Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Joined May 15, 2003
JD has Confessions & The Emancipation of Mimi among other legendary EXECUTIVELY PRODUCED iconic tracks.

In a 20-25 song Verzuz Puff could actually lose against him.
In a venue unless Mariah and Janet are coming off, that ain't going to go off like that.

Usher will because it's more uptempo.

but Puff has too much variety to pull from and take credit for.

Hitmen have songs with all those artist also.

Joined Sep 12, 2002
JD has Confessions & The Emancipation of Mimi among other legendary EXECUTIVELY PRODUCED iconic tracks.

In a 20-25 song Verzuz Puff could actually lose against him.
Exactly. It'll come down to song selection. We already know they're both gonna pull out all the stops and essentially make it a "Summer Jam" event with guest appearances. Puff will be swimming in his Ciroc bath per usual, and might let a few questionable stories slip from time to time.

Joined Mar 21, 2010
Again, Puff got Big, Mase & LOX to pull from ..... JD got Bow Wow & Kris Kross........

would be a hell of a battle if they doing R&B only, but once rap gets introduced it gets tough. & if it's one thing we know about Puff that ***** is a perfectionist, there's no way he comes out with a mediocre playlist.

Dre really the ain't to be ****ed with in a Verzuz the two closest gotta be the Neptunes & Kanye in terms of longevity/big records

Joined May 15, 2003
Again, Puff got Big, Mase & LOX to pull from ..... JD got Bow Wow & Kris Kross........

would be a hell of a battle if they doing R&B only, but once rap gets introduced it gets tough. & if it's one thing we know about Puff that ***** is a perfectionist, there's no way he comes out with a mediocre playlist.
and Puff's R&B bag is vast

The Hitmen were producing for everyone in the 90's and early 2000's

so it's not just Bad Boy stuff

Joined Sep 21, 2008
I think Verzuz is now tied in with Triller x MSG.

So for everyone who wants all these other artist from other regions they'll have to be on a certain level

Probably would be smart for other big money execs to pool something together and create competition

Mark Antony

Supporter
Joined Apr 30, 2010
The only person that’s had to apologize for any of this Verzuz for being disrespectful is the off white puerto rican that’s been gettin off sayin “*****” this and “*****” that for damn near 30yrs. Said "*****" more than anybody there.

Also, he said "sorry if". He’s mediocre and forgettable. You remove Fat Joe from Hip Hop & no one notices ****. Dude is trash, and he was afraid to take off his shirt in She’s Gotta Have It. Man said “sorry if” :lol: :smh: Fatass
That's an almost cutural Bronx thing. You can head up there and tell them to stop.

Joined Jun 1, 2011
Hot97 just can’t help themselves but to sound like some uninformed haters even when it’s two NY artists :rofl: how have you been involved in radio all this time and not realize and remember how Ja Rule’s songs hit compared to Fat Joe’s?? Their breakdown of the Verzuz is basically a Ja Rule roast.

Joined Dec 14, 2004
Seeing the Joe disrespect is ****in crazy. I'm about to look at the songs and score it. Even though scoring it is pointless. Some hits age terribly "Rainy Dazy" and "Mesmerize" isn't getting played anywhere.

Round 1 ( No one won So Much Pain vs All I Do Is Win cause both songs garbage)

Joe - 5

Ja - 4

Round 2

Joe - 5

Ja - 4

Damn, I got Joe 10-8. I guess NT just hates Joe. I think Joe played himself with all those Khaled records and he picked the bad ones. I think his verse on Holla At me was kinda big. He also could have went with Take You Home or the Keith Sweat sample joint.

I don't even remember that song with Nelly, had to look it up. **** was a top 10 track which is wild cause it's horrible.

Joined May 15, 2003
Seeing the Joe disrespect is ****in crazy. I'm about to look at the songs and score it. Even though scoring it is pointless. Some hits age terribly "Rainy Dazy" and "Mesmerize" isn't getting played anywhere.

Round 1 ( No one won So Much Pain vs All I Do Is Win cause both songs garbage)

Joe - 5

Ja - 4

Round 2

Joe - 5

Ja - 4

Damn, I got Joe 10-8. I guess NT just hates Joe. I think Joe played himself with all those Khaled records and he picked the bad ones. I think his verse on Holla At me was kinda big. He also could have went with Take You Home or the Keith Sweat sample joint.

I don't even remember that song with Nelly, had to look it up. **** was a top 10 track which is wild cause it's horrible.
You're literally the only one on this planet who thinks Joe won.

Joe's wife and kids don't think he won.

Joined Dec 14, 2004
You're literally the only one on this planet who thinks Joe won.

Joe's wife and kids don't think he won.
I don't think anyone "wins". I'm not scoring off sales, Can I Get a is a monster smash and My Lifestyle isn't even a hit. I still play My Lifestyle and haven't played Can I Get a since 2000 but I should give that round to Ja cause it was a bigger song?

And it's funny, I bought three Ja Rule albums and never bought a single Fat Joe album. VVV is a damn near classic in my book, album is great. My scoring is unbiased as hell, it's based on what songs I still play today.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now