R&B Thread About Nothing

Jill has such a beautiful smile.

I want to **** that *****

His voice is definitely not great, but I can't imagine anyone who likes R&B music not really enjoying The Evolution of Robin Thicke. Top to bottom, it's a hitter. This I how it starts.

And that don't have you ready for a soulful ride? Bruh...

I didn’t like that album, I remember a few of my boys bought it and couldn’t get into it. Liked 2-4 songs on it.

Nah, I definitely put Robin Thicke in the soul category. He's in the same league as Jon B, imo. He came up (ghost)writing under some major r&b/soul heavy hitters. His pen game is very strong. People unfairly discounted his talent after the whole "Blurred Lines" explosion. He's more than that.
I will respectfully agree to disagree because while Robin Thicke and Jon B. can both write and produce, I feel that Jon B. is soulful while Robin Thicke can sing soulful (if that makes sense).

Robin Thicke is like his father, who used to write sitcom theme songs way back in the day and also sang on them. While he sang soulfully on some of those theme songs, I never looked at Alan Thicke as being soulful. It was just a sound that he could do well and the apple did not fall far from the tree with Robin.

I am not taking anything away from Robin (who I actually stopped following after his third album, so I know absolutely nothing about the Blurred Lines era except that Marvin Gaye's family sued), but none of his music has ever put me in a groove, made me want to have sex, made me want to text my ex for that old thing back (while drinking some liquid courage LOL), made me think about my life in its current state, etc. For me, his music is just songs that sounds good (for the most part).

I definitely think JT has a better voice.

I feel funny getting too caught up in any of these white soul singers, regardless of talent ability. **** just don't sit naturally with me. That's different than saying it doesn't sit right. I enjoy good music regardless. But it's not something I can just overlook.

Adele, Sam Smith, Mayor Hawthrone.

I totally understand. Sometimes though, soul music uses people other than those who are the same race as the originators as vessels and that is why we have the whole "blue eyed soul" genre. As long as when I hear you sing, I can FEEL the lyrics, I do not care what race you are.

JT has always been pop to me though and I get a little baffled when I see his name linked to the R&B genre, but music is art and art is subjective.

Lastly, I feel lost because I know and like Adele, but Sam Smith I have never listened to his songs and I have no clue who Mayor Hawthrone is. :frown:

This joint always helps me go to sleep (not saying it is a snoozer though LOL.....it is a banger but it is just soothing to me.....)

Lastly, I feel lost because I know and like Adele, but Sam Smith I have never listened to his songs and I have no clue who Mayor Hawthrone is. :frown:
You need that Strange Arrangement in your life

220px-Mayer_Hawthorne_A_Strange_Arrangement.jpg

Whole album is flames

:nthat:

Back
Top Bottom