Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

On god i didn't here the song until about a month or two ago, If your not in a club or listening to the radio it's very easy to not hear a song. I don't think the people Joe hang with are throwing gucci gang on the aux :lol:

Haven't been in a club or touched a radio in years...and I've heard the song. You've heard the song.

Once a song reaches a certain height...it's kind of hard to avoid.

SZW-A396.png

singing-in-car-group.jpg

:rofl: :rofl:

And Jeezy is a terrible A&R dude just like Game is.

How come? It was an interesting topic and I know Jeezy will be tweeting or some **** because I know he's gonna be hurt about it BUT Jeezy is kinda cold. His music ain't what it was, he kinda lost his sound and been out of it. After reading that Gucci book, I didn't know how involved he was with all these trash rappers that are popular today. I remember hearing them on his mixtapes and skipping those songs thinking why in the **** are you making music with this trash.

I'll check the Jeezy album though, I liked one of the two songs he released a few weeks ago.

I don't understand the segment of No Limit and Plain Jaine. They're shocked that two songs that sample a Three 6 song sounded alike? Why wouldn't they sound alike if they have the same sample?

Out the gate...

AK confused “Church in these streets” with “Trap or Die” 3. “Church in the streets” was Jeezy’s “mature” Album from over 2 years ago. Trap or Die 3 was Jeezy’s return to the trap....and the lead single was this banger featuring Bankroll Fresh

Trap or Die 3 did about 90k first week...which was good for Jeezy. However, Jeezy is cold....and a lot of it has to do with him falling back and him not having the relationships with the Youngins in Atlanta that Gucci has. Even Bankroll Fresh Who was on Jeezy lead single comes from Gucci tree. Jeezy been trying to gain standing with the A Idek what Joe was talking about Jeezy wasting time with some producer. He couldn’t be talking about Shawty Redd...cuz they made magic together. To Jeezy credit....he still has YG up under him. But while Jeezy was running all through the west and Midwest...Gucci was building relationships with producers and artists that dominate the game today.

Jeezy just playing catch-up now...and he doesn’t need to do that. Making joints like “All there” was the right direction. He just couldn’t sustain it...

If none of the streaming companies are turning a profit...what the hell is the point?

How is that the future if it isn't making any money?

Joe lies. lol Only trash rapper he likes is Post Malone for some reason.

Jeezy's music been lacking for years. Trap or Die 2 was his last good project. Gucci is looked at as a exec cuz he has put a lot people on and has a proven eye and ear for whats next. Jeezy not so much.

i think Jeezy has made it very clear that he just ain't the friendliest of ****** :lol:. Based simply off the artist Jeezy has cosigned it seems like he prefers rappers who are real rather then basing it strictly off of music skill. Gucci is willing to work with whoever & that obviously is helping prolong his run in current rap.

BTW Joe was def talking about that period with Lil Lodi, & although he still managed to make heat during that period Jeezy kept trying tp push Lodi & he just wasn't that good. Personally Jeezy needs to keep what he's been doing over the last two projects, keep growing as an artist & speaking real grown ***** ****. I would love to hear him on production similar to the recession again.

Serious question

What metric do y’all go by to determine who’s running rap? Sales, charts, streets, skill etc

I think it could be a combo of all these but when _’s talking about who had rap in 2017 and a general year end Spotify chart gets posted it just look dumb. Those list just take the cumulative streams the artist had that year without any consideration for what year the music dropped.

You think Rihanna being the most streamed female on Spotify is based off of what she actually did in 2017 when she hasn't dropped any singles in over a year and hasn't had a project in damn near 2? :lol: :smh:

Joe lies. lol Only trash rapper he likes is Post Malone for some reason.

Jeezy's music been lacking for years. Trap or Die 2 was his last good project. Gucci is looked at as a exec cuz he has put a lot people on and has a proven eye and ear for whats next. Jeezy not so much.

