Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Speaking of PAC, Happy Gday to the late Tupac Shakur. May Allah have mercy on your soul.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

F90E7D56-51FB-4CAB-8C29-33D2EB12C518.jpeg

What are u talking about
His albums are on apple music
Has been for a few weeks

Only a couple are on Apple Music. None in Spotify and none on YouTube. Jay literally took down like 98% of his songs off YouTube lol.

TBH the younger dudes I work with now and in the past, don't listen to him at all. Its happening. :smh::smh:

Sad, but Jay making it worse by limiting access to his music. Like Kanye said “let the kids have the music!”

A better example for what you’re trying to say is video games. Like others have said, people do complain and if it isn’t as vocal that’s probably because most films are firmly rooted in fiction (secret agent type ****) or a story where it’s easy to see who’s bad and good. I can’t rememver a movie where the protagonist ur supposed to root for is bigoted or a rapist or something. It’s fantasy from the jump while music is different...dude who’s rapping to you was really on that at one time or so he makes you believe which is a whole nother problem...

Video games where you sit for hours being borderline racist and shoot **** up are as influential to “non urban” culture as Youngboy and whoever are as influential to urban culture and every week there’s a school shooting.

capitalism ****ed us up by not allowing us to see where we are actually really going as long as we are making a dollar in the current term...

All that **** is very very bad for an impressionable kid and it only gets worse with each expansion of media capabilities each generation since the starting point of the 80’s has had...

But sole responsibility isn’t on music or video games Or movies. *****s minds are ****ed for a lot of reasons
A better example for what you’re trying to say is video games. Like others have said, people do complain and if it isn’t as vocal that’s probably because most films are firmly rooted in fiction (secret agent type ****) or a story where it’s easy to see who’s bad and good. I can’t rememver a movie where the protagonist ur supposed to root for is bigoted or a rapist or something. It’s fantasy from the jump while music is different...dude who’s rapping to you was really on that at one time or so he makes you believe which is a whole nother problem...

Video games where you sit for hours being borderline racist and shoot **** up are as influential to “non urban” culture as Youngboy and whoever are as influential to urban culture and every week there’s a school shooting.

capitalism ****ed us up by not allowing us to see where we are actually really going as long as we are making a dollar in the current term...

All that **** is very very bad for an impressionable kid and it only gets worse with each expansion of media capabilities each generation since the starting point of the 80’s has had...

But sole responsibility isn’t on music or video games Or movies. *****s minds are ****ed for a lot of reasons
Look man
watching violent movies
Listening to violence in music
And playing violent video games
Ain’t never made me want to do anything violent
Folks who use that as an excuse
Get on my nerves
And have no backbone
To accept responsibility for themselves
Or their failure as a parent

Look man
watching violent movies
Listening to violence in music
And playing violent video games
Ain’t never made me want to do anything violent
Folks who use that as an excuse
Get on my nerves
And have no backbone
To accept responsibility for themselves
Or their failure as a parent

If anything, it did the OPPOSITE. Made me not want to be violent at all.

They never talk about the opposite affect

Back
Top Bottom