Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

We can just go to the thread on this site :lol:. It was most definitely a thing. And the Kanye/good music plug at the time, had y’all *****s saying desiigner could actually spit, on some technical level. Hilarious to watch in real time.

keep it real with ya self. Mr. Old English was a fire mixtape.

YB, Baby & Kodak. Rap prodigies. Next :pimp:

Ya;ll be taking opinions from one person and trying to pass it off as the sentiment of NYC :lol: , I could have told you designer wasn't gonna go far because the push from the city wasn't there. this is kind of the downfall of the city in some way, we don't care if your the hottest thing out if your not embraced in your just not.

when the city ****s with you it's easy to tell, A Boogie, Cardi, French, Shmurdas, Pop Smoke .... Just had a run where the feeling was different outside, it was genuine support & love for the record & the artist, Desiigner never had that & it wasn't gonna happen when Future is at the apex of his run.

We can just go to the thread on this site :lol:. It was most definitely a thing. And the Kanye/good music plug at the time, had y’all *****s saying desiigner could actually spit, on some technical level. Hilarious to watch in real time.

keep it real with ya self. Mr. Old English was a fire mixtape.

YB, Baby & Kodak. Rap prodigies. Next :pimp:
Your sick in the head.

Hater extraordinaire

I ain't never seen a ***** make up situations or scenarios to validate hatred

Seek help

Do yall even know what Whoopty is?

Y'all know NOTHING about gang politics in NYC

Don't know about the Hounds

Don't know how much of the drug trade and neighborhoods across NYC the Brims have on lock

CJ song popped because that ***** and his hood among other hoods WILL get indicted

Hip hop police and the machine is real

But again keep crying

Omg omg this song stinks why is it getting spinz!!!

Truth is NY got a lot of mainstream acts right now. A Boogie, Cardi, MA, East, Pop (RIP), French, Saint Jhn, Griselda, Jimmy, etc. The city is in a good place because there are top acts and there's still crazy young talent still coming up. Same as other cities. Mainstream acts and cats on the come up. NY will always catch slander because it's NY and downplaying NY is always the thing to do for people not from NY.

I wasn't on the Desiigner wave (I hated that Panda grew on me), but everyone thought Timmy Turner was gonna be hard. Then the actual song dropped and dude got laughed out the room for fumbling. :lol:

Edit: And truth be told, Desiigner had a song or two post Panda and Timmy Turner that weren't bad, but by then it was too late.

Y’all boys should find some cameras and argue bout this **** on camera :lol:

that’s an interesting point about the hip hop police and certain acts popping making it easier to indict ****** kingfoamnyc kingfoamnyc

Truth is NY got a lot of mainstream acts right now. A Boogie, Cardi, MA, East, Pop (RIP), French, Saint Jhn, Griselda, Jimmy, etc. The city is in a good place because there are top acts and there's still crazy young talent still coming up. Same as other cities. Mainstream acts and cats on the come up. NY will always catch slander because it's NY and downplaying NY is always the thing to do for people not from NY.

The talent is and has always been there in nyc.

What happens is, *****s get antsy and elevate the ones that they shouldn’t. That’s the point. The guys that have staying power, did it on some unconventional ****.

Take a look. When the powers that be try to force it, and nyc feels they have to defend or get behind it, is when it goes bad. Anybody from a mile away can see that.

But that’s a larger convo. And while Grimey is WRONG about Bobby Smurda...he is right on the other end of the argument.

It’s that simple.

Don't know how much of the drug trade and neighborhoods across NYC the Brims have on lock

CJ song popped because that ***** and his hood among other hoods WILL get indicted

But again keep crying

Pretty much. Which is why you see all the varying bloodsets getting locked. Treyway(courtesey of sixnine) Apes(as seen by tax) and not putting anything on anyone, but they got the Hats/Brims in their sites. I don't know if the song is getting artificially pushed, but they definitely watching them.

Last edited:
Y’all boys should find some cameras and argue bout this **** on camera :lol:

that’s an interesting point about the hip hop police and certain acts popping making it easier to indict ****** kingfoamnyc kingfoamnyc

That's not just an NY problem though. ****** in every region need to stop snitching on themselves. Now more than ever it's so obviously blatant that the boys is watching so dudes really gotta put the phones down... and stop talking that **** in your interviews, regardless of who it's with or how perceivably big the platform is. They're watching all of it.

NYC hast lost damn near every transcendent artist to murder or jail. Stack, Max B, Bobby, Pop Smoke, ASAP YAMS...

People who were really just about to hit their stride & it got cut off, all original distinct personalities with skill.

And for some reason people just dismiss ASAP run as a whole

NYC hast lost damn near every transcendent artist to murder or jail. Stack, Max B, Bobby, Pop Smoke, ASAP YAMS...

People who were really just about to hit their stride & it got cut off, all original distinct personalities with skill.

And for some reason people just dismiss ASAP run as a whole
I think it's cause most of the ASAP cats weren't really fully invested in music which isn't bad. Just means they are influential and multi-talented, but I also don't recall them having any specific bangers that just made you want to bust a move.

But again keep crying

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom