Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

1. Nah ppl use to witch hunt, white ppl use to get ready for the evening lynching like it was concert, sinnead o’ conor lost her career when she denounced the Catholic Church for its pedo **** due to mob mentality. Ppl work desk jobs and place value on things like engagement rings b/c of group thinking. Group thinking is simply the human way.

Now back to hip hop, it’s always had this strange balance of unity and division from day 1. That division is usually hidden in “competition” Kendrick literally said “
I got love for you all but I'm tryna murder you ******
Tryna make sure your core fans never heard of you ******
They don't wanna hear not one more noun or verb from you ******”
Ppl praised it and it always rubbed me the wrong way. And I would honestly smack the **** out of someone who came for my livelihood that claimed to have “love” for me.

2. Same ****, better microscope.

you arguing points I didn’t make while basically agreeing with me. I disagree with you saying rap at its foundation is close to damn who came before. group thinking is def the human way but if you think social media influence doesn’t further push that issue, I don’t know what to tell you lol

social media has even made it worse IMO because there’s now an emotional currency attached. likes = dopamine and you know how mf get over them quick dope shots.

I think it's because too many don't have fathers or male authority figures and rebel against other black men.

For some reason people see it as competition, and you have to be Jay-Z to give advice.

I was watching Antonio Brown on Breakfast Club, and he downplayed TO. Like he's broke what the f*ck can he tell me. That's even more reason to listen. Because his reputation also ruined his football career, besides having money issues, he could have had several more seasons. But teams thought he was a cancer, and it's also why he had to wait for the hall of fame.

These is EXCUSES. Nobody holds people accountable. A lot of cats devote more time to BS and unproductive stuff rather than owning up. Them excuses just put u in a deeper hole

Anyone had this in 2005/2006 besides me???? My mom paid a GRIP for it. I think from Circuit city. Nike x philips CD player. Couldn’t tell me s***! (Not my pic, btw)

2933C4BF-79D2-48AF-B04F-062FFD1B7203.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom