Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

What’s the link?Says it’s unavailable.

Eric Trump photoshopped Trump Hats on Ice Cube and 50 :lol:

2839F80E-9619-4400-B07E-3BC737F102A3.jpeg

Okay this Screwed and Chopped is fitting for this song....NICE!

They did a good job with this one.

Young Thug sounds so weird Screwed :lol:

Last edited:
Benny & Thought in the same day, AND they delivered. Amazing. Every lane in rap is great right now.

Can’t believe Cube didn’t see the play :smh:
I keep seeing folks question Cube's foresight in this. I dont think he lacked the foresight to see the G.O.P. would try to use their meeting as an endorsement. I just think he didnt give a ****. You tend to do that when the goal is to get **** done...**** optics.

Plus, the man is still alive to explain himself. Everyone talking at him saying "you should have seen this coming, this how they do, blablahblah" instead of talking to him to see how he feels and what his plan is moving forward.

Folks just gotta be right. They care about that more than they care about anything else.

I keep seeing folks question Cube's foresight in this. I dont think he lacked the foresight to see the G.O.P. would try to use their meeting as an endorsement. I just think he didnt give a ****. You tend to do that when the goal is to get **** done...**** optics.

Plus, the man is still alive to explain himself. Everyone talking at him saying "you should have seen this coming, this how they do, blablahblah" instead of talking to him to see how he feels and what his plan is moving forward.

Folks just gotta be right. They care about that more than they care about anything else.
Well that’s the thing, anything in Cube’s plan or anyone else’s plan for black people is DOA as long as we have a republican majority senate led by Mitch McConnell. So there is quite literally nothing to get “done” until some of these people lose their seats.

They’re not talking to you in good faith. They just want it to appear that way so you either have a second thought before voting blue or better yet you’re so disillusioned by both parties that you skip the election altogether, which would be a W for them.

Well that’s the thing, anything in Cube’s plan or anyone else’s plan for black people is DOA as long as we have a republican majority senate led by Mitch McConnell. So there is quite literally nothing to get “done” until some of these people lose their seats.

They’re not talking to you in good faith. They just want it to appear that way so you either have a second thought before voting blue or better yet you’re so disillusioned by both parties that you skip the election altogether, which would be a W for them.

This is the simple REALITY.

I dont think he lacked the foresight to see the G.O.P. would try to use their meeting as an endorsement. I just think he didnt give a ****.

Agreed.

Who's really getting played here? Ice Cube or the people who don't understand what really took place?

Virtually EVERY media outlet is running with the headline(s):

"Ice Cube works with Trump"
"Ice Cube endorses Trump"
"Ice Cube asks blacks to hold their votes hostage"

and that's what it seems like most people are reacting to. when in reality...none of those things took place. he took a bipartisan approach to getting some **** done in a heavily polarized political climate. The end.

Sure we can point out how the "bad guys" are playing this as an endorsement...but the last time I checked Trump don't run CBS, Comcast, Time Warner, etc...so who's REALLY in control of how this is being spinned? How come nobody from the "good guys" have come to his aid to point this out? The ***** being left out there to fend for himself.

Can't keep saying "he should have known better". How come we aren't asking ourselves why are PEOPLE allowing themselves to be played like this?

Agreed.

Who's really getting played here? Ice Cube or the people who don't understand what really took place?

Virtually EVERY media outlet is running with the headline(s):

"Ice Cube works with Trump"
"Ice Cube endorses Trump"
"Ice Cube asks blacks to hold their votes hostage"

and that's what it seems like most people are reacting to. when in reality...none of those things took place. he took a bipartisan approach to getting some **** done in a heavily polarized political climate. The end.

Sure we can point out how the "bad guys" are playing this as an endorsement...but the last time I checked Trump don't run CBS, Comcast, Time Warner, etc...so who's REALLY in control of how this is being spinned? How come nobody from the "good guys" have come to his aid to point this out? The ***** being left out there to fend for himself.

Can't keep saying "he should have known better". How come we aren't asking ourselves why are PEOPLE allowing themselves to be played like this?
Points to a larger issue of people being idiots, I agree.

A lot of people desire “likes” more than actual change. Change is radical, and it comes with stages of discomfort. It says a lot that the same people who brushed him off, made time for Cardi B 😂 . Cube expected people to throw those “c0on” arrows at him. He’s been peeping game for decades now. Classic divide and conquer. The easily swayed minds will play right into all this media hype.

Back
Top Bottom