Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

**** the fact that rappers are casually assualting women left & right, **** that a lot of these rappers gain notoriety off antics & **** ****..... the real big issue here is Ebro :lol:. Heard you.

Again you know nothing of the case . You already assuming he guilty

****** will watch a rapper beat chicks up, promote being a drug addict, CONSTANTLY go on line doing stupid **** for attention & ride out with said rapper. Someone questions them on their derelict behavior & they're the corny ones.

It's clockwork online.

someone says stop praising woman beaters, Loser.
someone says stop promoting heavy drugs, Loser.
someone says stop being reckless with your bread, Hater.
Someone says take better care of your business, Hater.

****** applaud ignorance Daily & want to shun anyone who speaks out about it. And then turn around and say the "OG's ain't tryna help the youth"

Last edited:
I recently brought up how it was hard to enjoy NBA Youngboy music because of his issues and somebody stated the same because he was talented and that he seems to be doing better and we hope that he makes those changes.

Did we not say enough? Should we have gon back and forth talking about what we already understand being that hitting women is wrong and that he ought to be ashamed?

If an artist is making changes in their life, how often do we need to bring up their past? Cause if we not letting go if the messed up stuff in artists' past there's a lot of baggage with every artist.

They aren't. Nobody was outraged during Kodak's numerous arrest. People have acted like it's normal. Say they're stupid and move on. There's never been multiple pages on Kodak's arrest. This is a fact.
*****s will watch a rapper beat chicks up, promote being a drug addict, CONSTANTLY go on line doing stupid **** for attention & ride out with said rapper. Someone questions them on their derelict behavior & they're the corny ones. It's clockwork online. someone says stop praising woman beaters, Loser.someone says stop promoting heavy drugs, Loser.someone says stop being reckless with your bread, Hater.Someone says take better care of your business, Hater. *****s applaud ignorance Daily & want to shun anyone who speaks out about it. And then turn around and say the "OG's ain't tryna help the youth"

Y'all arguing about **** that's not even being said in here. Just leaping to your own conclusions.

Last edited:
You can get "canceled" for liking Trump and that can be pages and pages, but beat your pregnant girlfriend and it's business as usual. Well I said it was bad :lol:

and how dare someone ask them about it in an interview :ohwell:

but let someone not ask Kanye about his Trump stance.

It's wild how dudes excuse violence against women as some common occurrence, like he apologized. He seems sorry. Well she got back with him(Fab).

I guess where I'm lost is idk what you are expecting us to say. Sure Trump is an easy target because it's easy to pile on about people who support him. That's more "following the mob of majority" than anything else.

If I read people's replies correctly they don't like Ebro's approach to the situation. He brought up the case, sense Kodak got bothered by it, pressed him, then instead of respecting Kodak's request to move on he dismissed it all. Ebro coulda stepped back and said "aight" and moved on but instead he decided to think with his ego and Kodak went with his ego and dipped.

How do you define "excuse violence against women" because I don't see that here. I define it as saying things like "well he hit her because..." or "she shouldn't have..." which I have noticed in here. I do see dudes saying we don't know what happened

Don't think I don't understand what you are saying or that it doesn't happen, I'm just speaking about this particular conversation

Nobody is saying that rappers should be condemned forever over something they did. However in recent times a dude will literally get more hate for calling out the issue then the guy committing the crime. Dudes will literally not support a dude or try & Call him "corny" for speaking out against something, but will easily gloss over someones actions when they repeatedly do dumb ****.

I haven't heard anyone call try and make this push for Kodak/ NBA youngboy/ XXX to be deemed as corny or lame for their behavior... However there's a long list of rappers who have spoke out against the BS actions some of these dudes do.... And cats condemn their entire career/music/persona because of it. Somehow dudes can easily over look **** **** and enjoy a ****** music, but let someone speak out on it & suddenly they shouldn't have a job or shouldn't sell records.

You can get "canceled" for liking Trump and that can be pages and pages, but beat your pregnant girlfriend and it's business as usual. Well I said it was bad :lol:

It's wild how dudes excuse violence against women as some common occurrence, like he apologized. He seems sorry. Well she got back with him(Fab).
Calling out ebro's ****ery is not the same as excusing the violence against women.

Kodak is a BAN if allegations are legit and ebro a ho for trying to discuss a topic he knew couldn't be discussed. Seriously what was he trying to do there? It's not just the asking him, it's the "You seem upset that I brought it up" follow up.

It's funny...in that video where the fab news dropped he explains how he cant do arguments because of how he was raised...how his father used to try anyone...get in people face...and ebro just cant do it. But apparently what is acceptable is passive aggressively arguing with someone. Bring up a topic that a person cannot confirm or deny in anyway...visually see they were upset by the topic being brought up, but continue onward with the questioning. How's thay different than arguing?

If he was just trying to shed light on the topic, I don't think he asks Kodak why he seems upset about it being brought up.

