Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Boosie def fumbled his coming home bag, but his hype was pretty top tier. As an early Boosie fan I was always shocked he got that big while away. His case is still pretty crazy imo, and I'm not entirely sure he wasn't as involved as he claims but whatev (I guess).

Remy could've had a better run post jail too. She had a good amount of buzz when all the way up was really popping.

Boosie hype was crazy but tbh he wouldn’t have fit in the mainstream scene. I remember when he dropped “Show The World” and was confused at why he would drop some **** like that :lol: and not some hype **** over a typical beat at the time (Mustard/Mike Will/etc.)

But long term he will always be able to get money in the South and in his markets so it may have been the long term best move.

Maybe it was just my region but this was going off in clubs and parties for a few years lol

Boosie def fumbled his coming home bag, but his hype was pretty top tier. As an early Boosie fan I was always shocked he got that big while away. His case is still pretty crazy imo, and I'm not entirely sure he wasn't as involved as he claims but whatev (I guess).

Remy could've had a better run post jail too. She had a good amount of buzz when all the way up was really popping.
Boosie’s voice/flow pretty much eroded post-prison. He’s very hard to listen to since then, especially over the course of 16+ tracks.

Boosie was never a mainstream rapper anyway I don't know what type of expectations people had. He's a underground down south legend. He do his features and social media gave him the stage to show his personality. Gucci music changed but that's cuz he off the drugs. Rap fans always think a _ gon come outta prison and be the biggest rapper out. :lol:

Pac is the only _ to do that. It's only one Pac. I hope when BG come out _'s ain't gon be expecting him to drop Chopper City3 and take over the clubs.

Gucci post prison flow trash
I think Gucci has been rapping better than he ever has post prison. This just isn’t super grimy Gucci anymore.

He was never easy to listen to… Webbie was always better.
I liked some Savage Life tracks but I never really messed with Webbie :lol:. And current Webbie is waaaaaaay worse than current Boosie, which is appalling.

but I think Ant is moreso talking about the effort. And sliding in passive aggressive shots about the real root issue :lol:, that Wale is not a street *****/was a blog era type rapper and thus the demographic he had cache in really couldn’t have been much help to the type of ****** Ant (and the rest of the DC ****** agreeing with him) wanted to see Wale put on.

Called that ***** a bus boy blackened salmon and asparagus rapper Wtf do that even mean man
:lol:

This has always been the underlying issue :lol:.

When he called that man a “Busboy & Poets rapper”, I was dying :lol: :smh:. They got some decent food, and a lot of books.

Ant, and a lot of *****s from DC will just never accept that you don’t have to be a steeet artist, from that area to make it :lol:. They want a representative of DC that’s a street artist with a good name, badly. Anything else, they slick not rocking with it :lol:

Y’all keep mentioning age and time but I was in elementary/middle school when he was in his prime and free and people from my generation know who he is lol

The fact that the Akademiks and Shawn Cottons and those types who run those sort of pages who are a lil older than me vividly remember him means he’ll be straight because he’ll get covered on those pages. Combine that with some decent Harry fraud pack and quality visuals he at least has the ceiling of a Conway/Gunn/Benny

Max going to come home, and prolly turn into a Boosie type of social media star.

That ***** is COMEDY. In the same realm. He just gotta find a Vlad or SayCheese or somebody. : lol

Musically, it’s a wrap mostly.

Max going to come home, and prolly turn into a Boosie type of social media star.

That ***** is COMEDY. In the same realm. He just gotta find a Vlad or SayCheese or somebody. : lol

Musically, it’s a wrap mostly.
IF he is still ill with the pen, he can also write for many artists. People also forget what rappers were well-known for at the time musically is dated compared to the sounds of today, so people have moved on from that "wave", so he would have to either re-invent said music or join whatever is being put out today.

Back
Top Bottom