Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Skillz can rap for real and I'm not mad at him. I thought it was wack at first when he took it but he delivered and I couldn't be mad. His joints were mad offensive and raw, Skillz was a little softer but both of their versions are dope every year, I just prefer the raw cut but Skillz is definitely the better rapper.

Skillz is so nice too, geeeez

there needs to be a 30-90 day producer strike but it will never happen people are too thirsty.

people not selling beats for 30-90 days or some type of union being set up to where everyone gets a minimum fee and royalty/pub percentage would change the industry forever. too many ****** willing to sell beats for $20 bucks though. i know im not the only one in here who makes beats

it’s just like the movie industry

in most of the movies people call classic the actors were making $500 and **** like that

ice t got something like that for new jack city

sometimes you just gotta get the name out but labels outright lying to producers is different

a lot of the newcomers get star struck and put the business aspect on the backburner until their buzz dies off a bit, or if they started buying up **** they couldnt afford

I’d say a producer *should* have a set of beats they’re willing to part with for no profit, in hopes of getting their name out. What they do with it once they’re on is on them

in most of the movies people call classic the actors were making $500 and **** like that

sometimes you just gotta get the name out but labels outright lying to producers is different

i dont see whats so hard about breaking newcomers off with a stack or two advance and giving them whats rightfully theirs with mechanicals/publishing on the back end over time once the album recoups.

even for independent acts that arent even dealing with a label...its so dumbfounding to me that ****** dont understand that the right song will do so much for your brand and booking rate, yet producers dont deserve a rack, even a couple hundred bucks? yet you spend that every two weeks in weed alone...not to mention the other rapper toys like chains, clothes, sneakers....vagina....these ****** be greedy.

Two producers having to split a stack for a song that was big as Shabba is wild. I don't know what it did chart wise/sales wise but damn that's crazy.

the sales/chart performance dont even matter because they didnt even sniff that smh.

that song was a hit tho and along with work, made fergs career.

a lot of the newcomers get star struck and put the business aspect on the backburner until their buzz dies off a bit, or if they started buying up **** they couldnt afford

I’d say a producer *should* have a set of beats they’re willing to part with for no profit, in hopes of getting their name out. What they do with it once they’re on is on them

getting no up front money is one thing and definitely situational if its a new artist with potential that is probably going to be mutually beneficial for both of yalls brands...however these ****** want to not pay you no up front money AND cut you out of the little back end money on top of that.

This is a good comparison.

I always wonder about this because we've seen mad "mixtapes" and "digital releases" increased over the last 4-5 years. I was curious how producers were getting paid for them. That sucks to make so little off Shabba.

It's cool to laugh at possible jail time now? Assuming his clown *** not trolling.

i dont see whats so hard about breaking newcomers off with a stack or two advance and giving them whats rightfully theirs with mechanicals/publishing on the back end over time once the album recoups.

even for independent acts that arent even dealing with a label...its so dumbfounding to me that *****s dont understand that the right song will do so much for your brand and booking rate, yet producers dont deserve a rack, even a couple hundred bucks? yet you spend that every two weeks in weed alone...not to mention the other rapper toys like chains, clothes, sneakers....vagina....these *****s be greedy.

the harvey weinstein effect, a lot of em come in without any paperwork and come in starving

take this d**k or take the door

Back
Top Bottom