Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

How does Jeezy have the Illmatic of trap?

Illmatic, so they say, ushered in artists working with more than one producer on a project. Ushered in lyricism like never seen before

What did TM101 do in comparison to be labeled as the Illmatic of trap? It being a masterpiece? If so, I don't think you could make that comparison. I don't even think it's consensus that TM101 is a classic, although I have it as one.

TM101 a classic. No debate

Illmatic, so they say, ushered in artists working with more than one producer on a project. Ushered in lyricism like never seen before

What did TM101 do in comparison to be labeled as the Illmatic of trap? It being a masterpiece? If so, I don't think you could make that comparison. I don't even think it's consensus that TM101 is a classic, although I have it as one.

I wasn't making a direct comparison to Illmatic

but IMO Jeezy was the one who ushered in the Blueprint for Traditional Rap music on a worldwide scale. Like i've stated earlier i give T.I the props for coining the term but his music aestethic is way different from a Jeezy, Gucci, Gotti

but from the Simplistic rhyme schemes that's focused specifically on drug talk, to the lingo, to the structure of the production, and the strategic overuse of adlibs. I'm not saying Jeezy absolutely created all of these things, or there weren't others out using these elements.

But he's the one who put married all those aspects together perfectly, and introduced it to the world. That project put the Sun on trap music as a genre, and brought it to the forefront of rap for the first time.

Gucci in his wildest dreams couldn't make a project like the Recession.

And while T.I was absolutely pioneered the Name trap rap.

All the heavy elements of Trap that took off Jeezy brought to the game in the streets & mainstream. that particular style of the beats mixed in with that Lingo, the adlibs, etc etc was heavily influenced by Jeezy. The EYES were put on that style of rap on a worldwide scale because of Jeezy.

Trap Muzik was a fire album but just going through the elements of that album it wasn't definitive of the trap sound that developed nor was his style of rapping. Tip was out here doing all kinds of ridiculous flows and inputting heavy lyricism into the music.

Tip's 24's, Be Easy and Dopeboys in the trap had a lot to do with the trap sound. Look up Jeezy's stuff from his early days. He was doing Trick Daddy style.

I think it’s the sound of it more than anything. Shawty Redd was really in his bag on there

trynafeelmink trynafeelmink rock with Jeezy mostly off character...and him having the Hov cosign :lol:. *****s Like Wop used to be looked down upon. True underdog. Jeezy & Tip always been mostly “accepted”. More traditional. Less experimental. Backed by Def Jam/Bad Boy/Atlantic. Wop out the mud with Big Cat records and **** :lol:. But Jeezy a legend. He a pioneer.

But when it comes to totality...on Trap music...and the Trap God...it’s nun other than Radric Davis :pimp:

This raw. Uncut.

Wop dissed Jeezy, Tip & Hov...and Won. Legend :pimp:.

I knew wavy was gonna come in with that dusty *** Gucci Diss record

***** been treating him like the boogie man for years for doing the same thing soulja boy did :lol:, can't be the GOAT of trap rap when you moved like a derelict for an entire Decade.

Boss Music vs corner boy ****

We talking about TRAP music tho my _, the whole backbone is corner boy **** really

The boss **** is tight and hella motivational but not many _'s really and truly relating on that level, _'s in hoods all across the US can relate to corner boy/trap tales tho cause thats the real everyday reality for a lot of _'s

Its like the difference between Tony Montana and Curtis Snow (not that Jeezy didn't have his fair share of raw **** too)

Honestly tho it make 100% since that NYCers would **** w Jeezy so heavy cause his commercial **** was basically Southern Mafioso Rap over hard beats and his accent not as accentuated. Overall him and TIP just came in a lot more traditional

Thats a lil bit different than eccentric country *** sounding _'s rapping "mumble" **** over weird *** Zaytoven type beats :lol:

Gucci getting released from the feds three years ago was like a holiday in Atlanta. Think homie got freed on a Thursday. The radio and the clubs were talking about Gucci’s official release party. Everywhere was packed and dude didn’t get cleared to make appearances until some weeks later. :lol:

Last edited:
who had the bigger movement in atlanta..ti in 03, jeezy in 05, or gucci in 08/09
That Jeezy run was serious in Highschool but...Gucci run was DIFFERENT...folks was waiting on every mixtape/record/jail release etc..They could do a Top 50 list of how many people Gucci helped put on if we bein real..

Can never forget Gucci going to Macon in front of a bunch of opps performing a song about killing one of they people :sick::sick::pimp:

We talking about TRAP music tho my _, the whole backbone is corner boy **** really

The boss **** is tight and hella motivational but not many _'s really and truly relating on that level, _'s in hoods all across the US can relate to corner boy/trap tales tho cause thats the real everyday reality for a lot of _'s

Its like the difference between Tony Montana and Curtis Snow (not that Jeezy didn't have his fair share of raw **** too)

Honestly tho it make 100% since that NYCers would **** w Jeezy so heavy cause his commercial **** was basically Southern Mafioso Rap over hard beats and his accent not as accentuated. Overall him and TIP just came in a lot more traditional

Thats a lil bit different than eccentric country *** sounding _'s rapping "mumble" **** over weird *** Zaytoven type beats :lol:

Precisely. 100% all this.

Jeezy had the bigger run.

Two different major labels and had everyone wearing the ugliest snowman I’ve ever seen.

I noticed NY dudes really ain't up on Gucci like that.

Jeezy has a presence up in NY early on. From kicking it with Fab and the allure he had from running with Meech, NY cats were on him early.

Makes sense to me why the dudes who live there still rock with him heavy to this day. I’d probably still be the same way if I weren’t down south and seeing the impact Gucci had on the scene. I seen ****** (yes, multiple ******) in my day rapping the OG First Day Out with their eyes closed like they were singing gospel at Sunday service. Wop just different.

Back
Top Bottom