Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I’m not gonna be mad at JD holding himself to the highest regard when it comes to music production because objectively speaking, he’s up there. How high up there he is would be a matter of opinion, but ****ttt. Dude rightfully believes in himself. Can’t be mad at that.

Now if he gets on a versus stage and gets mopped up, well… you asked for this. :lol:

But I noticed a trend with the versus when it comes to NY vs Atlanta acts. Atlanta seems to have that little brother complex. We’ve seen this city dominate the rap/hip hop for the better part of the last 20 years, but they always fall for the bait when it comes to NY. No matter how big the cultural influence of Atlanta becomes in this music space, cats like TI and JD get on extra defensive mode when they’re pitted again someone from NY. 50 made one ig post about TI not seeing him, and TI spent a week talking about it. Visibly peeved. As someone who’s from NY and lives down here in Atlanta, I never understand why they fall for it every time. Like… fam y’all are winning right now and have been for a while. You don’t have to compete with ******. :lol:

Fall for WHAT? It’s facts. 50 not seeing T.I. that ain’t no debate. 50 act like his music so legendary like bruh, NO ONE PLAYS your music. Except frat houses or bars that do karoke or have modern juke boxes with “In da club”.

50 should’ve actually went against Ross or Jeezy....

New Yorkers shying away from competition??? That’s the argument now???

If Pharrell lost his hands today & worked with someone to specifically arrange a song then he produced. Quincy Jones didn't play Thriller & I believe Off the Wall, but everyone knows he co-produced those albums to the point they're almost presented as collaboration albums.

No, Quincy didn't play every instrument, but he produced that album. You do realize Quincy can actually play instruments, compose and write, right?

Ok, so Pharrell would be Puff if he had no arms. Could anyone else get by and be acknowledge in the industry as a producer not doing **** but having a good ear and give suggestions, that's if they didn't own the company?

wavycrocket wavycrocket has a good idea for Lil Mumble trash, let me hire him. Nah, you would call that an A&R, because they also got in to album songs and the direction.

It's like Puff became Rogue and took everyones duties at Bad Boy and got credit for everything, from the A&R to the mixers. Nobody else did **** besides Puff.

My earlier statement for JD/Puff was in regards to matchability.

However, JD fumbled that bag years ago and never fully recovered. I think he's hyping this battle to happen because he sees the attention/money it brings in. Puff likes attention but he doesn't need the money from measly streams.

They was beef'n :lol:

I was tryna find the video of Sisqo on 106, this all I could find

"when Sisqo dropped his second album, Sisqo went on 106 & Park stating that he thought at the time he was the best r&b vocalist/performer out right then and said that if someone wanted to step up, that they would do it with no bands, no music, straight mic and just blow.

2 months later, Usher's "8701" came out and AJ & Free asked Usher about the states made by Sisqo and Usher said "look at his sells and get back to me" a shot at Sisqo b/c it was said that the album flopped but still sold over a million copies."

I guess R. Kelly took hend to that statement too and went on the best of both worlds album and dissed him. The beef with Usher and Sisqo went deeper than that b/c before Sisqo's statement, Usher, Sisqo, Ginuwine, and Tyrese thought of making a supergroup for one album and everyone was cool with it but Usher. Usher I believe said he had better things to do then to do that."

"Usher tells Beat magazine of Australia that he has no love for Dru Hill’s Sisqo. “Sisqo was the guy who thought of the idea, but obviously in putting together a group you can’t be as selfish as that little muthafu**a was,” Usher blasted. “You can’t try to put together things and then you get so full of yourself that you lose your mind. I don’t know if the audience in Australia knows about Sisqo and how he lost his mind as an entertainer, but I think he did. I think this industry can hype you up so much that you begin to think you’re larger than you actually are – and that’s what happened. So when the guy approached me, I think the way that he approached me was wrong. It’s almost like the dude wanted to battle every R&B artist in the industry, but how can you say you wanna put together a group of R&B artists but you wanna battle and you say that you’re the illest of all time? That ain’t gonna happen, playa!”
Lol I saw the episode back in the day, but one of dru hills road managers told me that sisqo was blackballed..I interned with him in 2013

No, Quincy didn't play every instrument, but he produced that album. You do realize Quincy can actually play instruments, compose and write, right?

Ok, so Pharrell would be Puff if he had no arms. Could anyone else get by and be acknowledge in the industry as a producer not doing **** but having a good ear and give suggestions, that's if they didn't own the company?

wavycrocket wavycrocket has a good idea for Lil Mumble trash, let me hire him. Nah, you would call that an A&R, because they also got in to album songs and the direction.

It's like Puff became Rogue and took everyones duties at Bad Boy and got credit for everything, from the A&R to the mixers. Nobody else did **** besides Puff.
Coaches map out plays that players carry out. It's literally producing and arrangement. Phil Jackson was hired to coach The Lakers because of the results he produced with The Bulls.

