R.I.P. My 2000 Honda Civic SI

yeh i'd say cop a b18 or k20 and if you can't drop it or find someone that can, take it to the shop. no point in payin that much.

Originally Posted by nomas04

I noticed that my oil presure light was blinking so I took it in to a shell gas station for an oil change next thing you know when I get back from class I drive off and 5 minutes after I started driving my engine blew it's load on the freeway. LOL
smh.gif

I luckily pulled over to the side of the freeway and by then it would not start back up. Just finally was able to mechanic today and that's what they quoted me.
Did you check if they (the shell) put in oil after they drained the oil? Sounds as if they forgot to add in oil, then that's on them and youshould have a case with a lawsuit or at least paying for a new engine for you.

RB26DETT

OP there are many forums out there that can help out too

my single cam is giving trouble so I guess its about time for a swap
smh.gif

Yeah check the oil as soon as I pulled over on the freeway. I called the shell mechanic and he then told me out of nowhere that there may have been possibleengine damage and i'm there thinking and so I told him why did he just let me take of without telling me what the problem was?
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Sole is right, actually this wouldn't be the first time ive heard of this happen.

Yep, happens more then you think.

Look into it man before you blow any money.

Originally Posted by xBraveHeartX

Damn bro, nice SI but you fixed it up to look ugly bro. Your tail lights gotta go.
exactly. i like this gen Si, but it looks like straight up rice.

i had a similar thing happen in my eclipse, the oil pressure sensor blew and leaked out ALL of the engine oil. i didn't even know til i got home, luckilythe car was fine, very fortunate that a DOHC engine can last under those conditions.

but i agree with sole searchin, i've heard of that kinda thing happenin. shouldn't be hard for the mechanic to find out.

Originally Posted by nomas04

I noticed that my oil presure light was blinking so I took it in to a shell gas station for an oil change next thing you know when I get back from class I drive off and 5 minutes after I started driving my engine blew it's load on the freeway. LOL
smh.gif

I luckily pulled over to the side of the freeway and by then it would not start back up. Just finally was able to mechanic today and that's what they quoted me.
something is up. It shouldn't blow up like that..was is smoking white or black smoke?....

Angel

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

RB26DETT

smh.gif
I don't even know if you are joking? You serious?? That thing wont fit...its an inline 6...the engine alone will run him $4k, not includingtranny, wiring harness, mounts...well over $10k..

angel

No white smoke no black smoke...just a bad knocking noise from the engine and I lost power very quickly.

was there still oil in the engine? I've heard of dealerships turning in cars without putting oil in cars after oil changes...By the sounds of it, it blewbecause of lack of oil...
Still, a used engine should be like $2k, $6k is way, way too much.

Angel

I know I would not even think about putting a RB26DETT in a CIVIC that's for sure
OP something is up with that dude from shell look into it

yeah there was oil in the engine after the engine blew out, but what is so strange is that I never had any problems until I took my car to get the oil changeand then it went dead.

6gs what the hell is their something special about the engine cuz my pops own a machine shop and i never seen him charge that much for any engine

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

RB26DETT

smh.gif
I don't even know if you are joking? You serious?? That thing wont fit...its an inline 6...the engine alone will run him $4k, not including ******, wiring harness, mounts...well over $10k..

angel

no
laugh.gif
someone mention the RB, Im not talking about for a swap on a honda.Already suggested a b18c.

Back
Top Bottom