R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

Black excellence from left to right.
Screenshot_20200206-204848.png

RIP Kobe. I’m 41 also.. I literally grew up watching my basketball idol year by year.

I always felt that Kobe was hated on, from the moment he came into the league.

I think the reason is simply because Kobe just came on the scene too soon after Michael Jordan. Kobe came during Jordan’s time. You have to remember that this was a time where people were saying Mj was the greatest, and that there would “never” be another player like him.

Jordan was god.

Then Kobe came on the scene, and started doing all that MJ **** right out of the gate.

Instead of being appreciated, they hated on him. They called him a showboat, and said he was arrogant. How dare he attempt to be as great as Michael Jordan?! They hated on Kobe because ultimately he proved something to the masses.

Kobe proved that Jordan wasn’t the greatest of all time.

Kobe proved that Michael Jordan instead, was just the first player at the dawn of a new evolution of how to play the game.

Unlike Michael, who was satisfied with standing on top of the NBA mountain, and looking down. Like the god Olympus, and leaving us mere mortals to wonder at his feats in amazement. Kobe did better.

Kobe stripped away the smoke and mirrors, and the mythical elements of his game. Instead, Kobe invited the NBA world in and asked, “Do you want to be great like me? Because you can. I can show you how. I can teach you to work hard. I can introduce you to a new way of thinking, a new mentality even.”

That’s what Kobe did for the game. He lifted the entire league’s style of play and moved it forward.

Kobe was cursed with the title, “The next Michael Jordan.” There will never be another Mike, but we had the pleasure of watching Kobe, and Kobe was the first Mamba.

While he was never Air Jordan, Kobe climbed Mike’s mount Olympus and placed a Lakers flag on top, and he carried the city of Los Angeles on his back as he did it. and from high up top that mountain he broadcast to the world his spirit; his effort.

From that, a seed made purely of sweat and work ethic was formed. The mamba’s mentality changed the entire NBA.

In doing this, Kobe went from being a mere noun, which is nothing more than a meager person, place, or thing, and became a shining verb. Now Kobe is a word of action.

To be bold is to be like Kobe. To be fearless is to be Kobe like.

The amazing part is that he did all of this in a world...where everybody wanted to be like Mike.

Lebatard and bomani just agreed snoop was out of line and Gayle didn’t ask anything wrong. They said Lisa Leslies answer is why people probably criticized her.. how do you guys feel about his past getting brought up? When is the right time? They said maybe kids nowadays can learn from his mistake and this could be helpful.. I feel everything about that issue in his past has already been said and we’re not going to learn anything new by bringing it up now..

^it's only being talked about because hes deceased. If they really wanted "kids to learn about it" which is a croc of bs. They would of discussed it or had him do a pr/campaign about it when he was alive. Ben Roethlisberger is still alive and kicking he can be a spokesman.

Leslie said it perfectly about how there was ample time to bring it back up when he was still here.

I'm not in a place where I can take the time to find the right words.

I cant be mad at one person or another for how they wish to treat the rape situation.

solewoman solewoman you are correct that because he is deceased, the topic is brought up. But it's in response to the praise he is receiving as a "great man, hero, role model etc". I still find him to be all those things. But I do believe it is fair (but also ugly to do so immediately after death) to point out he was not perfect. Obviously no one is. But when you proclaim someone to be a hero, it seems fair that their mistakes have to be at the very least discussed.

What bothers me is from what I've seen the folks bringing up his mistake are not acknowledging the great things he did. Their only focus is to tear him down in death. They can eat a **** for that.

Last edited:
Lebatard and bomani just agreed snoop was out of line and Gayle didn’t ask anything wrong. They said Lisa Leslies answer is why people probably criticized her.. how do you guys feel about his past getting brought up? When is the right time? They said maybe kids nowadays can learn from his mistake and this could be helpful.. I feel everything about that issue in his past has already been said and we’re not going to learn anything new by bringing it up now..
**** lebatard , bomani and gayle straight up - stuff happened damn near 20 years ago and when Kobe was alive no one bought it up. Don’t do it when the mans not here to defend himself

Pretty soon, all of Snoop's television ventures will disappear due to what he said about Gayle King. He said that WE will come get you. Well, who in the hell are the we?

Hey Snoop, aren't there some WHITE people you may want to go after first? Let's go after those who run this system of oppression, instead of attacking the symptom?! Why is it that people like Snoop fail to realize that Gayle isn't the problem, but White Supremacy actually is?

Crazy that celebrity was what ultimately killed Kobe. That jimmy fallon story about the beer run. Once kobe got a taste of the power of pulling that laker card at that age, there was no going back.

Police copters being grounded in bad weather but being a celeb, he disregarded that. Probably not the first time he flew in bad weather and it caught up with him

That mamba mentality and persona his PR people created cost him his life:smh:

fluid hips fluid hips my G, you can't speculate like this. That was not Kobe's personal helicopter, nor was he the pilot.

Pilot and his employer have a professional duty to perform ALL safety checks including checking weather reports, etc... Helicopter was an early 90s model so added care should have been taken as it lacked modern flight technology.

Maybe 'freak' type weather is an anomaly in SoCal but up here in Canada, we have our international airports grounding flights for several hours if weather conditions are unfavourable.

And the other white dude (with mustache) is wearing the Reebok Question “Kobe” pe.

Speaking of Reebok Questions....James Harden was rocking them for the shoot around before tip off against LA today.
Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports and basketball court

Image may contain: shoes

Adidas allowed that?

You can argue that snoop was outta line but you absolutely can't bring up something like this when the man hasn't even been dead a week. Theirs so many other times when that could've been brought up to chose now is just tasteless. Lebetard & bomani are just protecting their fellow journalist but they can all F off. Bottom line that interview wasn't the time.

Last edited:
You can argue that snoop was outta line but you absolutely can't bring up something like this when the man hasn't even been dead a week. Theirs so many other times when that could've been brought up to chose now is just tasteless. Lebetard & bomani are just protecting their fellow journalist but they can all F off. Bottom line that interview wasn't the time.
I can agree with this LeBatard and bomani are the only ones I listen to though because they’re takes on things are different than others and usually good. They kept saying it was a part of his life it has to get brought up eventually. My thing is why, what good does it do for his legacy. I know his legacy is already secured with the NBA, the players, and fans of the game. But the idiots that aren’t are the ones that try to bring it down simply because the word “rape” is involved, when he didn’t even get accused and all he probably did was get off for 1 night which has happened to how many famous people in this world and doesn’t get brought up when they die.

Back
Top Bottom