Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Usher cold blooded :lol:. The way the industry tried to **** on T Pain was cruddy (death of auto tune was terrible). But funny enough….T Pain himself, did that to Future :lol:.

Also had no idea about the Kanye or Future stuff

And I’m taking T Pain **** over 808 & Heartbreak. Yeah, I said it!

:nerd:

Oh wow, I didn't know the industry was bullying this ***** T-Pain in real life. That's ****ed up.

All he had to was just release an album with no auto-tune. Cuz his singing voice is great.

Future is ****ing whack anyway.

The nerve of this ***** Kanye getting ppl to **** on somebody else with his weak *** auto-tune music. This is what happens when your head is way too far up your own ***.

Oh damn I missed that Usher part.

**** his herpes having *** too. Like Damn man, ****** acting like T-Pain created auto-tune. Not his fault whack ****** used it to make whack music.

Then the nerve to be such a ****ing hypocrite.

T-Pain made HITS!

1624328413072.png

Oh wow, I didn't know the industry was bullying this ***** T-Pain in real life. That's ****ed up.

All he had to was just release an album with no auto-tune. Cuz his singing voice is great.

Future is ****ing whack anyway.

The nerve of this ***** Kanye getting ppl to **** on somebody else with his weak *** auto-tune music. This is what happens when your head is way too far up your own ***.
I’m confused auto-tune is still very prevalent and used by all the top artists. Also Death to Auto was and will always be a horrible track.

I’m confused auto-tune is still very prevalent and used by all the top artists. Also Death to Auto was and will always be a horrible track.

I think because people are stupid and didn't even know what auto tune was, so Ron Browz and T-Pain became the face of it, because that's what they were told. It was a T-Pain diss, so it became simplified. So they got the heat, while others just kept on using it.

IMO it's just as lazy as the production these days, but the fans allow the ****. One of the biggest things with your natural voice is the emotion and feeling that can project from it. Auto tune totally eliminates that. Imagine K Ci singing with autotune or Beans rapping in autotune. It totally takes away from them.

But y'all keep praising these dudes who do it.

In the most recent episode of Dave it pretty sums how stupid it is.

I think because people are stupid and didn't even know what auto tune was, so Ron Browz and T-Pain became the face of it, because that's what they were told. It was a T-Pain diss, so it became simplified. So they got the heat, while others just kept on using it.

IMO it's just as lazy as the production these days, but the fans allow the ****. One of the biggest things with your natural voice is the emotion and feeling that can project from it. Auto tune totally eliminates that. Imagine K Ci singing with autotune or Beans rapping in autotune. It totally takes away from them.

But y'all keep praising these dudes who do it.

In the most recent episode of Dave it pretty sums how stupid it is.

Im with you on the first part. Not with you on the latter.

The dudes/people who know how to use auto tune do it well. Is there an over saturation? Sure. But to act like the talented guys who do it aren’t deserving of praise is wrong. Personally, I like someone like Durk without Auto Tune (no auto Durk) but he isn’t terrible at it.

But like you said, people are stupid…and a lot of artist don’t even use auto tune, or people even know what it is. It’s a catchall term for effects now :lol:. Reverb and a lot of other trickery. Plus some natural voice that people cannot simply pickup because their frequency is off.

The lines with tech are blurred as ever. But trickery been going on in music forever. Ain’t a “new” thing. The vocalist and talented people will always stand out.

Im with you on the first part. Not with you on the latter.

The dudes/people who know how to use auto tune do it well. Is there an over saturation? Sure. But to act like the talented guys who do it aren’t deserving of praise is wrong. Personally, I like someone like Durk without Auto Tune (no auto Durk) but he isn’t terrible at it.

But like you said, people are stupid…and a lot of artist don’t even use auto tune, or people even know what it is. It’s a catchall term for effects now :lol:. Reverb and a lot of other trickery. Plus some natural voice that people cannot simply pickup because their frequency is off.

The lines with tech are blurred as ever. But trickery been going on in music forever. Ain’t a “new” thing. The vocalist and talented people will always stand out.

The talented people don't stand out when everyone is doing it.

Why is everyone going to Berg?

Why is everyone using "autotune"? It's about fitting in, and also because it's easier.

You praise the people doing it.

The talented people don't stand out when everyone is doing it.

Why is everyone going to Berg?

Why is everyone using "autotune"? It's about fitting in, and also because it's easier.

You praise the people doing it.

Name names. #Yall always do THIS. And, “The people I praise”…ARE talented :lol:. And contrary to what you think, don’t use auto tune nearly as much as you think.

Again, this is a catchall term and you’re using it as a crudgel to hate on this generation. Music is waaaaay too vast today to ven play this game. I can go without listening to what is “hot” and find a sub genre that suits me at the click of a finger. Everybody got a damn lane. He more resourceful and actually listen to what YOU like. I swear it’s easy.

People going to the same producers isn’t something new. I hate the most of the Young Berg/Hitmaka lazy samples as well. But as you rightly said, it’s from the Puff Daddy playbook of old with the samples.

Nothing new.

Back
Top Bottom