Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Never really been a huge Pac fan outside of the hits and I was living in Cali a year after his death when he was running the radio along with the dudes from westside connection. However I saw the impact out west was undeniable. The only 3 east coast bangers I remember get heavy play was Ruff Ryders Anthem, Hard Knock Life and Juvenile Ha. This is elementary school me trying to remember what was poppin. Pac Do for Love was a radio staple going from Oxnard to Camarillo.

Makaveli is generally my GOAT album, but tbh, ME Against the World has REALLY hit home lately as someone who suffers from severe depression and anxiety.

Rooting for you my dawg and hope you have a good support system to lean on when needed. Much love u got this. Used to scoff at depression till happened to me so Im already knowin how u feeling.

It just hit me on why I don’t like these new dudes.

Who the **** is Bossman Dlow!?!?

He sound like 90s Silk the Shocker but my lil ***** swear by him.

I can’t go!

Most these new dudes do suck, but Dlow hard bro. :lol:
One of the hottest new ****** right now. Can't go nowhere without hearing him.

Rooting for you my dawg and hope you have a good support system to lean on when needed. Much love u got this. Used to scoff at depression till happened to me so Im already knowin how u feeling.
I appreciate that man. Yea it’s a sh*t feeling. And as men we are taught to keep our emotions bottled up, which makes things worse. Guys my age are dropping like flies as a result. Forget COVID, depression and suicide is the REAL pandemic.

MATW is almost like my OST, lol.

Never really been a huge Pac fan outside of the hits and I was living in Cali a year after his death when he was running the radio along with the dudes from westside connection. However I saw the impact out west was undeniable. The only 3 east coast bangers I remember get heavy play was Ruff Ryders Anthem, Hard Knock Life and Juvenile Ha. This is elementary school me trying to remember what was poppin. Pac Do for Love was a radio staple going from Oxnard to Camarillo.
You should delve deeper into his catalog. A lot of his best songs weren’t the hits. Take a song like “Blasphemy” as an example. It was never a single, you had to listen to the Makaveli album to hear it, yet it’s easily a top 3 song from him ever lyrically. Very arguably his greatest song ever tbh that final verse is a GOAT candidate verse in hip hop’s cannon. It’s pretty similar in vibe to Hail Mary which you’ve probably heard, but Blasphemy is an even stronger track despite it being less famous.

but Dlow hard bro. :lol:
One of the hottest new ****** right now. Can't go nowhere without hearing him.
Remind me alot of old Jeezy
Catchy flow, alotta charisma, simple but funny bars
Just gotta get more varied production and have an introspective song here or there

wavycrocket wavycrocket they crashing out at No Jumper 😭
That whole roster been full of rejects, misfits and crash outs since some of the main folks left like a year or 2 ago…It’s a dying brand and that white dude just making bread off those folks looking crazy till it’s over with :smh:

Adam just grabs any gang member ready to embarrass themselves off the street or fresh outta lock up and puts them on the set :lol: :smh:

Remind me alot of old Jeezy
Catchy flow, alotta charisma, simple but funny bars
Just gotta get more varied production and have an introspective song here or there

This is the perfect description for dude. I agree 1000%.

People from his circle say him getting beat down by cops in Oakland for no reason is what really changed him.
He said it himself. In a couple interviews.

Here is a Super rare interview with him explaining it pretty recently after getting beat up, and how it changed him.

The ppl in his circle says Pac was wilding before that. Especially after dropping out. And was calming down with Digital actually. Dude was just a live wire. High energy.

Haven’t seen this footgage in a min. Snoop energy around Pac, was consistently like this….and Pac was the same, pre- death row :lol:

2 years later :lol:

Screenshot_20240315-161440__01.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It certainly didn’t help matters.

Everyone loves to place blame on Pac for his words and actions but they forget this man was the son of two Black Panthers. He was a second generation revolutionary who not only had a target on his back for who he was, but was also taught to love his people.

Was this before or after he stomped out Orlando in Vegas??

That whole roster been full of rejects, misfits and crash outs since some of the main folks left like a year or 2 ago…It’s a dying brand and that white dude just making bread off those folks looking crazy till it’s over with :smh:

Adam just grabs any gang member ready to embarrass themselves off the street or fresh outta lock up and puts them on the set :lol: :smh:

When that No Jumper Rico hit :lol:

I like that line "I may not care but I wanna be aware". That's exactly how I feel when it comes to women. I'm not one of those dudes that act like a woman's body count don't matter. I never ask a number but if your reputation proceeds you, I can't do it lol
I’m more of a who than how many. No trains either. But if u only got 7 but 4 of em local rappers, 2 was the local D1 legends and the last was the street dude that had 10 kids that got killed I’ll take Keisha with 20 regular dudes plz

Back
Top Bottom