Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Nahh. You was definitely the cat running through the 6 with your woes. Don’t front. You stopped midsprint when you heard the Q Miller reference :lol:

Nope.

So Far So Gone, cool played a few songs off that
Thank Me Later, T R A S H
Take Care, production is great. Liked about 8 songs on that album but really played 2-3 songs off it.
NWTS, liked a little less than half
IYRTITL, liked Energy but deleted the album quick
Views, T R A S H

Never heard another album or project.

The Motion is my favorite Drake song and it ain't even on an album.

And I'm mad as **** I gotta see this black face wearing homo on LeBron's show.

wavycrocket wavycrocket thinks he's the 4th Migos

I’m just realizing that he just put Barnes... i just added the & nobel myself while reading :lol:

Now I see he definitely meant Barney’s

Nope.

So Far So Gone, cool played a few songs off that
Thank Me Later, T R A S H
Take Care, production is great. Liked about 8 songs on that album but really played 2-3 songs off it.
NWTS, liked a little less than half
IYRTITL, liked Energy but deleted the album quick
Views, T R A S H

Never heard another album or project.

The Motion is my favorite Drake song and it ain't even on an album.

And I'm mad as **** I gotta see this black face wearing homo on LeBron's show.

wavycrocket wavycrocket thinks he's the 4th Migos

:rofl:

Just watched that Gates x Sway and what he speaking on regarding Wayne and them sound truthful,
that _ definitely still did a Young Money management deal tho and was down with them for a min before the Atlantic deal

I remember that _ vividly being on stage and **** doing YMCMB shows with his arm around Lil Chuckee :lol:

The group **** with Gudda and Flow was around 2012

I think that Young Money affiliation definitely helped him tho, I remember a lot of ppl finding him around then as “Wayne new artist”

Just watched that Gates x Sway and what he speaking on regarding Wayne and them sound truthful,
that _ definitely still did a Young Money management deal tho and was down with them for a min before the Atlantic deal

I remember that _ vividly being on stage and **** doing YMCMB shows with his arm around Lil Chuckee :lol:

The group **** with Gudda and Flow was around 2012

Where is Chuckee?

I never understand the Drake hate on NT

He’s gonna go down as one of the greats at this point, all the semantics ****** argue don’t even hold weight when it comes to those “of all time” convos for artists

That’s not me saying he’s THE goat, that belongs to Jay, no argument

But the people who wouldn’t place him on there would’ve never placed him there even before the QM ****

I ain’t going back and forth about it neither

A5D7F4DD-A032-448C-A8CF-45D9B734EC8E.gif

He’s gonna go down as one of the greats at this point, all the semantics *****s argue don’t even hold weight when it comes to those “of all time” convos for artists

But the people who wouldn’t place him on there would’ve never placed him there even before the QM ****

Nah not 10
Because he doesn’t have an undeniable classic
He has one of those
And he will be considered a great
He’s successful
But mc wise
Not a great
His closest thing to classic is so far gone
Or take care
Which can be debatable

Drake was never better than Cole, Kendrick or Wale for me, at least. Those been my top 3 “new” rappers since 2008.

Drake is here due to sheer over expusure. (Which is cool if he’s your cup of tea).

It ain’t hate. He’s not a bad musicians. Grown men getting upset because we got our nuts crossed on Drake :rofl::rofl:

Just think, Drake is making hay during the 69, famous Dex, era :rofl::rofl:

Let that resonate

He’s gonna go down as one of the greats at this point, all the semantics *****s argue don’t even hold weight when it comes to those “of all time” convos for artists

He'd be a hell of a lot higher on my personal list if the ghost writer **** never came out tbh. And that's off IYRT and features/loosies/remixes alone cuz I really don't like the majority of his music.

I try to go by how much I like the music instead of success cuz if success is the main key, MC Hammer need to be in a lot of ****** top 10 lists and that ain't happening.

If you go by his verses on rap tracks alone (IMO) son is wayyyyyy up there. I just hate not knowing what he wrote :lol:

So Far Gone is a classic. In this day and age where an album isn’t discernibly different from a mixtape, I don’t want to hear that “it’s not an album” semantics stuff. :lol:

Also, mf’s gonna come around to Scorpion in time. That album was a solid effort. Watch.

I’m not Drake’s biggest fan. ****, to this day I still haven’t listened to either Take Care or NWTS in full. But to deny son’s run, and overall place in rap is wild imo. Being as objective as I can be, no one’s seent a run like Drake’s.

A few reasons why I'm not a fan of Drake

1. He's a pop star, he makes pop music but many consider him a rapper cause he's half black. He makes a lot of very generic and radio music, I don't consider him a rapper. Some of y'all think it's hate, it ain't. He's a pop star.

2. He can't sing. I listen to mad R&B, I want to hear people that can really sing. Not what he does.

3. I also think he gets passes and advantages that black rappers don't get because they're black so his streak isn't as impressive. If he was black and dark, career wouldn't be anything like it is. Drake is some **** families listen to together on a road trip or at a wedding. His music is safe, rap ain't safe to me. He doesn't make music for me.

4. Drake got some fire songs, I've heard 4-5 of his albums and not a single classic or a great album for me.

+ I'm listening to WFAN (NY Sports Radio Show) right now. Bart Scott says white families love Drake, NON THREATENING BLACK GUY. Just said that **** after I posted this.

Back
Top Bottom