Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Fam actually rolling his eyes too and everything
nicki-minaj-album-gets-later-release-date.gif
:lol:

Cut it out my guy, everytime Hov is brought up in here... there’s a bunch of people saying he’s a Snake, he ain’t hold his people down, he’s looking for white approval blah blah blah.... that is NOT the energy associated with Gucci at All.

It’s 90% “look at Gucci glow up:pimp:, I’m proud of wop”

Jeezy started to mature his music, start talkin that boss ****... ya’ll called it corny, Same with TIP

***** Gucci out here with flowers out his ears & rompers on & ain’t nobody tryna paint him as over or selling out... *****s is SUPER biased with Gucci just keep it 100

No...that’s just how YOU want to see it :lol:. You’re looking for things to play your “I find it funny”, “keep the same energy” card again. Gucci mane literally came home from jail, bettered his life and seemingly distanced himself from f’ery. How is that comparable to Jay Z? :lol:. We just applaud these guys when they do better. Dudes were laughing AT Gucci when he was wilding. Not cheering him on really. He just happened to make some good music at the time when he was with the f’erry.

You want us to clown Gucci because some fans and nawghtyhare nawghtyhare (which is his shtick) call Jay Z a snake? Everybody love Hov generally man. Gucci has a few Atl cats are vaguely taking shots at him...and it’s a “keep the same energy rant” :lol:.

Again, you’re arguing with ghosts....with different situations. And everything doesn’t need to be “the same”.

Lastly, Jeezy’s growth is appreciated. Just like Gucci. They both haven’t grown musically though.

Nicki clout chasing

Shawty so annoying man. Always blew me how dudes started pretending she was actually gifted as a rapper. Wild patronizing how they’d front like she “could spit”, when it wasn’t cool to tell the truth about her. Some were scared to keep it 100 on nicki. Plenty of females rappers past and present that were better than her...but for a long time...it was a slippery slope to be critical and honest of her and her music.

Now that she’s “cool to hate”....everybody is being honest and OD with it. Her talent was always in her personality, image and connections.

Moment for life is a great song btw though :pimp:. I think that’s nicki at her best.

Shawty so annoying man. Always blew me how dudes started pretending she was actually gifted as a rapper. Wild patronizing how they’d front like she “could spit”, when it wasn’t cool to tell the truth about her. Some were scared to keep it 100 on nicki. Plenty of females rappers past and present that were better than her...but for a long time...it was a slippery slope to be critical and honest of her and her music.

Now that she’s “cool to hate”....everybody is being honest and OD with it. Her talent was always in her personality, image and connections.

Moment for life is a great song btw though :pimp:. I think that’s nicki at her best.
Ive hated her annoying *** for the past 10 years.
All that dumb screaming and costumes and stupid faces. Wack as hell.
She def was aight tho before Cash Money

No...that’s just how YOU want to see it :lol:. You’re looking for things to play your “I find it funny”, “keep the same energy” card again. Gucci mane literally came home from jail, bettered his life and seemingly distanced himself from f’ery. How is that comparable to Jay Z? :lol:. We just applaud these guys when they do better. Dudes were laughing AT Gucci when he was wilding. Not cheering him on really. He just happened to make some good music at the time when he was with the f’erry.

You want us to clown Gucci because some fans and nawghtyhare nawghtyhare (which is his shtick) call Jay Z a snake? Everybody love Hov generally man. Gucci has a few Atl cats are vaguely taking shots at him...and it’s a “keep the same energy rant” :lol:.

Again, you’re arguing with ghosts....with different situations. And everything doesn’t need to be “the same”.

Lastly, Jeezy’s growth is appreciated. Just like Gucci. They both haven’t grown musically though.
why the hell u @ me
keep me outta yall trash *** argument
i dont even like gucci like that
and there are a BUNCH of folks that dont like jay z
and agree he a snake
either way
keep me outta this
im bumping this new nicki
and living my best life right now

Yall do realize theres a significant difference in age between jeezy's and gucci's core fan..like at minimum a 5-7 year difference..when jeezy started making more mature records gucci fans were still in their late teens early 20's

Yall do realize theres a significant difference in age between jeezy's and gucci's core fan..like at minimum a 5-7 year difference..when jeezy started making more mature records gucci fans were still in their late teens early 20's

Nah. Same core . Gucci however, was able to lock up a segment that Jeezy couldn’t because he wasn’t the A&R that Gucci was. And that’s the youth. Both just lost it musically. We also gotta stop thinking “more mature records” = improvement for Jeezy.

The content might’ve been in a better direction....but sonically, he’s been lacking. Church in the streets came out in 2015 THAT was his “mature album) and it was a mixed bag. “All there” on Trap or Die 3 is an all time Great for record for Jeezy though.

Gucci also been real hit or miss since he came home...and more on the miss side. Still got moments when he be floating. But his best days putting entire projects together are behind him.

That's primarily because while jeezy was falling off, Gucci kept laying good music for his fans

Back
Top Bottom