Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Trash. I’ll give him credit for 1 and 2 for being good (NOT “top 5 southern rap album ever” garbage), but Carter 3 was a commercial mess, and the best Carter 4 songs didn’t even have Wa_n_ on there
E2413AC0-58DF-4899-AEBB-BBF325728AEB.png

EDIT: omg that whole page full of Carter garbage is despicable

Yo! I was thinking the same thing about the Champion shirt when I saw the screen cap.:lol:
Joe really went out and got some Champion shirts :lol:

So does that mean I can wear my big C Champion sweatshirts again from a few years back. :lol:

y’all sleep.

champion been back. all over pacsun/zumiez/dtlr/jimmy jazz/etc.

fila came back hard too.

wish i had the money and resources to take old brands invest in them, and put them on “influencers”.

It’s crazy how Berg has made a career these past few years doing nothing but sampling 90’s R&B records. Everytime I hear the hitmaka tag, some old school R&B sample usually starts playing. I’m guessing Ty$ and Jeremih’s whole tape about to sound exactly like that, since he’s EP’n it. :lol:

He’s literally doing exactly what Puff used to do except he seems a little more hands on in beatmaking.

It’s funny, a way better southern album dropped the same day as Carter 3.

I remember going to Best Buy to cop this and the line was crazy. Mad people had C3 in their hands, I had Plies. **** was $7 too. Had a real nice joint coming through that night. I remember that day vividly.

A7B78D02-5D48-47A1-97C6-EFDF00C8D1F8.jpeg

He’s literally doing exactly what Puff used to do except he seems a little more hands on in beatmaking.

Yeah, I was thinking I was just the old dude hating, but then I remembered I didn't really like it when Puff did it either.

I remember going to Best Buy to cop this and the line was crazy. Mad people had C3 in their hands, I had Plies. **** was $7 too. Had a real nice joint coming through that night. I remember that day vividly.

I bought it because it was $7 too :lol: there’s 4 songs on there that I’d play more than any of those crappy C3 songs. “Let The Beat Build” was 5 of the most worthless minutes I’ve spent listening to a song.

Honestly you gotta look at the music most of the people they asked are making... Carter three is the bible to a large amount of their styles. It was the beginning of his heavy experimentation & the entire style he brought into it. Far from his best work, but he put down the bricks for a lot of lanes that opened up afterwards even if it wasn't necessarily for the best

That’s the thing, if your influence has led to mostly garbage music and styles, should you really be praised and celebrated? He’s a direct catalyst for rap’s decline, fathering some of the worst rappers and music today.

Last edited:

Plies is trash

To this day, me and my brother still say “I ain’t kinda hot, I’m sauna”. :pimp: :pimp:

C3 was hard to me back when it came out. Coulda been because I was in 7th/8th grade too though. Can’t play the album all the way now.

The crazy thing is his club/radio joints were hard as ****. They weren’t corny or gimmick. Fire, Pump It Up, Drop Drop and Focus were all dope. Some just got played the **** out

Drop Drop and Focus gotta lot of play in my house. Pump It Up too.

that's because he was from da DJ clue desert storm school.

son was basically a shokotan ryu/ken clone of fab & stack bundles when he dropped.

This has always been the case.

*****s are attracted to the "image" and what he represents. If we're comparing his actual rap ability to JUST Philly rappers past and present....he's not a standout.

Naw, but he can rap. That's why his peers give him credit. Even the past generation. Nobody looks at him like 90% of these rappers that came out in the past ten years.

You don't have to be the best rapper to put out good music.

If rap was based on ability then the majority of the rappers who get praised up here aren't ****. Because I see very little praise of Phonte compared to all these new Lil South dudes.

Back
Top Bottom