Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

What’s a genius
nas.jpg

Once I saw _'s discrediting Dr Dre I left these "genius" discussions alone. :lol:

How does getting credit for other people’s composing just because you were the sound engineer and eq’d some bass on that record make you a genius?

I reserve the term genius for people who can write, arrange, compose, and play their own music. Prince, Quincy Jones, Zaytoven :nerd: ....... Etc etc

There’s more examples

How does getting credit for other people’s composing just because you were the sound engineer and eq’d some bass on that record make you a genius?

I reserve the term genius for people who can write, arrange, compose, and play their own music. Prince, Quincy Jones, Zaytoven :nerd: ....... Etc etc

There’s more examples

You might wanna do some research into what Dre does. The people that have worked with him have said he does way than that. :lol:

That's like saying Jay ain't **** cuz all he did was use Big's rhymes and ride waves.

You might wanna do some research into what Dre does. The people that have worked with him have said he does way than that. :lol:

That's like saying Jay ain't **** cuz all he did was use Big's rhymes and ride waves.

That 2nd paragraph is a false equivalency, it’s also interesting considering one of dr Dre’s best songs came from the pen of Shawn carter

Simply composing music makes one a musical genius?

Nope, need to be able to do everything

Sorry guys, my standards for genius is just different, shrugs.

That 2nd paragraph is a false equivalency, it’s also interesting considering one of dr Dre’s best songs came from the pen of Shawn carter

No it ain't. :lol:

What about Jay taking young Chris flow? Taking Give It To Me and Can I Get A?

We can do this nitpicking all day with anybody...

Simply composing music makes one a musical genius?

And that's why I leave the genius discussions alone. A lot of fans don't know what they are talking about.

So Drake really stressing over Jorja's box?! :rofl: :rofl:

Joe Budden had me like
wee-bey-reaction-gif.gif
after he broke it down

What box does drake NOT stress over??

He’s a grade A simp. That’s why women defend him so much. A lot of women like to have a guy that they can control. Smh

Back
Top Bottom