Ranking Eminems Discography

Reading through the Relapse thread, there seems to be a lot of discrepancy on how Eminem's albums rank. IMO they are all pretty close and it's mostlyup to personal opinion. My rankings:

1. The Eminem Show - IMO his best, most complete Album. Only Tracks I don't really feel are Without Me and My Dads Gone Crazy.

2. The Marshal Mathers LP - Tis album has more songs that I don't like as much, but the strength of Stan, The Way I Am, %*@%! Please 2 and others make it aclassic.

3. Infinite - I came across this CD about 4 years ago after I had heard all his other material to that point. This CD is pure hip-hop. Just Em spitting tospit. The fact thats its so short and that the last two songs are trash (IMO) hold it back from the #2 spot.

4. The Slim Shady LP - Great, Great CD, just not as polished as TES or MMLP. If I had is one of my favorite songs.

5. Relapse - I'm not feeling this as much as others so far. I'm sure it'll grow on me. Beautiful, Deja Vu, and Underground are great. Album reallyfits the theme, but I can't get into the lyrics. Flow and style are still on point though.

6. Encore - Consensus worst album, though I don't feel it's as bad as most think it is. Lots of great tracks, its just that block in the middle(Puke-Big Weenie) that should have been left off the album. Spend Some Time is a track I never hear mentioned which IMO is great.
EDIT: Forgot to mention the Encore Bonus Disk. ##$% is ill. Should have put those 3 songs on the CD instead of the above mentioned Trash. Would have made thisCD #1-2 in his discography IMO

Feel free to discuss / post your own rankings.

i can tell you this much ... theres not many rappers putting a top 5 albums list together that will be better than ems ... if you think so, show me ....

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

i can tell you this much ... theres not many rappers putting a top 5 albums list together that will be better than ems ... if you think so, show me ....

excluding duos/groups

Nas
Ghost
Scarface
Masta Ace
Common

A few more personal nominations that are debatable

Originally Posted by Mamaco

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

excluding duos/groups

Nas
Ghost
Scarface
Masta Ace
Common

A few more personal nominations that are debatable

roll.gif

he said 5 album list fam

MMLP
SSLP
Em Show/Relapse
Infinite
Encore

I really like Infinite, but comparing it with the others is tough because it's a different type of album. He hadn't really established himself as whathe is now, and really it shouldn't be on these lists so I placed it low.

Im in the minority saying Eminem Show is a tad weaker, not too say it is a weak album at all. I can definitely see a scenario where Relapse grows on me to thepoint its #2 or 1.

What's so funny Crank? I told you to stick to General the last time you ventured over here but since you've made your pressence know the least you cando is explain why the rappers you've highlighted top five albums aren't on par with Em's.
laugh.gif

I never was that big on TES.

1. MMLP
2. SSLP
3. Infinite
4. Relapse
5. TES

6. Encore

Crank seem like you taking a L
laugh.gif
all those names got 5 albums or more andthey each arguably got multiple classics. You laughing makes me think you aint never heard of those rappers, heard their discography, and just ignorant as%%*#.

Nas - nas has 5 albums as good as eminems top 5???????
laugh.gif

Ghost - sorry, try again
Scarface - you're 1 for 3
Masta Ace - uh
Common - boy
hey if you were a baseball player youre only one hit away from a .333 average, but right now ur .200 and getting sent down to the minors

infinite
sslp mmlp
tes relapse
encore

and thats just after one day ... im sure itll creep up eventually

What's so funny Crank? I told you to stick to General the last time you ventured over here but since you've made your pressence know the least you can do is explain why the rappers you've highlighted top five albums aren't on par with Em's.
laugh.gif
you got yourself into that mess bruh so you list their 5 albums, go ahead, I feel like laughing a bit more
laugh.gif

i can tell you this much ... theres not many rappers putting a top 5 albums list together that will be better than ems ... if you think so, showme .

First of all i agee with dude up top said...

Nas
Ghost
Scarface
Masta Ace
Common

Plus...

Kool G. Rap
Ice Cube
Rakim
Krs-One
Redman
LL Cool J

Eminem has 0 classics

Infinite
SSLP
MMLP
TES
Relapse
Encore

and there are PLENTY of rappers with 5 better albums.
indifferent.gif
Many rappers have 1 album better than Em's entire career.

infinite not included.......

mmlp
relapse
sslp
emshow
encore

relapse will soon tie mmlp tho. its too early. !@$% aint even release yet
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom