adapt to the environment.
smile.gif

with all these close-minded, ignorant %@+ people in this world...*!!+ will never happen godamn

Originally Posted by de PHX Jose

I think we need to stop this "race" stuff, we're all human beings so it should not matter. I guess our physical differences come from our ancestors and the different ways they had to adapt to the environment.
smile.gif

with all these close-minded, ignorant @*! people in this world...#$*+ will never happen godamn

I brush it off and keep it pushing..but a few weeks ago it got 2 me real bad

I was @ work and 2 (old & white) customers at different times. Where in the same aisle along with another worker (white) and I asked the customer if theyneeded any help..and they both kinda looked at me funny and walked up to the other worker and asked him for work.

That messed my whole day up and it ate me up..but I got over it the next day

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

QFT

Ya a friend of mine is from Zimbabwe (hes white) and we were talking about how confusing it must get in the US because of that lol.. Filling out those job forms must be a fun time "Are you a visible minority" No.. but one of the options is African American LMAO

03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif

Originally Posted by RickFoxJr

cronicmole are you serious?
roll.gif
and
Birth Name:

Ulrich Alexander Fox

Birth Place:

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Ethnicity:

Bahamian and Italian-Canadian

I'm Bahamian as well whats your point...

Back
Top Bottom