Randy Moss Retires

What evidence is out there to prove Moss didn't really love the game? You guys just be talking reckless for no reason sometimes...

Off the field: Still a tough time for owner Robert Kraft, mourning the death of his wife, Myra. But he got a boost when, sitting shiva several days after her death (shiva is the Jewish mourning period when friends and family come the home of the survivors and share fellowship), he looked up and who walks through the door? Randy Moss. He flew up from Florida for one reason: to tell Kraft how highly he regarded Myra Kraft.

"Randy is a good friend of mine,'' said Wilfork. "He called me and said, 'Vince, I'm nervous about coming up. But I want to come. I shared a bond with her. I really want to be there.' Guys who don't know Randy, they'll say he's arrogant. But if he could have retired here, he would have. He came here for one reason and one reason only: He wanted to support the Kraft family.''

When Moss signed with the Patriots, Kraft brought him into his office and told him if he played for the Patriots, he'd always be in the Patriot family. So when he opened Moss' sympathy card, he knew Moss remembered the family speech. Moss signed his sympathy card: "Randy Moss Kraft.''

One other note: Kraft does not wear rings or most other jewelry -- except for one thing. He wears a silver circular pendant with a photo of he and his wife on their wedding day and the words "Cherish Love'' engraved on the back. It was a gift from the Wilforks when they learned Myra Kraft had cancer.

"Mr. Kraft always liked it,'' said Bianca Wilfork. "When he told us Myra was sick last year, we called our jeweler and had it made. It had a lot of significance, because he always told us, 'Always keep what's important close to you.' You can have a million dollars, but if you don't have love, you're broke.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/08/08/tour/index.html#ixzz1URTDgOtv

Randy is truly a Patriot
pimp.gif

Come home Randy
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by grittyman20

What evidence is out there to prove Moss didn't really love the game? You guys just be talking reckless for no reason sometimes...
Duh because he said he plays when he wants to and b/c of his down years in Oakland

Originally Posted by nicky barnes

Moss is the most talented reciever to ever play in the NFL! Rice played with montana, young (self explanitory), and he also played with an mvp rich gannon.
If moss played with a brady/manning type qb his whole career his numbers would surpass rice's
No, especially considering he is the reason he was traded as many times as he was.

yep. mimicking what these sportscasters say.
same with the route running thing.

Maybe Moss isn't the best numbers-wise....

But in his FIRST year with Brady (a QB on the same level as Montana/Young), Randy posted the best WR season we've ever seen.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to deny the talent of Moss, which is at a minimum on par with, if not exceeding, Jerry Rice.

I wish Moss had a MJ type work ethic...but we can say that about many talented athletes.

Randy Moss is the Allen Iverson of football.

Trust if he cared more about the game it would have showed. Remember when Revis talked about how everyone in the league knows that Moss won't show up if he doesn't get the ball early?

Funny how people look at things...cause as soon as I read this, I just laughed because it's basically the political correct way of saying "I'm a hater"
“It was hard for me to swallow because I was not as talented and I had to work harder,

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Working hard = overrated. 
Loving the game = overrated. 

Performance on the field = all that matters. 
Exactly.

22895 yards + 197 TDs > 14858 yards + 153 TDs.
pimp.gif

Party over.

you know people wanna sound edumacated about sports and skurff

Originally Posted by illwill24

Randy Moss is the Allen Iverson of football.
I'm going to have to disagree.

They were similar in some respects but to lump them together really does a disservice to the uniqueness of each player.

this guy deserves a ring.
Pats need to give this guy a 1 year/1 mill deal (if they are able).
they made a lot of good signings to remain in contention and its obvious he wants to be there.

Originally Posted by shogun

^
It's not that easy saying his numbers would be better.  Hypothetical numbers mean nothing, results do.  Rice did have a more stable group of qb's and Randy would've benefitted from the same thing.  His poor attitude has been his downfall though and the reason he's been on a few teams.  He had Brady and Favre as his qb's last year.  A player of his calibre shouldn't be on 3 teams in one year.

Thats the age old question. Many ppl rate ppl great/greatest simply by their skill set, others rate greatest by their accomplishment, and their are ppl who use a little of both. Ei is jordan the greatest for his skill set/talent, or is he the greatest because of his accolades/accomplishments or is it a overall assesment. I feel from an athletic/pure talent aspect moss is the best reciever ive ever witness, but from a accolade/accomplishment standpoint no one is even in the same discussion as rice. Hell if you just using accomplishments then rice would without a doubt (stats back it up) be the greatest football player ever. Dude for awhile had the moost records held in the nfl and guiness world book of record so.....

Back
Top Bottom