Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Ain’t even peep.

Trapsoul was like an audio sex stimulant for woman, in 2016 :lol:

Tiller set the mood with that. Thank you sir 🤝 . Feel like he really just stumbled into that being what it was, and couldn’t really follow it up lol.
Yo used up all his VC on that project...If you ain’t really built like that with the talent, only downhill from there

Pouring one out for my guys

RIP Animal

CavernousFluidAmurratsnake-max-1mb.gif

200w.gif

7W26.gif

tumblr_n64mk52f3c1r89qoso1_500.gif

Last edited:
I'm not sure what's up with Lupe's hate of dude

I honestly don't think Lupe hates him at all, he just thinks he's overrated in terms of being a lyricist. which depending on how you look at lyricism Lupe may be right, Kendrick my favorite new artist of the past decade but in terms of wordplay, entendres, punchlines etc etc there are guys better than him, and that's all lupe has been saying this entire time.

I honestly don't think Lupe hates him at all, he just thinks he's overrated in terms of being a lyricist. which depending on how you look at lyricism Lupe may be right, Kendrick my favorite new artist of the past decade but in terms of wordplay, entendres, punchlines etc etc there are guys better than him, and that's all lupe has been saying this entire time.

Yuuuuup....

However, I think there is some sort of natural resentment, as far as acclaim, longevity and creative room that Kendrick was afforded from Lupe. And the timing and opportunity is probably where it stems from. Cuz their skill sets are similar.

There’s a basketball parallel here, ie - expanding your game/freedom of movement etc.

Yuuuuup....

However, I think there is some sort of natural resentment, as far as acclaim, longevity and creative room that Kendrick was afforded from Lupe. And the timing and opportunity is probably where it stems from. Cuz their skill sets are similar.

There’s a basketball parallel here, ie - expanding your game/freedom of movement etc.

I could see that, Although i blame all of Lupe's mainstream failure solely on Atlantic. Lupe came out the gates on fire doing what he does, was respected by the blogs/underground but could still make mainstream **** & the streets ****ed with him too.

Then Atlantic decided they wanted him to be a pop star & ****ed all the momentum up

I could see that, Although i blame all of Lupe's mainstream failure solely on Atlantic. Lupe came out the gates on fire doing what he does, was respected by the blogs/underground but could still make mainstream **** & the streets ****ed with him too.

Then Atlantic decided they wanted him to be a pop star & ****ed all the momentum up

I walked back through Lupe and Atlantic a couple of months ago, because I forgot some of the details.

Atlantic leaked his first album, because they didn't believe in it.

Even when he sold and developed a fanbase, they didn't believe in him.

They forced singles on him and threatened him.

They had a crazy relationship. I think that's why him and Joe are cool.

Yuuuuup....

I notice he mentions Section 80, but not the other albums.

I just find it odd how he downplays him and says well he's not Royce, Black Thought or Jay. Knowing damn well he would feel a way if someone said that about him.

That's like telling Giannis, you're pretty good, but you're not Lebron or KD. I guess it was better than Lebron's passive aggressive whining about MVP.

I have no problem with you giving your opinions, as long as you can take it.

I notice he mentions Section 80, but not the other albums.

I just find it odd how he downplays him and says well he's not Royce, Black Thought or Jay. Knowing damn well he would feel a way if someone said that about him.

That's like telling Giannis, you're pretty good, but you're not Lebron or KD. I guess it was better than Lebron's passive aggressive whining about MVP.

I have no problem with you giving your opinions, as long as you can take it.
I honestly think it’s fair. Lupe is in tha realm with dudes like Royce and Black Thought. I don’t think I can say that for Kendrick. I love Kendrick, but his **** isn’t very complex, normally.

People tend to lump lyricism all under one umbrella. Jay and Hov, considered to be two of the best lyricists are two different kinds of lyricists.

Back
Top Bottom