Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Budden won best podcast on the bet social awards . Didn't even know that. He won over desus and mero and drink champs.

The HipHopDX episodes are dope, but I prefer The Company Man. Murs is cool, but his delivery bothers me for some reason, and most of the videos seem pretty surface level.

I've shared his stuff in here before, but check him if you haven't and you enjoy The Breakdown. I think Justin Hunte is the person who initially started doing these with HipHopDX, but he eventually moved on. Really thought provoking stuff:

Good breakdown. It was interesting to hear Drake almost complain that people don't see him as "black excellence". He's never addressed any black issues, racism or shown any pro blackness in his music. He's said stuff like "In Canada we don't see color" lol.

That's why.

Good breakdown. It was interesting to hear Drake almost complain that people don't see him as "black excellence". He's never addressed any black issues, racism or shown any pro blackness in his music. He's said stuff like "In Canada we don't see color" lol.

That's why.

He only addressed it when it came to Meek which I thought should have been turned on him.

It's not even debatable. They've been on top for like four or five years now. I remember when the west was dead for like 12 years straight.

12 years? Nah. The west always has ******* that made hot ****. Same way y'all do. What's historically ****** up is that we don't get the recognition that we should have.

The HipHopDX episodes are dope, but I prefer The Company Man. Murs is cool, but his delivery bothers me for some reason, and most of the videos seem pretty surface level.

I've shared his stuff in here before, but check him if you haven't and you enjoy The Breakdown. I think Justin Hunte is the person who initially started doing these with HipHopDX, but he eventually moved on. Really thought provoking stuff:

Good video and dope to see there are people with brains in the comments :pimp: :pimp: “talk is cheap”

The west was ice cold from like 00-12 or some **** like that. Game had good albums and good music but he said it himself he was alone. No one else was popping for mad long.

Too much damn Akademiks on the show now ...anytime I try to check out an episode I can’t even make it past 20 mins :lol: :smh:

Took a look at my CD collection and realized i barely touch it now. Decided today that I’ll try to play different album everyday to/from work.
Randomly pulled this old school bad boy out today.
DA3905C9-FA27-44EC-BD4A-A6D505EA1C68.jpeg

I didnt know the west coast was seen as ice cold like that from 00-12 lol

Snoop's R&G and The Blue Carpet Treatment was gettng lot of play when I was in high school

Hyphy music and all the bay area music was always loved up here in the northwest... Mac Dre, Too Short, etc..

Blow The Whistle still gets played in the club lol.

The Game was huge..

Nipsey Hussle in 2010 was blowing up.

Also had the Jerkin dance movment in '09

Tyga was blowing up in 2011-2012 with Rack City, etc

I didnt know the west coast was seen as ice cold like that from 00-12 lol

Snoop's R&G and The Blue Carpet Treatment was gettng lot of play when I was in high school

Hyphy music and all the bay area music was always loved up here in the northwest... Mac Dre, Too Short, etc..

Blow The Whistle still gets played in the club lol.

The Game was huge..

Nipsey Hussle in 2010 was blowing up.

Also had the Jerkin dance movment in '09

Tyga was blowing up in 2011-2012 with Rack City, etc

That's what I'm saying. There was a lot of **** going on out here. We just don't get the recognition all the time. As of late, it's changed.

The west was ice cold from like 00-12 or some **** like that. Game had good albums and good music but he said it himself he was alone. No one else was popping for mad long.

It would still mean it wasn’t a 12 year gap even if Game was there by himself :lol:

Back
Top Bottom