Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

And we know for a fact young white people listen to Cardi, Travis and 21. That's where they get all their slang from and whats "cool". White people consume a lot of black culture.

:lol: @ a pop singer named Benny Blanco.
hqdefault.jpg
First thought was 'homeboy better be Puerto Rican and from the Bronx.:rofl::stoneface:

Not a country expert by any means but I pressed play on that video and it dont sound like any country song I've ever heard in my life. Sounds like the trap/singing songs that are normally posted in here. If the creator tells you what genre it is and he's in then that needs to be respected regardless, eventually I can see a new chart for genereless songs being created

The funny thing about genres is it came from radio marketing segments (urban/r&b for black and rock and roll/pop for whites, etc.)

So quite literally they are saying ***** this is too black and urban for who we tryna sell this **** too.

Post Malone is currently charting on the Pop/Hip Hop Charts at the same time. Look at the other names on the hip hop list who aren’t charting on Pop.

348F6CDC-914A-401E-B002-38504EF2444E.png

AD6BB954-00CC-43B8-BCDF-CBD0983F1A5F.png

What makes Post Malone more of a Pop Star than Travi$ Scott? :nerd: :nerd:. Hell or even a country star. Both from Texas with similar images and sounds.

Post gets the placements tho.

What’s scary is slowly they tryna force us out of our own **** with the Matt ox’s and **** and if we can’t go to other genres then where they tryna put us?

Until most of them reach a point where they understand separating themselves from that is to their benefit.

A lot of young white people play both sides. Remember the video surfaced of that white Alabama fraternity singing a old frat song about hanging black people? I guarantee you them dudes love listening to hip hop.

Secondly, do you think their parents agree with them listening to hip hop?

I think this applied in the 90's that white parents didn't want their kids to listen to hip hop.

The young white people that listened to hip hop in the 90's are now parents. I use to live right across from a white dude in his 40's that was bumping Public Enemy and Ice Cube and his daughter was one of them cash me outside types. He ain't mind that she was listening to hip hop. Had lil _'s running in and out they house to but that's none of my bidness. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom