Randy Moss Retires

With training camp just starting I say there is a very good chance he returns when injuries start happening

Fine I will give in if I keep in the front of my mind I will type in paragraphs. I dont blame you guys for not reading my od long posts. Half the time I'm writing to get the thought out my head, and since its a fourm I'm meaning the thought to be informal. But since you gave me all those complements
embarassed.gif
 I wouldnt mind getting read more.

Originally Posted by Dr Mantis Toboggan

Imagine Moss and Peter Warrick lining up at the same time for Florida State 
eek.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

And if Moss ISN'T a 1st ballot hall of famer, then the HOF becomes even more of a mockery.

And I still can't believe people think that Moss didn't put in work on non-gamedays to become as great as he was and do the things that he did. 

I would honestly say there is a greater chance the high and mighty voters keep him out of the HOF for awhile than they don't. Sportswriters have been sitting in their chairs taking shots at Moss for over a decade. The Minnesota media who covered him (most of them are still around covering the Vikings) cannot stand him because he never gave them the time of day. When Moss got cut last season from the Vikings it was "let's all top each other blasting Moss as a terrible human being" in the papers for 3 weeks straight.

You guys remember when Moss supposedly yelled at an old food caterer in the lockerroom last year with Minnesota? The caterer has now become a cult legend in Minneapolis with the local media and they run to him whenever something happens with Moss to bury him. And you guessed it, today's paper again has the caterer's thoughts on Moss "quitting" and it must be karma. You can't make it up.

The good news is that the pro football voting is a lot more realistic than the MLB simply because there are so few voters (I believe 44) and most use their brain. And we also wait five years before voting. That helps. And the writers are also told in voting rules that off-field conduct is not to play any part in their voting. If Moss does not get in, and get in first ballot no matter who else is on the ballot, it's open season on the voters then IMO who obviously have an agenda and are not following the rules.

The beauty of this here? If this plays out how it could play out Brett Favre is going to be entering the ballot the same year as Moss. Lord Favre (with almost as many issues as Moss) and Randy on the same ballot for us to compare votes.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by CP1708

Um... yes? He caught 416 passes from Joe Montana and 567 passes from the QBs I listed.

You skipped the part where he said Young for 8 years as well.  Surely that was an accident. 
wink.gif

Didn't read anything after he tried to tell me I was wrong.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 yeah I was talking about Young and Montana initially. 

RyGuy45 wrote:
I would honestly say there is a greater chance the high and mighty voters keep him out of the HOF for awhile than they don't. Sportswriters have been sitting in their chairs taking shots at Moss for over a decade. The Minnesota media who covered him (most of them are still around covering the Vikings) cannot stand him because he never gave them the time of day. When Moss got cut last season from the Vikings it was "let's all top each other blasting Moss as a terrible human being" in the papers for 3 weeks straight.

You guys remember when Moss supposedly yelled at an old food caterer in the lockerroom last year with Minnesota? The caterer has now become a cult legend in Minneapolis with the local media and they run to him whenever something happens with Moss to bury him. And you guessed it, today's paper again has the caterer's thoughts on Moss "quitting" and it must be karma. You can't make it up.

The good news is that the pro football voting is a lot more realistic than the MLB simply because there are so few voters (I believe 44) and most use their brain. And we also wait five years before voting. That helps. And the writers are also told in voting rules that off-field conduct is not to play any part in their voting. If Moss does not get in, and get in first ballot no matter who else is on the ballot, it's open season on the voters then IMO who obviously have an agenda and are not following the rules.

The beauty of this here? If this plays out how it could play out Brett Favre is going to be entering the ballot the same year as Moss. Lord Favre (with almost as many issues as Moss) and Randy on the same ballot for us to compare votes.

If Randy doesn't get in first ballot, it's over for the NFL hall of fame. 

If arguable the second best WR of all time isn't a first ballot guy, then the second best QB can't get in first ballot.  2nd best RB can't get in first ballot, NOBODY can get in at any postion first ballot unless they are deemed #1 at their spot, that's what the voters would be doing.  So that would include Favre, he can't be first ballot either. 

Serious right here, voters need to start voting on TV in front of the world.  I wanna see those !@$%%@%%@%%%* pull @%%% off like that with all of us watching and taking notes on them. 

Having said all that, I can not wait for Randy's speech.  What a blessed event that will be. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

What the hell.
laugh.gif

RyGuy45 wrote:

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Like I said before, I don't see anyway Moss or TO get into the HOF on the 1st ballot, even though both are deserving.

I really believe some voters would feel it would be a slight to Jerry to let "bad" receivers like Moss or TO get in on the 1st ballot like he did.

Jerry Rice is going to be the only WR to gain admission to the HOF on the 1st ballot for a long time.

Speaking of Moss, anyone remember how Joe Buck acted like Randy strangled a baby after he scored a TD against the Packers and "mooned" the fans?
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by TheGift23

What the hell.
laugh.gif

Wouldnt doubt it, and food prob had tons of swine in it too.

My fantasy teams have all had the same name, no matter the sport: Straight Ca$h Homie. And I will continue the tradition in honor of the greatest WR to ever lace 'em up.

Randy Moss is almost a myth. His legend is greater than Harry Potters. His aura spreads wider than Rick James'. Peter Pan was based off Moss' childhood.

Football will not be the same.

I'm going to play NFL2K until he makes his triumphant return. Shall be more anticipated than Jesus coming back to destroy every Walmart in the U.S. in 2012.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Well played.

In all seriousness though, Moss is my favorite player and I hope he doesn't actually retire and goes to play with the Colts. I think it's the perfect fit and dude definitely has something to prove, especially if he has been watching ESPN over these last 24 hours.

2nd best WR ever...and maybe the most talented

for some reason I don't think we've seen the last of him...

Originally Posted by TheGift23

What the hell.
laugh.gif
Nice.  
laugh.gif
  Maybe that guy can offer him a job.
I don't think he's the greatest wide receiver ever like some are saying, but he's clearly number 2.

it was reported that he was interested in the Cowboys and we turned him down...AGAIN
laugh.gif

Moss to the colts 
eek.gif

I hope it happens just so Manning can spank that smug look off of brady's baby face 

Originally Posted by srvballer

Top 5 best WR ever...and maybe the most talented

for some reason I don't think we've seen the last of him...

Moss is the most talented reciever to ever play in the NFL! Rice played with montana, young (self explanitory), and he also played with an mvp rich gannon.
If moss played with a brady/manning type qb his whole career his numbers would surpass rice's

^
It's not that easy saying his numbers would be better.  Hypothetical numbers mean nothing, results do.  Rice did have a more stable group of qb's and Randy would've benefitted from the same thing.  His poor attitude has been his downfall though and the reason he's been on a few teams.  He had Brady and Favre as his qb's last year.  A player of his calibre shouldn't be on 3 teams in one year.

People look at the guys who just love the game no matter what with a lot of respect, but to me more impressive is the guy who doesnt love the game as much. To practice and attain that level of accomplishment in a craft your not 100% dedicated to is amazing.

That's a great point, and a different angle on the ONE criticism of Randy Moss. I think sports writers feel he somehow "disrespects" the game though.

Back
Top Bottom