Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Damn Monkey Suit Dennis called his own son a fraud eh? :lol:

I don’t think bruh realized the optics of what he was saying, Drake saw that **** and instantly responded :lol: :smh:

F9764AB3-B0F1-42A5-AD7F-AD49EAD014CB.jpeg

Last edited:
didn't his dad say this same thing last year, could've sworn I've read this story before
Drake seems like the most disingenuous person around so I don't put it past him

didn't his dad say this same thing last year, could've sworn I've read this story before
Drake seems like the most disingenuous person around so I don't put it past him

Yeah he’s spoke on it a few times as far as his lyrics not being an accurate depiction of their relationship

This is the first time he’s said Drake admitted to putting the extras on to sell records tho :lol:

the fact gucci even made his list is legendary..then on top of that he put him over his own *****..ti a real *****..i told yall gucci is the trap goat this just solidified it

Only Drake and his family know the truth about the relationship with his pop's but with Drake's history we know he's basically a pandering politician. He wants to be liked and accepted by everybody. He'll cover up and hide anything that might hurt his image to one side. Hiding ghostwriters, hiding a whole child and stripper baby mom's. He tip toes around saying anything of substance. Won't do interviews unless it's some UK or *** kissing folks. His credibility ain't good at all.

I don't get why people get so worked up over these lists.

It's like asking a white man who he voted for. "No I hate lists!!". :lol:

I wouldn't know what people were saying 30 years ago :lol:. I just think some of these songs are only decent if you've never heard the original. I lived thru the whole r &b era, Brandy and Monica and all that. But when 'oh boy' dropped that **** was FLAMES. It wasn't a remake of I'm going down, it was a brand new track. Listening to music is almost like muscle memory and if you stick too close to the original I can't unhear it enough to appreciate the new song. A different example would be what j Cole did on that Bryson tiller track. That **** was trash AF :lol:. He actually made a different song but the tiller joint was just infinitely better and didn't need to be messed with especially so soon after it dropped. That's not a knock on Cole, just talking about how samples/covers can be delicate in that way
Actually Cole is another dude guilty of that.

I've heard him rap over some Erykah Badu song, a Timbo beat that didnt have much difference from the original while other times it was just him using the same sample

Actually Cole is another dude guilty of that.

I've heard him rap over some Erykah Badu song, a Timbo beat that didnt have much difference from the original while other times it was just him using the same sample

But Cole Version FYE tho :pimp:

Top 5 project of the 2010s rightchea

Back
Top Bottom