So Gucci is looked at as a good talent scout, okay but to say he's looked at as an exec & Gucci isn't is ridiculous comment from him considering Jeezy fell back from music to do executive **** :lol:.

- I've never heard Gucci Gang

- Jeezy is pretty cold. I've seen plenty of people in the Jeezy threads kill him. I bought Church in the Streets, thought it was fire. I didn't like Trap or Die 3 and I hated Seen It All. He's dropped "singles" over the years and they didn't do ****. Just dropped two songs and they got ZERO love.

- The stream thing was weird because there was an article not that long ago about Streaming companies making millions a day so I don't know if Nebraska misread it or what happened but there's confusion there.

I heard Gucci Gang and then tried to unhear it

Jeezy isn't active enough for today's rap climate.

He needs to be like Fab, instead he's more like Kanye and Jay and he's not in that stratosphere.

So Gucci is looked at as a good talent scout, okay but to say he's looked at as an exec & Gucci isn't is ridiculous comment from him considering Jeezy fell back from music to do executive **** :lol:.

Jeezy did not fall back from music to do "executive" **** my _, you will say anything to discredit Gucci :lol:

Jeezy did not fall back from music to do "executive" **** my _, you will say anything to discredit Gucci :lol:

Jesus christ my ***** nobody talkin down on your sacred saint of the trap... but in no world is Jeezy looked at as an "artist" & gucci is looked at as an "exec". that's a completely false narrative.

He needs to be like Fab, instead he's more like Kanye and Jay and he's not in that stratosphere.

Best way to describe it.
I'd say more like 2 Chainz, find his niche make yourself at home. If he's decent in his business management he could do a reality show/YT show ting

Even though his quality has dropped Jeezy still got a strong fan base that buys his records. With no big single Trap Or Die 3 did like 90k first week.

What separates him and Gucci is Gucci got that ear. His kids got kids in the rap game. While CTE never popped off. YG was YG w/o Jeezy. Jeezy was a exec but what did he actually do?

I heard Gucci Gang and then tried to unhear it

Jeezy is active enough tho, he releases at leats a project yearly, does several remixes & guest verses & has been doing it for 10+ years. Guys who already created the longevity in rap really shouldn't be as active, they've already did that work. Ain't no point in trying to be the "hottest" in the game. Just focus on the music & give your core the best project you can.

Also why do we at fans never accept that artist are completely fine with their current positions? We all do it & say rapper A could be so much bigger, or they could do X,Y,Z to get a bigger buzz.... sometimes we just gotta realize that every artist isn't trying to be the hottest in rap any more

Also why do we at fans never accept that artist are completely fine with their current positions? We all do it & say rapper A could be so much bigger, or they could do X,Y,Z to get a bigger buzz.... sometimes we just gotta realize that every artist isn't trying to be the hottest in rap any more

As fans we want our fav artists to be doing the best they can do. Just like if you got a homie who could be a manager sittin' comfy as a entry level associate. You see the potential and opportunities for "growth" or "doing better for themselves" and you want them to want what you want for themselves.

I feel like sometimes those artists are out of touch with the “streets”, they busy building a brand to appeal to a contemporary crowd...by the time they circle back to their core, **** is unnatural

Jay couldn’t have kept making Reasonable Doubt and still get all those endorsements

As fans we want our fav artists to be doing the best they can do. Just like if you got a homie who could be a manager sittin' comfy as a entry level associate. You see the potential and opportunities for "growth" or "doing better for themselves" and you want them to want what you want for themselves.

I don't think we should judge art under those same parameters.

Success is subjective in general...but even moreso in artistic fields.

Also I think with rap music specifically...we're sort of hardwired to believe in the idea of the "rap superstar" and that everyone MUST attain that status and remain there. In other genres...you can have a band that was hot in the 90s that can tour and sell out venues for the rest of their lives...without them being considered "relevant" to the masses.

Back
Top Bottom