Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Roddy dope.

Even he already got a few sons out here lol

The lack of originality really is at an all time high. Everybody sounds the same regardless of locale.

Thug gets a lot of the credit because he took the auto tune to a different level but he just piggybacked off his idol Wayne.

Its ripe for new rappers to come in and be on their own wave.

Yeah, I saw how thug was getting the credit for birthing these cats, but we know who birthed him.

That said I think there is a clear distinction that these newer cats are trying to be like thug, not like wayne.

Roddy to me....is more Lil Durk/A Boogie/Polo G than Thug/Future. All tho...he leaned into the thug/Future annunciations and some pitches/flows from each of them. But that’s like one part of them as artists. What makes them great is they can do a number of things/styles. I think me being familiar with artists in this lane...helps me hear the distinctions. The influences are clear. But I think what makes Roddy dope is he’s talented on his own...and has his own thing moving.

Roddy to me....is more Lil Durk/A Boogie/Polo G than Thug/Future. All tho...he leaned into the thug/Future annunciations and some pitches/flows from each of them. But that’s like one part of them as artists. What makes them great is they can do a number of things/styles. I think me being familiar with artists in this lane...helps me hear the distinctions. The influences are clear. But I think what makes Roddy dope is he’s talented on his own...and has his own thing moving.

giphy.gif

People have acknowledged it, but it’s mostly a lane full of trash. All these dudes are squealing and crying over tracks with slight hint of auto tune (when they clearly sound better not doing any of that). If what you influenced leads to mostly garbage, it really shouldn’t count, it should be a stain.
It’s a lane I would like to see caused down forever

giphy.gif

First time I heard Roddy was on Meek album and he straight up bit Future cadence from King’s dead but he definitely got his own sound and he’s versatile with it. He can go from an Out the Mud (his hardest song) to a high fashion or ballin seamlessly

I was only slightly behind Roddy til I saw them live vids with the instrumentation. then I was all in.

I kept skipping PETA til yesterday, that joint is fire lol

Song is just ok.

Meek be annoying me with his generic features he hands out to *****s he messes with :smh: :lol:. He really be phoning it in on joints like these. YBS Skola got like 5 Meek features that sound exactly like PETA.

Same formula from Meek....

Back
Top Bottom