Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Yuuuuup....

However, I think there is some sort of natural resentment, as far as acclaim, longevity and creative room that Kendrick was afforded from Lupe. And the timing and opportunity is probably where it stems from. Cuz their skill sets are similar.

There’s a basketball parallel here, ie - expanding your game/freedom of movement etc.

This and the quoted post before all facts.

it’s really hard to think of a more under appreciated rapper than Lupe given his what looks like endless pen ability

This and the quoted post before all facts.

it’s really hard to think of a more under appreciated rapper than Lupe given his what looks like endless pen ability

That Atlantic situation/Lasers album killed his momentum.

I remember going to the tour he did before that and he had a live band and was playing what was supposed to be Lasers and it was straight heat. Album dropped and none of those songs were on their

Tory was the Illuminati sacrifice

120058312_1224105854639581_8914576218744012010_o.jpg
Imagine being stupid enough to shoot one of the most famous people on the planet.

That Atlantic situation/Lasers album killed his momentum.

I remember going to the tour he did before that and he had a live band and was playing what was supposed to be Lasers and it was straight heat. Album dropped and none of those songs were on their

I remember there was a totally different Lasers and like 10 years ago the old Kanye forum at the time started the snowball of a group of people that called/left messages and boycotted outside Atlantic for them to drop that album. Lyor nem got the last laugh tho bc it was a super mainstream watered down version of the leaks :lol:

The way Lyor manuevered that girl "Don't You Want It Real Good?" knowing he was forcing Lupe to change it around :lol: Dude is wild :rofl: I can imagine him talking condescending like that to artists all the time.

Lupe’s label beef was pretty crazy. Not a lot have had those kind of issues.

Lasers had some joints. It’s wild he was able to make good commercial music.

Atlantic was such a terrible label.

and you're happy to get a deal, just to deal with some bull**** :smh:

Back
Top Bottom