Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Don’t forget when everyone was hyping Da Baby… never bought into the hype , not for Lil Baby either.

It was always the artists the young kids at my job were hyping that all fell off hard 🤣

DaBaby was hot for a moment but I dont think anyone had him locked in as being the next big thing. Even at the height of his popularity there was plenty criticism about his cartoon sounding tracks and all of his songs sounding the same/using same flow.

Now lil baby? Thats the one that had N’s fooled like he had next.

71-4SiAPthL._AC_UF350,350_QL50_.jpg

People faked like Lil Baby and Roddy Ricch were the next big superstars, but they’re just a couple dudes of many whose songs are bigger than they are. NBA Youngboy and Yeat are superstars exclusively to 14-22 year olds.

Roddy Rich fell the **** off like Chance

I never saw the hype with kid in the first place.

Da Baby can rap to me. He just needs to change up his production and get more serious with his songs.

Nah, his flow. That joint is redundant..

With a million rappers I shouldn't be able to tell who you are just by your flow. Dude could have AI albums and nobody would know the difference.

Roddy Rich fell the **** off like Chance

I never saw the hype with kid in the first place.
Chance was probably the last rapper that had potential to be a commercial superstar. I never saw it for Roddy Ricch. At best he’d be wherever YG is at.

Chance was probably the last rapper that had potential to be a commercial superstar. I never saw it for Roddy Ricch. At best he’d be wherever YG is at.
Nah YG banging too hard. I actually think his look hurts him more than helps.

Roddy is definitely banging but it's more subtle. I'm sure Roddy has white fans who don't realize he's cripping unlike YG puts the banging on front Street all the time.

Last edited:
Nah, his flow. That joint is redundant..

With a million rappers I shouldn't be able to tell who you are just by your flow. Dude could have AI albums and nobody would know the difference.
People say the same thing about Meek lol It doesn't bother me as much as it does other people though. I think he could still get away with it if he switched up his content and got more serious.

Ludacris was the same way. He got busy when he wanted to but decided to go the caricature route.

Idk what we consider Uzi but he is probably the biggest young 'rap' superstar. Idk if he would be happy to be called a Rapper but he does have actual rapping ability and talent.

I bought into the Lil baby hype and I still have hope for him but he really needs to find his own lane. Too many outside influence have begun to ruin his sound.

Last edited:
People say the same thing about Meek lol It doesn't bother me as much as it does other people though. I think he could still get away with it if he switched up his content and got more serious.

Ludacris was the same way. He got busy when he wanted to but decided to go the caricature route.
Disrespectful to Ludacris lmao. Ludacris was very versatile. Lil Baby and DaBaby aren’t at all, but at least DaBaby has a distinctive and clear flow even though it never changes. I really don’t even mind him being one dimensional, it’s definitely been his production that’s been the problem more than anything. Lil Baby sounds like he’s drowning underwater for 17 songs at a time. And I know Roddy Ricch has had multiple hits, but if it’s not The Box or Racks in The Middle, I couldn’t tell you anything else if they dropped right now. That’s what happens when you songs are bigger than you are.

Lil Baby said from day 1 that he really wasn't a rapper and didn't take it seriously so his fall off is no surprise to me. Always felt like he was overrated anyways.

Yea my son LOVES Uzi. He's definitely their superstar.

Disrespectful to Ludacris lmao. Ludacris was very versatile. Lil Baby and DaBaby aren’t at all, but at least DaBaby has a distinctive and clear flow even though it never changes. I really don’t even mind him being one dimensional, it’s definitely been his production that’s been the problem more than anything. Lil Baby sounds like he’s drowning underwater for 17 songs at a time. And I know Roddy Ricch has had multiple hits, but if it’s not The Box or Racks in The Middle, I couldn’t tell you anything else if they dropped right now. That’s what happens when you songs are bigger than you are.
Ludacris himself compared Da Baby to him lol That song from that Dreamville project Da Baby was on showed how versatile he could be if he wanted to.

The whole world woke up one day and decided lil baby music was all one long song.
Durk ain’t moving the needle anymore either.

Anyone think JID will continue to grow in popularity?

Talent wise I feel he’s definitely one of the best out who isn’t a “superstar”
Probably my favorite of the younger crop and I want him to succeed. Boy can rap and should go down as one of the best of his generation. Honestly though, I only like maybe 30-40% of his material. He’s like Royce da 5’9 to me. Technical ability is insane but a majority of the actual songs just don’t click for me.

This is weird Up 😔 o

Nah YG banging too hard. I actually think his look hurts him more than helps.

Roddy is definitely banging but it's more subtle. I'm sure Roddy has white fans who don't realize he's cripping unlike YG puts the banging on front Street all the time.
Not sure what you're getting at. YG has a ton of white fans, some hit records, and is present as far as a features or festival stages. Thats the ceiling for him though, and would've been the ceiling for Roddy Ricch. Thats not a bad thing. But, neither of them would've been at the commercial stardom level of a Travis Scott, Drake, Nicki Minaj, etc.

Why? He was supposed to be out there in Utah doing his house arrest away from the temptations that would get him to violate. He did this one to himself. Hopefully he can get a homie to take the charges.

Would you like to tell the rest of us.....
I’m no saint, but I don’t think you’d understand unless you’re in the position.

I just feel for him that’s all.

Back
Top Bottom