Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I only understand this dude when he's rapping.
Dude like the hood Boomhauer
He use a lot of lingo but be putting key words in

'snackaveli'

'Yea I dropped a lil nugget'

'Thank ya'

Lmao, when a video for this drop? And where the hell offset come from?
Tape got repackaged with like 5 songs

Screenshot_20181107-101804_Spotify.jpg

Last edited:
Belly is so fascinating to me from the colors to the bug noises when opps were around :lol:

Dude really was an auteur and had a unique cinematic voice. Dude coulda brought so many different perspectives to so many different topics.

Visually I feel like he coulda been with the Spikes and Wes Anderson’s if he kept that style over a 20 something year career. It’s so unique.

edit: that plot was kinda wild though :lol:

The common denominator with Hype and Spike is the cinematographer Malik Sayeed. He played a big part in the development in both of their visual styles

Hype and Malik linked up early 90s and started doing videos after working on sets together then Spike grabbed him to shoot Clockers. He ended up working on a lot of stuff for Spike over the next 6-7 years (He Got Game, Kings of Comedy, Real Sports etc) so when Hype started working on his first feature (Belly) I think he basically already knew Malik had to shoot that **** :lol:

Malik kinda made the template for a lot these dudes working today on how to shoot/light black skin tho cause that’s something that wasn’t really being taught and expounded on in these lily white film schools. The “rules” they teach you have us looking trash on camera lol

Bruh is an amazing director/producer of his own now tho, he did some of the Jay Z 4:44 stuff and been working on The Shop as well

If y’all have seen Jay’s interviews, you’d know there’s no way in hell he could play any type of aggressive character in a movie :lol: there’s a reason he doesn’t have many movie roles, and that’s not just his decision

We thought the same about Fab :lol:

The common denominator with Hype and Spike is the cinematographer Malik Sayeed. He played a big part in the development in both of their visual styles

Hype and Malik linked up early 90s and started doing videos after working on sets together then Spike grabbed him to shoot Clockers. He ended up working on a lot of stuff for Spike over the next 6-7 years (He Got Game, Kings of Comedy, Real Sports etc) so when Hype started working on his first feature (Belly) I think he basically already knew Malik had to shoot that **** :lol:

Malik kinda made the template for a lot these dudes working today on how to shoot/light black skin tho cause that’s something that wasn’t really being taught and expounded on in these lily white film schools. The “rules” they teach you have us looking trash on camera lol

Bruh is an amazing director/producer of his own now tho, he did some of the Jay Z 4:44 stuff and been working on The Shop as well

I love your posts dog nh

0F8F4905-4D53-4583-A160-2FDE97B7812E.png

Now that you mention it I do see similarities in how Clockers and He Got Game look to belly. I think I actually even watched those films a few years ago bc I saw that he was the cinematographer. When I wanted to do movies/videos lol.

Cgt6x3IW4AIK3Fu.jpg

clockers2.png

Approaching-the-scene.jpg

That thing you mention about the rules for blacks vs. whites in lighting is intriguing. Could you expound on that or direct me to some resources because that is actually a very great point and probably a very big factor.

Also, I heard them ****** used to put jelly on the camera :lol: like in scenes like this top and bottom still but idk

tumblr_nplpuy81W81s8esgpo5_r1_1280.jpg

belly4.jpg

Now that you mention it I do see similarities in how Clockers and He Got Game look to belly. I think I actually even watched those films a few years ago bc I saw that he was the cinematographer. When I wanted to do movies/videos lol.

Cgt6x3IW4AIK3Fu.jpg

clockers2.png

Approaching-the-scene.jpg

That thing you mention about the rules for blacks vs. whites in lighting is intriguing. Could you expound on that or direct me to some resources because that is actually a very great point and probably a very big factor.

Also, I heard them *****s used to put jelly on the camera :lol: like in scenes like this top and bottom still but idk

tumblr_nplpuy81W81s8esgpo5_r1_1280.jpg

belly4.jpg

Durk is real hit or miss with me. He one of them dudes that's cool on features but I ain't tryna hear a full project of him. He seem like a real dude though.

Used to mess with Durk heavy. He’s been hit or miss lately though.. hoping he delivers Friday.

Back
Top Bottom