Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

With all the parties I see folks at in ATL on social media I just assumed covid didn’t exist there :lol: Them fools ain’t stopped brunch and hunch since the pandemic started seem like.

Atlanta and Houston may as well be the Covid tag team champions. I run into people traveling from other cities daily and all basically have the same sentiments of “I like coming here cause they let y’all do anything” and I’m like
E45EDDEF-17FF-48CB-B78E-65C2011C9707.gif

History!

DJ Kool Herc story is especially profound considering someone stabbed him vs the rappers being killed today.

Imagine what kind of MC / DJ you had to be to walk around / do shows in New York in the 1980's with a huge rope chain, medallion, 5 finger ring, Dapper Dan down to the shoes, etc, with no body guard or police around.

Fast Forward to today.

Nothing new under the Sun.

History!

DJ Kool Herc story is especially profound considering someone stabbed him vs the rappers being killed today.

Imagine what kind of MC / DJ you had to be to walk around / do shows in New York in the 1980's with a huge rope chain, medallion, 5 finger ring, Dapper Dan down to the shoes, etc, with no body guard or police around.

Fast Forward to today.

Nothing new under the Sun.

They even robbed Busta Rhymes if I'm correct, a ring he worn, in some arabic country, again I'm not sure, i'm trying to find the article, I think he got it back, and we know how Busta is flamboyant about his jewelry

EDIT : can't find, I must be wrong or they erased it lol

For all the NY cats, remember In the late 90s I think it was and Hot97 I think it was, was trying to expose a gay rapper without naming names but giving hints and I narrowed it down to and always thought it was Busta or Buckshot but did we really ever get a solid answer?

Busta has such an aura I couldn't figure anyone disrespects him in any way, such a presence just talking, and when he raps...
The "neck joke" of 50 was pretty wack, Busta is not one of these rappers, he's a grown man, leave him alone

EDIT : I would accept to be named fan but not groupie, thanks :lol:

Busta has such an aura I couldn't figure anyone disrespects him in any way, such a presence just talking, and when he raps...
The "neck joke" of 50 was pretty wack, Busta is not one of these rappers, he's a grown man, leave him alone

EDIT : I would accept to be named fan but not groupie, thanks :lol:

Ran into twice, once during Rock the Bells festival where he was cool as **** giving everyone dap and talking. The other in a hotel lobby in South Beach where he checked in, went straight to the bathroom with one of those volcano vaporizers for tree and had a security guard block the bathroom while he smoked :lol:
When he came out we made eye contact and his face had a "don't talk to me right now" look on it so I fell back :lol:

I think someone on here said he's been accused of being shady to deal with business wise but I don't remember the details at all.

Once again, that was just one example of Jack being pressed about the Pac situation and copping pleas. Only thing I was saying is him acting all tough talking about it on TV was funny to me cause he didn't keep the same energy in person.

No one's acting like Pac didn't have his flaws. Any real fan of him and his music would admit that all day.
I don't even understand this.

Jack never said he killed Pac or had him shot. He never even pretended like he did. The lie didn't start with him so how is he coppin pleas by saying no I didn't do it I aint a killer?

The only thing Jack did in the doc was say it a certain way.

All those OGs in the doc come from an era where they fought with their hands. They didn't grow up on that immediately go to guns. They witnessed that change first hand. Majority of them wasn't with it. Jack's rep is off of robbin ******.

I knew that ***** Wack needed to get on his meds when he tried to set up a fade with ****ing Just Blaze because Just said Cash Money was in the front row of a Hov show 20something years ago :lol:

Trying way too hard to be tough wit the wrong people :lol:

"You a mase *****"

"You had no business listening to Hov. You was way outta line. Somebody shoulda whooped yo ***"

That's wild to tell a grown man they had no business listening to a rapper:rofl::rofl:

Nah deadass. You see a lot of women getting to their money these days. Especially in Atlanta. They took the notoriety that came along with being ______’s baby mother and found a way to make a bag off of their own name. I’m not mad at it.

DONT BLAME THEM ONE BIT! A man ain’t everrre supposed to hate on a woman getting money. That’s LAW

Kodak should make jackboy drop that damn song and take the 2nd verse

Back
Top Bottom