Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Ain't nobody blaming rap, but ya'll acting like J Cole and Kendrick are universally beloved. They're the first two dudes who get written off as boring or corny because they talk about "other stuff".

What's the root issue?

I posted on Reddit a while back that we need to take a stand in preserving Hip-Hop/Rap culture, and we gotta stop accepting this notion that violence needs to be synonymous with it. I got a bunch of clowns saying that I was overreacting, and that's just the way things are. Imagine we're okay with the potential of never hearing someone's favorite rapper ever again because they were KILLED.

I don't give a damn how sensitive I sound; I love hip-hop/rap/trap anything where someone puts 16 bars together over a beat. I'm tired of this, we have the opportunity to make a change. If we don't support the violence, guys will rap about something else. It's economics at this point. No genre gotta go through this. I only knew Trouble through Lupe's "Chopper" song (he BLACKS on that), and a Dave East feature on a mixtape, but bro was talented, and at the end of the day, a human. We gotta do better. Not just everyone, myself included.

You right in general but this specifically is looking like some trapped in the closet/Mr. Biggs type **** here lol. This coulda happened wit some corporate white boys as much as it could have happened to a ***** like Skoob.

That mf be biting ****** will go crazy behind some good *****. :lol:

The same way Kendrick them ain’t universally beloved, it’s people like Young Thug, King Von, etc aren’t loved by….

People will agree with you if you say you don’t like Kendrick or J.Cole, but will look at you crazy if you don’t like dudes like NBA or Young Thug. That’s a PROBLEM

That’s why I say this generation is so soft and sensitive. They talk all that tough gangsta s****, all that gunplay but when a n_ get wacked, it’s flower giving season

Last edited:
I posted on Reddit a while back that we need to take a stand in preserving Hip-Hop/Rap culture, and we gotta stop accepting this notion that violence needs to be synonymous with it. I got a bunch of clowns saying that I was overreacting, and that's just the way things are. Imagine we're okay with the potential of never hearing someone's favorite rapper ever again because they were KILLED.

I don't give a damn how sensitive I sound; I love hip-hop/rap/trap anything where someone puts 16 bars together over a beat. I'm tired of this, we have the opportunity to make a change. If we don't support the violence, guys will rap about something else. It's economics at this point. No genre gotta go through this. I only knew Trouble through Lupe's "Chopper" song (he BLACKS on that), and a Dave East feature on a mixtape, but bro was talented, and at the end of the day, a human. We gotta do better. Not just everyone, myself included.
I get the general sentiment, but just cuz a rapper dies doesn’t always mean it was related to the music or we gotta talk about violent lyrics…Especially when there’s no real details yet with the latest passing

Remember all these dudes are ppl and gotta deal with real life ****, most ain’t in rap character 24/7

Last edited:
I get the general sentiment, just cuz a rapper dies doesn’t always mean it was related to the music or we gotta talk about violent lyrics…Especially when there’s no real details yet with the latest passing

Remember all these dudes are ppl and gotta deal with real life ****, most ain’t in rap character 24/7

Not only this...but ****** act like being a "rapper" is some grand title that's supposed to come with special privileges or reverence from others.

****** are getting DROPPED OFF in record numbers in every major city across the country right now. When a rapper dies....suddenly THAT is some special problem or something.

I get the general sentiment, just cuz a rapper dies doesn’t always mean it was related to the music or we gotta talk about violent lyrics…Especially when there’s no real details yet with the latest passing

Pretty much. It's actually rare that cats die cause of "Rap". They're just experiencing **** that every day people go through (home invasions, setup chicks, domestic jealousy cases etc.). The only one that appears to stem from rap may be the Dolph situation.

Whenever rappers die, it "hits harder" because they're famous and people feel attached to them through their art and media presence and feel as if they lost a loved one.

Back
Top Bottom