R.I.P. Christopher Wallace.

"God rest ya soul, rest in peace, kid..."

tired.gif

Originally Posted by rudy

R.I.P. to the GOAT of rap
If he wouldn't have got killed would people still think he is the GOAT. Sometimes people only say he is the best becuase he no longer alive
grin.gif

I saw christopher wallace, and i was like who the hell is that????

Then I came in and was like

Oh

He's been dead 4ever, moving onnnnnnnnnnnn

biggie was heads and shoulders above pac. stop the hate. you liked tupac for what he "represented" and his subject matter. 2pacs lyrical ability wasn't all that

Pac = Raw
BIG = Flow

Both are missed greatly

RIP-Mr.Wallce (The game needs you and Pac back, but yal in a better place and would probably be disgusted with the rap today)

Edit - Some dudes up in here have no respect!

Go back to listening to your YM so you can here "blah, blah, blah, Rhyme/blah, blah, blah, punchline" 
roll.gif

Having a few hot lines isn't having a hot flow.  Listen to BIG and tell me who can flow like that?  Even his freestyles were so smooth they sound written.

Bottom Line - I think us 80s babies who grew up with 90s rap are a dying breed and these young cats just don't really understand.  The thing that pisses me off is I have love for all music.  I always respected what others listen to.  Not once did I tell my parents that Old school stuff they listen to is whack, I just appreciated it and absorbed it in, because it's history in the music world.  Where is that mentality from this younger generation?

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE
roll.gif
@ BIG punkin dude off the block with "you bum asz ninja"

Being from the west coast I honestly was more hurt when Pac died
but don't get it twisted when BIG died it was poignant
but my fam is from NY so pops used to bump BIG all day so I had no choice but to love him cuz I couldn't knock how dope dude was
I was in a pickle when it came to the beef
In cali they played Biggie on the radio but nowhere NEAR as much as pac
so when I got older, I had a lil more knowledge and wisdom about the world and my scrutiny of lyricism and song structure has grown to the point where I'm like an Music Critic word to Rogert n Ebert
this is what I can say bout both big and pac
Nobody sounded more natural than pac on the mic, you can tell that everything he said, all his gestures and mannerisms were him. That was him straight up n down and sideways. People can say what they want about him actually being a thug or gangsta. But to me my definition of a gangsta is somebody who is about what they talk about. The dude never took back what he said and he knew he was headed down a self destructive path that would eventually lead to his death but he never anything that wasn't in his nature HE ALWAYS DID HIM.
now Notorious, his brain worked in a different way I don't care if jay-z never writes his lyrics for the rest of his life. His brain will never work as fast, be as witty and clever with the word play and have as smooth a flow and delivery as Biggie NO ONE will. Even though people see him as not having as much depth as pac, the dude still had a wide variety of content even though most of his albums consisted of gangsta rap, refer to "I got a story to tell" "1970 somethin" "Notorious Thugz" "hypnotize" "nasty boy" "sky's the limit" "juicy" the dude had some heartfelt songs and enjoyable, entertaining mainstream songs
they're both the "Michael Jordan's" of their forms of expression as far as rap. Incomparable in their styles and of equal stature....Rest in Peace BIG and PAC, if there's a heaven I can't wait to here what kind of %%*$ ya'll would be able to produce
pimp.gif

and BIG L! he gets a HUGE Honorable mention. That dude gets slept on entirely too much R.I.P. to you too bruh, seeing L and Biggie in a freestyle battle would be EPIC!!!

RIP, its such a shame he only had two real retail albums and only his debut released while he was still alive. However, I still give Pac the nod over BIG because of how natural he sounded on the mic.

Back
Top Bottom