Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

They’ve got the paperwork where he clearly made a statement and named/pinpointed the person. Now it’s a matter of whether folks believe he’s a snitch who went against “the code”, or a law abiding, tax paying citizen who gave information on the guy who shot at him and killed his friend.

I never knew much about P or Coach K, as they played the back role for their artists. I have no idea if he ever tried to present the idea that he was in the streets.

P definitely made it clear he was former street dude. If that video if true this sound like a street war between street dudes and P was the one that went to the police.

lol snitching is becoming the new lil wayne discussion in this thread
at one point you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a block of commentary about lil wayne every other day.

lol snitching is becoming the new lil wayne discussion in this thread
at one point you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a block of commentary about lil wayne every other day.

It’s not the thread lol it seems like there’s been an influx of stories in rap about snitching since Gunna. “Coincidentally” :lol:

Gunna
Boston Richey
TI
Ralo
QC P

i guess my real concern is why does it matter at all from a fan perspective? like, who the **** cares

from a blogs/media perspective, it gets clicks for fans to catch an artist in a perceived contradiction at the least.

on a deeper black culture level it’s something crazy about us all collectively letting hip hop culture go where it has since 2013-2016 compared to 1990-2005ish while at the same time saying “why do you care if rappers cooperate with police while they reinforce to the youth that you a *** for doing the same” :lol:

But At the same time it eventually just gets into the tired conversation of rap music not being the root cause of Yadda Yadda Yadda lol. It’s all too far gone.

I feel you on the idea of some white nerdy suburban kid tryna say someone is a *** for ratting while not ever being in those positions themselves or that same demographic making “Slide For Von” type comments to Durk lol. But in a wild ironic way even those kids just trying to mimic the “rules” that rap culture has set lol.

Last edited:
Speaking of TI, it's crazy how once it was revealed that the clip of the story he was telling was him speaking in jest, none of the bloggers covered that story lol

This is another thing too. Heard that in Boosie Vlad clip and That’s TI tryna clean that up :lol: There was no punchline or indication that he was joking. Dude was probably dead serious and now wanna double back because people still carrying it like he just told regular :lol:

I mean I can see how people would care if someone portrays them self as a "street guy" in their raps then turn around and snitch. Hip hop has always been about the perception of authenticity, even if most times it's an illusion.

Speaking of TI, it's crazy how once it was revealed that the clip of the story he was telling was him speaking in jest, none of the bloggers covered that story lol

Did you listen to it? Did you hear any laughter after he said that or did he say I was just joking?

Of course he's going to say it was a joke months later.

I swear once yall decide to not like someone, yall do everything to try to discredit them lol

Yes when you go back to listen to the whole conversation, you can tell it was a joke but as usual people take clips and sound bites then run with it.

I swear once yall decide to not like someone, yall do everything to try to discredit them lol

Yes when you go back to listen to the whole conversation, you can tell it was a joke but as usual people take clips and sound bites then run with it.

1683772859535.gif

I have nothing against TI lol he’s a legend

you've never once seen me say entertainment wasn't influential. I've stated the opposite numerous times in this thread. How that relates to whether or not snitching being a factor worthy of repeated discussion i don't know. A rapper being a snitch only matters to someone who believes these rappers are all the "code" following kingpins they claim to be.

Back
Top Bottom