Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Serious question

Do people expect Rappers to be Martyr's & actual activist?

I see the internet is upset at Diddy to no surprise, but just going through the objections to the letter. What are people really expecting out of these celebrities?
I don't, but they and or their fans force themselves in that "position". Kanye the 1Oak crowd "we y'all god's!" :rofl:

I saw Puffy trending for some letter to corporations, but I'm not sure what he wrote and neither do care b/c I know he's been known to corporately rob many (Black) people. It's a grandiose sense of a self importance. Cube, HOV, Beyonce, etc. Stop treating these ppl like they not regular people.

This is funny:

I don't, but they and or their fans force themselves in that "position". Kanye the 1Oak crowd "we y'all god's!" :rofl:

I saw Puffy trending for some letter to corporations, but I'm not sure what he wrote and neither do care b/c I know he's been known to corporately rob many (Black) people. It's a grandiose sense of a self importance. Cube, HOV, Beyonce, etc. Stop treating these ppl like they not regular people.

This is funny:

Supporting a specific cause or raising concern about a specific problem in the black community doesn't or shouldn't equate proclaiming yourself a black leader or activist. It's very rare i hear any of these celebrities try to proclaim themselves as such either.

but for some reason whenever they speak on any black topic it's thousands of people rushing to tell them this ain't enough, or they didn't do x y z etc etc.... As if it's their duty to recreate the structure of America or something

David Banner was recently on the 85 south show & spoke on how people these days expect the entertainers to do more for the communities then the politicians these days & it's true to an extent.

Supporting a specific cause or raising concern about a specific problem in the black community doesn't or shouldn't equate proclaiming yourself a black leader or activist. It's very rare i hear any of these celebrities try to proclaim themselves as such either.

but for some reason whenever they speak on any black topic it's thousands of people rushing to tell them this ain't enough, or they didn't do x y z etc etc.... As if it's their duty to recreate the structure of America or something

David Banner was recently on the 85 south show & spoke on how people these days expect the entertainers to do more for the communities then the politicians these days & it's true to an extent.
"A CONTRACT WITH BLACK AMERICA"

"A CONTRACT WITH BLACK AMERICA"

This would fall under very rare.......

& i didn't see the problem with him attempting this either & he got killed for it. They try to go unconventional & new routes they get ridiculed for it & told they're not qualified to be making those moves.... On the other hand they make moves that benefit them & there close circle of people.... and their ridiculed for not doing enough to make "real" change.

Like someone said earlier people be pressing these celebs to do **** they wouldn't do on their own personal scale

Serious question

Do people expect Rappers to be Martyr's & actual activist?

I see the internet is upset at Diddy to no surprise, but just going through the objections to the letter. What are people really expecting out of these celebrities?

Consistency 🤷‍♂️

I think that's the problem with Diddy. Dudes history is just too deep.

but it does seem like you're damned if you do, damned if you don't(Killer Mike, Jay-Z, Ice Cube, Cole, Kendrick). Meanwhile the people who do nothing and if anything poison our communities get ignored.

He's a hypebeast, but he knows a lot about sneakers. So he annoys me then he doesn't. Says "*****" way too much though.

I don’t think he’s a hypebeast. He’s a late 80s baby like me so, he knows his 90s, and 2000s. Stuff. To me, he a legit shoe/fashion guy. Along the lines of Wale. He ain’t hype

Consistency 🤷‍♂️

I think that's the problem with Diddy. Dudes history is just too deep.

but it does seem like you're damned if you do, damned if you don't(Killer Mike, Jay-Z, Ice Cube, Cole, Kendrick). Meanwhile the people who do nothing and if anything poison our communities get ignored.

I’m still appalled at Cardi B drugging people and that strippers to the POLE campaign.

Cardi B should be getting as much criticism as Rick Ross or Bill Cosby

I’m still appalled at Cardi B drugging people and that strippers to the POLE campaign.

Cardi B should be getting as much criticism as Rick Ross or Bill Cosby
Facts. Rick Ross lost his Reebok deal cause of a rap verse.

Even now she’s getting flamed for following Nicki Minaj via Topic on Twitter. Nicki out here livingin Cardi’s head, rent free lol

Back
Top Bottom