Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

That's been the Conversation Amongst people Who actually believe those things.... Which makes them just as crazy for wasting that much time on someone they claim has no sense, intellect or message.

And stop with the Naive ****, Obviously Kanye wasn't the first one to spark those conversations..... but his celebrity is bringing those conversations to a forefront & allowing him & lot's of other people to have those discussions in public & loud.

Kanye is bringing this conversation to the forefront :rofl::rofl:

Where? The discussion is being discussed in three topics on this board at least and nobody is discussing any of that.

I like what Kanye said. (when he expound on it)

slavery was a choice at a certain point. meaning you outnumber the oppressor but youre mentally enslaved so u cant even do anything to free yourselves. kinda like the slaves that didnt want to run away or revolt. I get it, at this point ppl at just reactionary to anything he says. dude on tmz was literally bout to cry...didnt even ask why he said anything just got mad and starting crying

charlamagne interview was so dope man. best interview I seen in a long time. the part where he talked about nike and LV was good to hear. Ye is def on the list of celebs Id want to have a convo with

I like what Kanye said. (when he expound on it)

slavery was a choice at a certain point. meaning you outnumber the oppressor but youre mentally enslaved so u cant even do anything to free yourselves. kinda like the slaves that didnt want to run away or revolt. I get it, at this point ppl at just reactionary to anything he says. dude on tmz was literally bout to cry...didnt even ask why he said anything just got mad and starting crying

charlamagne interview was so dope man. best interview I seen in a long time. the part where he talked about nike and LV was good to hear. Ye is def on the list of celebs Id want to have a convo with

:stoneface:

It being a choice doesn’t make it any less devastating. Not like I’m saying it wasn’t that bad or they enjoyed it :stoneface:

Outnumbering wasn’t the only reason that’s just an example. Ever seen the movie ants ? :lol:

Bruh the same stuff about mental slavery is talked about in the willie lynch theory stuff and other black activists speak on it all the time. If you break down the psyche of a person you don’t even have to do it by force they’d do it themselves

Who said it was easy :|

We talking rape, beaten, murder, castration, lynching and worse etc.

I’m not an idiot I know NOTHING was easy back in those days.

It’s still the fault of the oppressor

I’m not putting blame on black ppl

Kanye is really exposing people. :lol:

If you think it was a "choice" it says a lot about your level of intelligence.

What you are going to wear when you get up is a choice. It's your decision.

Living or dying is a choice?
Getting tortured or dying is a choice?

Those are "choices" to you?

It's not your choice, because your existence isn't in your hands.

I know you're a fan of his music but don't do this breh

delete1234 delete1234 going down the rabbit hole of “digging his heels in” to be contrary to everything :lol:.

Nothing Kanye tried to clean up was novel. We get it. You don’t have to say 400 years of slavery was a choice in order for us to understand the impact of mental slavery and the effects of it today.

We get it. With this whole Kanye thing....I don’t even trip over how outrageous he is. That’s him, he’s an attention ***** and contrarian. Nothing surprising there. It’s clear what he’s going for.

What kinda irks me is how he plays with the notion of black people not “knowing any better” and patronizing them like there aren’t any forward, outside the box thinkers. It’s condesdeing and far from empowering. These aren’t “hard truths”. We know the hard truths. We’ve worked and continue to work on fixing them.

The irony is Kanye is doing very short handed and surface level “free thinking” and it looks smart to ppl who don’t know any better.

The tolerate my intolerance and cancel culture (two extremes) are the ones going at it right now. It’s all noise.

Nah some black people today don’t know any better.

that is facts. We are easily manipulated. They will put something in the news tomorrow and we will all be upset about it for a week then move on to something else.

But with that said imma chill cuz it look like no matter what you say ppl just get mad and say you’re a **** or whatever lol. As if we all ain’t black and gotta walk outside all day. I ain’t got no white wife to run to lmfao.

What kinda irks me is how he plays with the notion of black people not “knowing any better” and patronizing them like there aren’t any forward, outside the box thinkers. It’s condesdeing and far from empowering. These aren’t “hard truths”. We know the hard truths. We’ve worked and continue to work on fixing them.

That's what really annoys me.

Kanye's thinks he's special and has out of the box thought

He lives in his little box

Nah some black people today don’t know any better.

that is facts. We are easily manipulated. They will put something in the news tomorrow and we will all be upset about it for a week then move on to something else.

But with that said imma chill cuz it look like no matter what you say ppl just get mad and say you’re a **** or whatever lol. As if we all ain’t black and gotta walk outside all day. I ain’t got no white wife to run to lmfao.

N****, that’s American culture and human nature in general :lol:. You’re going to have a portion of people who don’t know or care. The onus is always on “Black people” as a collective to lift themselves up by the boot straps, be 10x more aware, forgive, forget, move on etc....to something that hasn’t been rightfully remedied yet (by the people who tell us to move on and stop being victims)....And there are solutions and steps that we’ve taken and continue to take.....but there are active forces against it and a long way to go to remedy the ****.

The irony with Kanye aligning with Trump and those voices just for shock factor, is trump and them are ACTIVLEY trying to do things to make black people permanent second clsss citizens. Look at what they’re doing with the courts, immigration, gerrymandering, voter suppression, rolling back of civil rights, legislation, privatization, etc etc. Hell....if Trump and them had their ways....you may not be here considering he’s trying to limit legal immigration from ****hole countries like Nigeria (he literally said that).

