Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Big Gipp keeping it a 1000% and got the internet going nuts. The shielding of the child is dope to me.
I’m with Gipp on this. Velvet Mafia ain’t feeling it.

This dude is whylin...:rofl:
31FDA3FC-4516-4F47-A590-86C3BFA7A08B.jpeg

hold up if this graphic true why there a daddy there is that the step father or something

Nah. He being close minded :lol:. It’s normal to be gay. It’s normal for kids to see gay ****. People trip over dumb **** like two Dads being in a cartoon, as a “gay agenda”. Like that’s not the same reality as a heterosexual household :lol: that’s been on tv and media for decades. People talking bout shielding their child from gay people being gay....but be having their kids listening to Cardi B in the whip. It’s all noise. All this “gay agenda” bs people are scared of is more people being exposed to realities that were suppressed for decades. Makes people from a certain time feel uncomfortable. Normalizing that there are gay people in this world de stigmatizes it. That’s the point. Can they go too far with it? Absolutely. But I understand the point of it.

Live and let live.

:lol:

Mane let the kids be kids.

Again I hope that's how these kids really living because their peers aren't gonna be forgiving in 10-15 years when its' Throwback Thursday. Especially for someone like D Wade son who doing it so publically. It's really nobody's business what bruh wants to call himself.

Got me feeling like these dudes:

It's a thin line between normalization/support and encouraging things that wouldn't otherwise even be in a kids head.

Last edited:
He played a part in popularizing trap culture to an aesthetic...and using being a rockstar, depressed dboy that numbs his pain using drugs and lives a destructive lifestyle as an image. That is a reality for a lot of people. But hes part of what made a destructive behavior seem cool. He gotta hold that. That comes with influence. It’s a tried and true pop music image that he leaned into by merging street music, trap music, r&b, pop, and rock music sensibilities and lifestyle. The “Future Hendrix” appeal. Like he say on codeine crazy, “it ain’t for you dawg, that’s for them other *****s”.

But it looks cool. He soaked his image in it. Profited from it to the detriment of others...but also made some really dope music. Not even going to get into the old school/new school....dealer vs the user fallacy. Cuz we know just how some of the od mysoginy, gang culture, drug culture etc of some of our legends we hold high negatively influenced a lot of people too. They hold it and do better hopefully. Like Hov. From Big Pimpin (as a 30 year old man) to a family man who’s generally looked as a leader.

That’s parts of it.

1577429175375.gif

Big Gipp keeping it a 1000% and got the internet going nuts. The shielding of the child is dope to me.
I’m with Gipp on this. Velvet Mafia ain’t feeling it.

This dude is whylin...:rofl:
31FDA3FC-4516-4F47-A590-86C3BFA7A08B.jpeg

Nah man, this ain't it. Reminds me of another group who felt threatened then ran out there to show their "pride" in contrast. Even if you feel this, really without ill intent, I feel you either keep it to yourself or your circle, but certainly don't deliver it to the public in the same package a white supremacist would.

Nah. He being close minded :lol:. It’s normal to be gay. It’s normal for kids to see gay ****. People trip over dumb **** like two Dads being in a cartoon, as a “gay agenda”. Like that’s not the same reality as a heterosexual household :lol: that’s been on tv and media for decades. People talking bout shielding their child from gay people being gay....but be having their kids listening to Cardi B in the whip. It’s all noise. All this “gay agenda” bs people are scared of is more people being exposed to realities that were suppressed for decades. Makes people from a certain time feel uncomfortable. Normalizing that there are gay people in this world de stigmatizes it. That’s the point. Can they go too far with it? Absolutely. But I understand the point of it.

Live and let live.

Nah man, this ain't it. Reminds me of another group who felt threatened then ran out there to show their "pride" in contrast. Even if you feel this, really without ill intent, I feel you either keep it to yourself or your circle, but certainly don't deliver it to the public in the same package a white supremacist would.
He responded to this with facts.
DCDFDB1E-0CFC-44D0-942D-1748FF70DEB8.jpeg

hold up if this graphic true why there a daddy there is that the step father or something
Are you saying the kids daddy being ghost is a truer representation? I don’t know about all that.

He responded to this with facts.
DCDFDB1E-0CFC-44D0-942D-1748FF70DEB8.jpeg

Are you saying the kids daddy being ghost is a truer representation? I don’t know about all that.
I get it but I can't rock with that. Whether I agree or not, as a black man and all we've been through, i'd be embarrassed to use my platform to help oppress another group instead of directing that toward uplifting my own because we're nowhere in the grand scheme. Oldest trick in America's book is pitting oppressed groups against each other.

Social media the worst thing to happen to old ****** since cold weather.

I get it but I can't rock with that. Whether I agree oSocia
I get it but I can't rock with that. Whether I agree or not, as a black man and all we've been through, i'd be embarrassed to use my platform to help oppress another group instead of directing that toward uplifting my own because we're nowhere in the grand scheme. Oldest trick in America's book is pitting oppressed groups against each other.

Social media the worst thing to happen to old *****s since cold weather.
strictly referring to the graphic the message and the phobia is wrong and is 100 a problem

I understand where you’re coming from. But people can’t have opposed views to oppressed groups or they are “following the white man plan”?

That sound like the oppressors are successfully oppressing if you can’t speak out on what you feel is important to you.

This man is pushing family values but yet he is “out of line” “sounds like white supremacy”?

why because he responded to an influx of homosexuality being pushed on the youth with the fact ALL LIFE COMES FROM MAN & WOMAN. You want test tube babies? Good for you. But we are allowed to say we like how nature created it.

Social media the worst thing to happen to old *****s since cold weather.
I don’t get “weather I agree or not”.
If you are afraid to align with what you believe in then the oppressor is successfully oppressing.
I understand solidarity and unified front but I don’t agree with going with the flow for fear of backlash.

I’m not black so there is only so far I can expound on the topic when you mention perspective as a Blackman. But I know how I feel as a man and considering the flux of homosexuality being pushed on the youth I see no problems with a little reminder none of us would be here without the bond of a Man & Woman. If people find that offensive they just hate reality.

Didn’t mean to repeat myself in that post. Forgot to edit but you get my point.

I understand the working together and not tearing each other down but I don’t really see him tearing down anything. He’s just not with it. There is a difference.

Young people can be stupid. Old ****** know better and just look like old fools
Actually when you put it like that it makes the old heads look even worse when I think about it. If the old heads would have raised the youth right we wouldn’t have such an abundance of young idiots. :smh:
Damn can’t deny that L. My generation were ****ty parents.

Young people can be stupid. Old ****** know better and just look like old fools

Be looking dusty as **** while being super happy “going live”. Beefing on social media. Falling for misinformation. Killed meme culture. Being trolled. Getting fired for spazzing online :smh: :lol:. Writing paragraphs to each other and some whole other ****. Arrested development. Oversized teenagers.

The sweet spot of social media was 04-12. I remember when the older folks used to shame and look down on “kids” for using social media. Now, they’re just as active....and lack the nuance of kids and young adults who were real time raised on it.

They’ve lost site of it. Like you said...they should know better, and got more to lose and realer responsibilities. It’s wild to see lol.

Back
Top Bottom