Diddy: Coach=Producer
Pharrell: Player=Producer

Fall for WHAT? It’s facts. 50 not seeing T.I. that ain’t no debate. 50 act like his music so legendary like bruh, NO ONE PLAYS your music. Except frat houses or bars that do karoke or have modern juke boxes with “In da club”.

50 should’ve actually went against Ross or Jeezy....

New Yorkers shying away from competition??? That’s the argument now???

You’re kinda making my point fam. Most people would agree that TI has a far better body if work than Fif. There’s no need to be so overly eager to prove that. Homie was on ig live rants for a week straight. Falling for the bait.

Not saying they’re shying away from competition. NY people just justify things differently. A simple “yo get the **** outta here” is enough end a lot of things in their minds.

TI: BRING ME 50!
TI: HE ONLY GOT ONE ALBUM. I GOT 5 CLASSICS
50:… **** outta here.
then 50 hashtags power and whatever that champagne is, and goes about his day :lol:

My earlier statement for JD/Puff was in regards to matchability.

However, JD fumbled that bag years ago and never fully recovered. I think he's hyping this battle to happen because he sees the attention/money it brings in. Puff likes attention but he doesn't need the money from measly streams.

I think JD wants the recognition, because he never got the credit that Puff and Dre did. Plus dude is a child prodigy and has been doing this since he was a kid.

I think a lot of it is R&B related. Unless you're Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis or LA and Babyface, you are more behind the scenes. So Dallas Austin, Rodney Jerkins and Bryan Michael Cox aren't getting the same attention. JD thinks it's Atlanta, but it's not.

It had everything to do with him not having a Snoop or BIG. Da Brat was popular and dope for a female, but nobody thinks of her. If you would replace Kriss Kross, Bow Wow or Da Brat with a TI or Jeezy things would have been totally different how he's viewed.

Don’t kill me, but wouldn’t Diddy and Birdman be a more accurate comparison? Not at the same level obviously, but in terms of their roles in the music creation process for their artists.
I said that the other day…. But bird would wash anybody from that seat.
:rofl: :rofl: ****** have literally went out there way to make birdmanless albums G, don't nobody wanna hear that bull****
I got a drake less version of wattba. U literally can find a ____less version of most albums.

Lol I saw the episode back in the day, but one of dru hills road managers told me that sisqo was blackballed..I interned with him in 2013
I've never been able to figure it out but this is definitely factual imo. They threw him away quick and easy. Which isnt all that unusual for it to be easy, but it was definitely much quicker than usual. They could have made more money off of him if they wanted. They did not want.

You’re kinda making my point fam. Most people would agree that TI has a far better body if work than Fif. There’s no need to be so overly eager to prove that. Homie was on ig live rants for a week straight. Falling for the bait.

Not saying they’re shying away from competition. NY people just justify things differently. A simple “yo get the **** outta here” is enough end a lot of things in their minds.

TI: BRING ME 50!
TI: HE ONLY GOT ONE ALBUM. I GOT 5 CLASSICS
50:… **** outta here.
then 50 hashtags power and whatever that champagne is, and goes about his day :lol:

kind of like how 50 does....? 50 been ranting on Jeezy, ross and floyd mayweather for years so no, you aren’t making sense...

50 cent and New Yorkers like to egg s*** on. But when they meet someone who’s longwinded from another region, then they get defensive. NYers loveeeee to talk and argue. So miss me with it.

When y’all run into someone with just as much gift of gab, then it’s an issue...

yeah but ummm..... he more synonymous with BIG. That’s just how it’s gone be. Them casual fans ya’ll love, don’t know about any of them. Except maybe Mary J. Big is who puff been living off of since the 90s....

People don't know Mase and 112 and Total??

Mase sold like 5-7 mil :lol:

Then you said MAYBE Marry like she's not a legendary singer.

I said that the other day…. But bird would wash anybody from that seat.

I got a drake less version of wattba. U literally can find a ____less version of most albums.
I never even heard WATTBA with "aubs" on it, drakeless tapes been the wave

kind of like how 50 does....? 50 been ranting on Jeezy, ross and floyd mayweather for years so no, you aren’t making sense...

50 cent and New Yorkers like to egg s*** on. But when they meet someone who’s longwinded from another region, then they get defensive. NYers loveeeee to talk and argue. So miss me with it.

When y’all run into someone with just as much gift of gab, then it’s an issue...

foh :lol:

Bringing up Dame makes it seem like you don't actually know what Puff does.

I know what he doesn't do

It's you dudes who don't know what he does, because people give him credit for every single thing at Bad Boy no matter who actually did it. Making records and sweeping the floors.

What did Harve Pierre do at Bad Boy?

Birdman the better rapper and executive........

Birdman still relevant in the music industry. Puff been stopped making money off rap. Or even rapping.

nobody could ever sit and listen to an album filled with puffs raps. Birdman has done this. Birdman has solo albums. The man really has done it all

Beatrice still can drop a hot 16 bars.
I don't think you understand what a versuz is about.
What did Harve Pierre do at Bad Boy?
Whatever Puff told him to do.

Back
Top Bottom