I can respect if someone disagrees with that opinion and am completely open to any other alternative could be offered up to possibly explain how ebro handled it, but thats jist where I, and I think everyone who is calling out ebro, sits.

Last edited:
I haven't heard anyone call try and make this push for Kodak/ NBA youngboy/ XXX to be deemed as corny or lame for their behavior... However there's a long list of rappers who have spoke out against the BS actions some of these dudes do.... And cats condemn their entire career/music/persona because of it. Somehow dudes can easily over look **** **** and enjoy a *****s music, but let someone speak out on it & suddenly they shouldn't have a job or shouldn't sell records.

I've seen PLENTY of dudes saying them guys should be cancelled because of they actions. There's plenty of men and women who want those guys dropped and never listened to again.

I'm sure you can go back and look when the violence was brought up the comments under those articles had to be full of people wanting his head. Maybe you not looking in the right spots. Every Datpiff post about 69 has comments on him and his underage case to this day. People ain't letting it go.

Now are there guys who do ignore this stuff? Of course, but I'd wager there's a significant amount that won't let it be forgotten

I literally saw people wishing death on Kanye for the Trump ****... but a ***** beat his chicks face in & somehow it's just "he needs to do better" and it's right back to normal. No boycotts, no i can't look at him the same, No Outrage.

also why are we acting as if Kodak & Ebro couldn't have a discussion about women abuse in hiphop w/o speaking directly on his case?

Y'all arguing about **** that's not even being said in here. Just leaping to your own conclusions.

Projecting, and false equivalence and conclusion jumping to stand on moral and rap generational backgrounds is how this always devolves. ***** just be making **** up outta thin air :lol:. Then it turns into “I find it funny”, “dudes these days” etc etc.

***** could say word for word...That they didn’t like Ebro’s approach on that line of questioning and him generally being corny...and also say that violence against women in society in a huge problem...and not excusing Kodak for what he may/may not have done and take him to task for it.

However in recent times a dude will literally get more hate for calling out the issue then the guy committing the crime. Dudes will literally not support a dude or try & Call him "corny" for speaking out against something, but will easily gloss over someones actions when they repeatedly do dumb ****.

I haven't heard anyone call try and make this push for Kodak/ NBA youngboy/ XXX to be deemed as corny or lame for their behavior... However there's a long list of rappers who have spoke out against the BS actions some of these dudes do.... And cats condemn their entire career/music/persona because of it. Somehow dudes can easily over look **** **** and enjoy a *****s music, but let someone speak out on it & suddenly they shouldn't have a job or shouldn't sell records.

Bro, you making **** up again :lol:.

Don’t try to act like this is some “new cat ****”
for the thousandth time. This is tiring. There’s a host of rappers we’ve said “that’s f’d up If it’s true”...but let’s hear it out...while simultaneously still listening to their music.

We have this very exact same convo in here quarterly :lol:.

I literally saw people wishing death on Kanye for the Trump ****... but a ***** beat his chicks face in & somehow it's just "he needs to do better" and it's right back to normal. No boycotts, no i can't look at him the same, No Outrage.

also why are we acting as if Kodak & Ebro couldn't have a discussion about women abuse in hiphop w/o speaking directly on his case?

Comments full of hate but no outrage

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/nba-yo...ng-girlfriend-prior-to-arrest-news.44579.html

the irony is Ebro was one of the main ones on Kanye head but then his homie Fab got in a situation and it wasn't even a "he needs to do better", just a whole bunch of "but what if's" :sick:

Where’s the outrage Ebro :sick:

Y’all gotta take track record into account since we want to speak about history.

This isn’t Ebro’s first time doing something like this clearly for attention. He’s corny, and people know he’s corny. That’s why he’s getting the hate he is now.

And that’s not to say that Kodak doesn’t deserve criticism. Ebro is just a cornball, and we knew that before this. We knew that he uses his platform to create moments by pressing and getting into arguments with younger artists.

That’s why I’m not touting Ebro as if the ***** just honestly wanted to bring light to an issue. You think Ebro cares about that girl? The ***** just wanted a moment.

I'm having a general discussion on hiphop culture and the **** that i peep overall, it's not only NT, i see it all over the place from real life to social media. People excuse bull**** left & right.

But dawg that's not hip hop culture, that's american culture. We got a president that's admitted he sexually assaults women and over half the white women in this country still voted for him. That Stanford swimmer that was caught raping a girl and the judge gave him a couple months saying "he doesn't wanna ruin his future over a mistake". Recently another white frat boy got off with raping and assaulting a women because the judge gave him a pass. This society as a whole is sh***y.

Yo was clearly trying to reach for a viral moment or rile Kodak up, thats all it is...How you gon say that you know somebody cant talk about something, still try to talk about it, convo tries to move on and you bring it back again when you aint even have to? Thats that clown **** :lol: :smh:

And nobody on here excused Kodak from anything from what Ive read about regarding that clip...If yall wanna have a deeper convo bout sexual assault sure, but this video aint really bout that

Back
Top Bottom