Guys like you....let what you don’t see as progress (there’s been strides here) hinder you from seeing the broader, overarching issues and strides...and you view it from a micro, person to person/social media lense.

It’s the general hopelessness and being discouraged that causes y’all to say **** like “Black people don’t know any better”....”slaves to the democratic plantation”, “nothing has changed”, “we are easily distracted”, “look at Chicago” etc etc. And I understand it. And see how it’s easy to come to a shortsighted conclusion like, “black people don’t know any better”. But that misses the mark. It’s not about free thinking....it’s anout critical free thinking. There’s a difference. You should challenge your thought process....but not just challenge. It for your own vanity.

Things have improved...but there is a long, long way to go.

Based on some of these replies, Kanyes album rollout is working just fine :lol:

N****, that’s American culture and human nature in general :lol:. You’re going to have a portion of people who don’t know or care. The onus is always on “Black people” as a collective to lift themselves up by the boot straps, be 10x more aware, forgive, forget, move on etc....to something that hasn’t been rightfully remedied yet (by the people who tell us to move on and stop being victims)....And there are solutions and steps that we’ve taken and continue to take.....but there are active forces against it and a long way to go to remedy the ****.

The irony with Kanye aligning with Trump and those voices just for shock factor, is trump and them are ACTIVLEY trying to do things to make black people permanent second clsss citizens. Look at what they’re doing with the courts, immigration, gerrymandering, voter suppression, rolling back of civil rights, legislation, privatization, etc etc. Hell....if Trump and them had their ways....you may not be here considering he’s trying to limit legal immigration from ****hole countries like Nigeria (he literally said that).

Guys like you....let what you don’t see as progress (there’s been strides here) hinder you from seeing the broader, overarching issues and strides...and you view it from a micro, person to person/social media lense.

It’s the general hopelessness and being discouraged that causes y’all to say **** like “Black people don’t know any better”....”slaves to the democratic plantation”, “nothing has changed”, “we are easily distracted”, “look at Chicago” etc etc. And I understand it. And see how it’s easy to come to a shortsighted conclusion like, “black people don’t know any better”. But that misses the mark. It’s not about free thinking....it’s anout critical free thinking. There’s a difference. You should challenge your thought process....but not just chnallenge. It for your own vanity.

Things have improved...but there is a long, long way to go.

Lol I agree with some things you said but disagree with others. Also there is no “guys like me” I never said any of the things u said in your post (towards the end) so there’s no “y’all” there:lol: but I’ll chill off it

Kanye is bringing this conversation to the forefront :rofl::rofl:

Where? The discussion is being discussed in three topics on this board at least and nobody is discussing any of that.

I've seen these convos happen all over social media, I've seen people with their think pieces opposing or agreeing, ****in Ebro was just on CNN. The Entire Interview with Charlamagne is dude clearly laying out his thoughts & it's gotten million of views already. Just because YOU choose to side with an stance doesn't mean other people aren't discussing the bigger picture. Hell there's dialogue going on right now with people talking about slavery & varying opinions.

As far as slavery being a choice he clarified that he was talking about mental slavery & that is true even to this day. You got ****** graduating 6 figures in debt from white universities, paying interest to white banks & be the first ones to attack a black person for suggesting something different. ****** will talk all day about how the government, police, corporate america were built to hamper us........ and then act bewildered when the same exact system ignores our request. This **** is insanity...... but we praise any ***** that goes with that flow as woke.

I've seen these convos happen all over social media, I've seen people with their think pieces opposing or agreeing, ****in Ebro was just on CNN. The Entire Interview with Charlamagne is dude clearly laying out his thoughts & it's gotten million of views already. Just because YOU choose to side with an stance doesn't mean other people aren't discussing the bigger picture. Hell there's dialogue going on right now with people talking about slavery & varying opinions.

As far as slavery being a choice he clarified that he was talking about mental slavery & that is true even to this day. You got *****s graduating 6 figures in debt from white universities, paying interest to white banks & be the first ones to attack a black person for suggesting something different. *****s will talk all day about how the government, police, corporate america were built to hamper us........ and then act bewildered when the same exact system ignores our request. This **** is insanity...... but we praise any ***** that goes with that flow as woke.

Thinking someone is a dumb *** is a conversation :lol:

His interview with Charlamagne is incoherrent rambling broad thoughts. He clarified nothing and gives no solutions or suggestions.

and the dude with the fake white wife, looking for their acceptance and speaking in his white voice saying others are in mental slavery :lol:

As far as slavery being a choice he clarified that he was talking about mental slavery & that is true even to this day. You got *****s graduating 6 figures in debt from white universities, paying interest to white banks & be the first ones to attack a black person for suggesting something different. *****s will talk all day about how the government, police, corporate america were built to hamper us........ and then act bewildered when the same exact system ignores our request. This **** is insanity...... but we praise any ***** that goes with that flow as woke.
Many people who graduate with six figures in debt are often able to get good enough jobs to play off those loans.

vegnews.steviewonder.gif

I Don't agree with that forgive & forget ****, i think that the effects of slavery have to be discussed & explained because it's tied in with our status as of today. But as far as the onus being on us & having to be 10x more aware, if we ever really trying to get out of this hole we got no other choice. This country has shown time & time again that it's gonna do everything possible to try & stagnate our process & they ain't ever gonna relinquish their stolen/false superiority.

Us being better sticking together & focusing more & building with eachother the only thing that Can get us out of & unfortunately it's gonna take 10X the effort because we know what we up against.

Back
Top Bottom