Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Cyhi can’t get distribution with Enpire? Seem like he want to put it out through GOOD/majors etc.

If the music is that good, people will find it.

For all the NY cats, remember In the late 90s I think it was and Hot97 I think it was, was trying to expose a gay rapper without naming names but giving hints and I narrowed it down to and always thought it was Busta or Buckshot but did we really ever get a solid answer?

That was all OG Troll Wendy Williams doing.

She almost got dealt with.

When Hot 97 was the number one station in New York, it offered the afternoon slot to Wendy Williams. Williams is a type familiar to black - whoops, urban - audiences, but not often seen in the mass media: the round the way girl. Talking trash on a stoop with a 40 in a jewel-encrusted hand, the round the way girl is known for one thing: the grimmee - hot, sticky and completely unfounded rumours. The DJ turned the bravado of hip hop on its ear by speaking the one taboo the style can't handle: homo dis and dat. Wendy started her rampage by reading on the air an autobiography of questionable authenticity: 'Confessions of a Gay Rapper'. Suddenly the world of hip hop was flooded with one question: Who is the gay rapper? Wendy wouldn't say on the air, dropping coy hints now and then ('Girl, I can't say that on the air but stay on the line and I'll give it all to you on the DL.') When the world of commercial radio was found to have its limits, the internet seemed to provide just the plateau to truly go flagrant, but no; the DJ's website (www.gowendy.com) was suspended for posting what was obviously a composite photograph of Puff Daddy in a compromising (read bottom) position.

Yo one of my guys just said Chris Brown, Tyga, and 2Chainz solely responsible for getting rap out the Jerk era and led the charge on party/strip club music. :rofl:

I wasn’t old enough to be in strip clubs back then, this true? :lol:

For all the NY cats, remember In the late 90s I think it was and Hot97 I think it was, was trying to expose a gay rapper without naming names but giving hints and I narrowed it down to and always thought it was Busta or Buckshot but did we really ever get a solid answer?

I always took it as being Busta, because I heard rumors that wouldn't go away. Like Puff.

I've heard the, he wouldn't do that because he's Jamaican also. Like that would stop anyone :lol:

Busta has such an aura I couldn't figure anyone disrespects him in any way, such a presence just talking, and when he raps...
The "neck joke" of 50 was pretty wack, Busta is not one of these rappers, he's a grown man, leave him alone

EDIT : I would accept to be named fan but not groupie, thanks :lol:

:lol:

Busta's an ******* and didn't become a "tough" guy until the steroids.

He should do the **** independent. He got connections with Ye, Trav, Hov, Beyonce etc. If they cool with you like that, they can help push your ****.

Dudes don't want to work that hard. They want a label to do the work.

He should talk to Joe and Styles about being indie and making it work.

But Cyhi has never become his own person really. He's never been out there like that.

Yo one of my guys just said Chris Brown, Tyga, and 2Chainz solely responsible for getting rap out the Jerk era and led the charge on party/strip club music. :rofl:

I wasn’t old enough to be in strip clubs back then, this true? :lol:

Them jerk _'s made a impact but that was Kanye, Tip, Wayne era. Jeezy, Gucci, Juicy J and some other dudes got the strip club scene poppin while Chris was krumpin and Tyga was just that dude cousin from Gym Class Heroes.

Back
Top Bottom