Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Those 90s rappers posted did some weird stuff but it wasn't nearly as flagrant as it is today. It was weird but today it's straight up momo.

Thug is the only one who has even done anything suspect outside of the clothes.

Like Wavy said all these dudes have girls and rap about ******* ****.

There is no difference between the outlandishness of the outfits people wear today and Busta or Andre wearing skirts. My mans up there literally just said one is okay and the other isn't because one group of artists is "talented". 
laugh.gif

At the end of the day the only thing that makes you gay is sexual attraction or sex with a man.

Y'all are basing people's sexuality off of your own perception of what certain articles of clothing mean. 1000 years ago when we were kings and queens in Egypt, we used to wear skirts and presumably nothing was thought of it. But now since corporations got involved and marketed those items to certain segments of the population it now changes your sexual orientation? 

Not saying I'd wear a skirt but y'all are really reaching if Thug or Uzi is gay for wearing a tight shirt but Snoop, 3K and Busta can get their nails done, wear perms and skirts and blouses and they're not gay because they're "talented"? Where even is the correlation?

Stop acting brand new...

BViY_GpCcAEqi75.jpg

tumblr_mx8x5by8el1sqi9gvo1_400.jpg

WavyCrocket comparing people who made great bodies of work to kats that may ride the red line home with you with a hot summer mixtape he's been pushing since March

Yup.

If you made great bodies of work in the 90s....but dressed feminine = not suspect.

If you're a 2017 "rapper" that's melodic in 2017 and dress feminine = GAYYYYYYYYYYYY

:rofl:
Dudes in here just proving Ak and Nedeseka point :lol:

Those 90s rappers posted did some weird stuff but it wasn't nearly as flagrant as it is today. It was weird but today it's straight up momo.
If Young Thug made Aquemini and Andre 3000 rapped like Lil B your opinion would be completely different. 
laugh.gif

Please post Uzi or Quavo wearing a full out dress like Busta or Andre.

Yeah I'm good, we've had this discussion before. This ain't going nowhere. Homosexuality is way more accepted in rap than it was 15 years ago and in the rest of music and the world. That's all I'm saying.

Yeah I'm good, we've had this discussion before. This ain't going nowhere. Homosexuality is way more accepted in rap than it was 15 years ago and in the rest of music and the world. That's all I'm saying.
No you're saying femininity is more acceptable. People don't get made fun of for their lack of masculinity like they did before.

How many people were openly gay in rap 15 years ago? How many people are openly gay in rap right now? Pretty sure it's the same number of people.

Facts. Wavy use to be considered an expert, but lately man's is becoming less credible straight across the board.

As you said, and got clowned for in the NBA thread....

"Several people have repped me." :lol:.

I don't think my line of reasoning or credibility have fallen off at all. I been consistent. Won't fall into NT groupthink that I see in here on certain topics though. Won't do it.

Seems like the dudes with topless dudes in the avis are defending this **** to the death
I mean if you wanna take it there y'all are defending skirts, blouses, eyeliner, getting your nails done, perms and makeup as "in bounds" and we're just asking how is that "less gay" than ****** shimmying their shoulders and wearing skinny jeans.

But ok. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
As you said, and got clowned for in the NBA thread....

"Several people have repped me." :lol:.

I don't think my line of reasoning or credibility have fallen off at all. I been consistent. Won't fall into NT groupthink that I see in here on certain topics though. Won't do it.

But several people repped him tho

I mean if you wanna take it there y'all are defending skirts, blouses, perms and makeup as "in bounds" and we're just asking how is that "less" gay than ****** shimmying their shoulders and wearing skinny jeans.

But ok. :lol:
i defend none of the madness, i can care less what the next man wears, but i do think even them old pics are suspect as hell. Im consistent when i call **** suspect, but them cats aint harming me so i dont care......just gotta make sure i raise my sons right

Thug is the only one who has even done anything suspect outside of the clothes.

Like Wavy said all these dudes have girls and rap about ******* ****.

There is no difference between the outlandishness of the outfits people wear today and Busta or Andre wearing skirts. My mans up there literally just said one is okay and the other isn't because one group of artists is "talented". 
laugh.gif

At the end of the day the only thing that makes you gay is sexual attraction or sex with a man.

Y'all are basing people's sexuality off of your own perception of what certain articles of clothing mean. 1000 years ago when we were kings and queens in Egypt, we used to wear skirts and presumably nothing was thought of it. But now since corporations got involved and marketed those items to certain segments of the population it now changes your sexual orientation? 

Not saying I'd wear a skirt but y'all are really reaching if Thug or Uzi is gay for wearing a tight shirt but Snoop, 3K and Busta can get their nails done, wear perms and skirts and blouses and they're not gay because they're "talented"? Where even is the correlation?

Stop acting brand new...

BViY_GpCcAEqi75.jpg

tumblr_mx8x5by8el1sqi9gvo1_400.jpg

Alright well...this wasn't what you originally posted :lol:

But I'm not gonna lie, that Busta fit and the Dre fits are very flamboyant. I still think those dudes were more "weird" and "crazy" than "gay" acting if that makes sense. They weren't dancing like Uzi Vert. I get your point as far as the flamboyant dressing, but there's still a difference in the way they acted vs. how effeminate Uzi and Young thug act. And nobody in the 90s calling dudes their hubby's or talking about smoking penis.

Technically the only "old" dude you mentioned that got away with the feminine acting was Prince and like I said, he was pop not rap. No major male rappers out in the 90s or early 2000s were out here acting sus on the levels of uzi or young thug

Last edited:
Them cats stylists try to set them up, but honestly i wouldnt be surprised if any of them came out the closet at this point

Back
Top Bottom