Randy Moss Retires

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Originally Posted by University of Nike

A 40 year old Jerry Rice, on the Oakland Raiders, caught 92 balls for 1,211 yards and 7 TDs.

He caught just as many balls from Rich Gannon, Jeff Garcia, Elvis Grbac, Steve Bono, Jeff Kemp, Rick Mirer, Steve Stenstrom, and Matt Hasselbeck as he did from Joe Montana.

No 
laugh.gif

Um... yes? He caught 416 passes from Joe Montana and 567 passes from the QBs I listed.
Lets be honest though Hasselbeck has passed for 30k yards
Gannon was the MVP while he played with Rice
and Grbac was a backup for Steve Young and an decent player sans the terrible situation he was put in with those early 2000's offensive Baltimore teams specifically 2001 with Jamal Lewis out with an ACL tear.
Garcia was a decent NFL player who made the most of his talents
They arent Young or Montana, but really If Brady is the best QB Moss played with and the best on the list ( which I dont feel is true)
 then the list is as follows interms of what they actually did in the NFL
Brady (Moss)
Montana (Rice)
Young(Rice)
Gannon(Rice)
Hasselbeck(Rice)
Culpepper(Moss)
Cunningham (Moss)
Garcia (Rice)
Im not finna sit here and count guys who were backups, a 4 game cup of coffee or any of that crap.
Dont sit here and act like all the bums and good players you listed dont add up to more games played with Rice than Montana played with him either.  
Who is better than Moss if he is not named Jerry Rice?
You gone sit here and pull Don Hutson out your %%*? I respect him a whole lot but lets be real. Steve Largant is prob the first modern reciever if you start from Largent Randy is at worse 2nd and all time even with pulling Hutson out the %%* at worse 3rd and I dont know about that either.

he been making 8 figures for over a decade and rock tj maxx outfits. he's paid

Man when TO retires it will be an end of an era... Randy, Terrell, Marvin & Torry were some of the best to ever do it

No offense, but does anyone actually read the posts written by gangsta207therevolution? 95% of his posts give me a headache.....which is a shame because dude seems to have some intelligent things to say.

Originally Posted by dland24

No offense, but does anyone actually read the posts written by gangsta207therevolution? 95% of his posts give me a headache.....which is a shame because dude seems to have some intelligent things to say.
laugh.gif
  I usually read the 1st line then give up...it's like he posts from a typewriter. 

roll.gif
he refuses to make a point in less than 30 lines.

Originally Posted by NuJerzLoyalty

Watching NFL Network. They actually had a question pop-up on the screen : 'Is Randy Moss a 1st ballot hall of famer ?'

Are they serious?

I think it's a fair question.

Randy Moss is a 1st ballot HoFer imo, but the likelihood of him and TO for that matter getting in on the 1st try are slime to none.

Look how long it's taking Cris Carter to get in, when it seemed like he'd be a lock.

Also Randy Moss and TO are generally viewed as pariah among the media, and media members are the ones doing the HoF voting.

Originally Posted by Dr Mantis Toboggan

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

dmxfury wrote:
He went to Marshall...not sure about a degree. Was Pennington the QB with him at Marshall?

Yea for a couple years.
Randy isnt a dumb dude no matter what peoples perception of him is. He got an offer to Notre Dame, he has to at least be reasonably smart to have gotten an offer.
The Nascar thing suits his personality and if he hires the right people he can make a good profit even in just the truck series.
He is worth a legit 50 million and wont go broke.
He will more than likely not come back.
His only goal was to win a Superbowl. Son was holding off on buying a maybach til he won one.
I think that his retirement has more to do with the fact that the Pats didnt resign him.
His agent did the right thing with the jets and all of that but He really wanted to be back in NE and with Chad being there it just wouldnt happen.
Dudes in this thread are talking reckless though.
Randy prob could play til he was 38 like TO. But whats the use if your not going to be GOAT Randy Moss.
People look at the guys who just love the game no matter what with a lot of respect, but to me more impressive is the guy who doesnt love the game as much. To practice and attain that level of accomplishment in a craft your not 100% dedicated to is amazing.
Honestly the beating you take becomes too much and if the earnings are peanuts whats the point?
Is 3 million dollars worth the trouble?
Is a year of getting hit hard on a lanky frame worth it?
People complain about Moss never going across the middle. With that frame who would. Randy has never been 220 in his life and he is 6'4" pretty much every other reciever has had a better height to weight ratio than that. 6'1" 190 is better than 6'4" 210.
In reality Moss causes some problems in locker rooms I will give you that that food issue in Minnesota last season was OD but im convinced it was about Brad Childress more than anything.
But the man has really compared to some guys been a saint. The trafic thing was cause he had weed in the car and prob was apart of the testing program at that point.
The mooning thing was a non issue blown out of proportion
Oakland was a non issue as we have seen
Weed once in a blue moon was not smart on his part but it was honest.
Lockerroom issues in NE were cause Moss wasnt even in the damn game plans...
Comparing him to TO personality wise is like comparing weed to coke interms of how much time your getting.
Randy is a minor problem for his level of star.
TO is a guy who hired a dumb agent who didnt opt him out of his contract, got traded, refused to report to Ravens.
Then got to Philly made the Superbowl about him took the L and came back the next season pissed about a 7 year contract he signed.
Got suspended went to Dallas, was worse there ( and he still got a bad rap) and found himself in Buffalo.
If im a GM catering is a much more managable problem than dudes who dont report cause of contract reasons.

People got to remember Andre Johnson is 230, 230 Fitz is 230 and pretty much every other big receivers has 20 lbs on him and Randy aint never had a frame that could handle more weight.

Honestly the 2 most impressive offensive teams ( I don't count those Rams teams) have had Randy Moss on them
Its not a question that he is at bare minimum the 2nd or 3rd best WR of all time.
To me looking at Randy Moss even with all that speed and vertical leaping ability, intelligence he really accomplished all he could on the field. its not that he couldnt run a crossing route its that he wouldnt be able to play cause he was not strong enough to survive running those routes.
jackie-chan-whut.jpg

Embrace the paragraph.

Imagine Moss and Peter Warrick lining up at the same time for Florida State 
eek.gif
sick.gif

Florida State is garbage so I don't even wanna think about that. Go Gators
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

A.I.  2.0
eyes.gif

Good comparison but A.I. was not in the same realm as Randy in terms of talent.

Just because you pointed it out, I actually went back and read his posts. He is unbelievably on point .
pimp.gif

IMO he is the second best receiver ever. But I would take a motivated Randy Moss for 1 season over Rice, but only for one season

Randy was that dude. I always loved watching him play in Minny... not so much in New England. The league wont be the same without him, and I really hope he gets into the Hall with the 1st ballot. One of the best to do it (but not the best).

Back
Top Bottom