Rappers now a days are all about SWAGG

died in 96, I was 11 and yes I knew who he was before. IMO Biggie was better lyrically. Let me guess y'all got "THUG LIFE' tattooed on your bodies?

...you were 11 and understood biggie had better lyrics...now you just lyin ur *** off...

...no but I have family life on my tummy...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

died in 96, I was 11 and yes I knew who he was before. IMO Biggie was better lyrically. Let me guess y'all got "THUG LIFE' tattooed on your bodies?

That doesn't mean Big is a better rapper
laugh.gif

I dunno about lyrics, but big was the better rapper IMO. 2pac still goat though, off what he stood for / message. Name 1 pac album out of the several that is better than bigs first, go head i'll wait. 

nice gifs but um his reputation far exceeded his talent. Biggie was better lyrically.
Biggie is my favorite MC..but no one mentioned lyricism in this thread.

The thread was more about Pac's impact and ideologies.

Let those 2 men rest in peace. We don't have to constantly pit BIG & Pac against each other any time 1 of their names is mentioned.

music is debatable but influence is not. Tupac> BIG all day
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

lol todays rap aint even that bad

Go listen to some Kanye or some J. Cole

FOH to the dude who said Gucci was on top

Gucci and Flocka aren't relevant to dudes who don't wear JNCO jeans and fake Nikes.

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Originally Posted by RockStarGetMoney

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

What I never heard Malcolm or Martin dropping F-bombs to get their point across.
To be fair both Malcom and Martin died at age 39....15 years older than 2pac. Who knows what 2pac could have matured into. Only GOD knows. Not to say 2pac is on the same level as Martin and Malcolm, but he had it in him to become just as great or even greater than both men, which I believe he could have. You really have to go back and listen to some of the stuff Pac outside of the foolishness. I mean who could have guessed Jay-Z would go from street hustler to rubbing shoulders with Bill Gates and Kofi Anan. The man had Oprah in the projects and Obama on the text. And Jigga has had some of the most misogynistic rhymes and hardcore lyrics ever in rap music.

One of the most asinine, clueless statements I have EVER heard.
roll.gif
roll.gif

PLEASE........PLEASE tell me, how Tupac could've become greater than either of these men.

Wednesday's a little early to be drinking boys.

Pac influenced more young black men in his life and death than Malcolm & Martin...unfortunate truth
had he remained focused with his message he would have probably lived longer (or maybe not
nerd.gif
) and made an even bigger impact

Originally Posted by Cz7

Originally Posted by dharv

Up there with the likes of Malcolm and Martin.

Definitely, in terms of revolutionary impact he changed the game.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but what "game" are you speaking of? And how exactly did he change this "game"?

MLK's influence resulted in mass societal change for African-Americans, and helped reshape our country. How in the hell does Tupac match up to this man? Even in the same realm? He doesn't.

Tupac's the same guy who issued death threats and glorified the street life, as well as gang violence. And we're supposed to put him in the same group as MLK and Malcolm?
roll.gif

People are reachin' in here.
You don't understand it @fearthenut. MLK did virtually NOTHING for Africans (amerikan purposely left out because I don't believe in African-amerikans). MLK spoke out against the injustices, violence, racism, etc., but he relayed the wrong message.

It can be looked at as nothing short of a disservice to African (black if you must) people. I'm not sure what death threats he issued, when he glorified street life, nor when he glorified gang violence. Before you speak, its better to learn about the

subject/topic at hand. Did he talk about street life? Yes because it exists the same way gang violence exists. But never was he an advocate for any of that. In the most simplest terms, Tupac told Africans to stop accepting the oppression they're in, and that

the only way they would ever free themselves was to swing back. Its sad that amerikan media has been able to fool the masses to the extent that they have in order to continue oppression and keep control. I plead and pray that you educate yourself

brother...

I forgot to add that the whole point of my post was to say that Tupac in my opinion far exceeds the workings, strength, and courage of an MLK, and is along the same lines of a Malcolm X. Have you guys ever thought about why there is an MLK

day, yet there isn't any type of recognition for Malcolm X? Its because amerika chooses who they want African heroes to be, and who they want the masses to fear and vilify. With all the tactics amerika has used to keep power over a people, of

course they would love to hear their victims singing "turn the other cheek, we shall overcome" as opposed to "you touch me, and I'm blowing your head off"...

^^^Not to derail the thread but you kinda goin on an uninformed tangent
laugh.gif

Malcolm X was the epitome of declaring war on an island.

while MLK was actually in the trenches

I'm not a supporter of some of MLK's tactics and ideologies either but the man had TREMENDOUS COURAGE. Can't take that from him.

Many times he marched and spoke knowing that there were potential assassins in the crowd. Many a time he stormed in and out of churches, surrounded by the Klan, with the congregation begging him to hide. He performed at an elite level under the constant shadow of a violent death.

That takes another type of courage.

Originally Posted by cartune

Pac influenced more young black men in his life and death than Malcolm & Martin...unfortunate truth
had he remained focused with his message he would have probably lived longer (or maybe not
nerd.gif
So what was Pac's message exactly?
laugh.gif

Dude is straight bipolar. One minute he's talking about "Hit Em Up" and the next he's talking about "Changes." For every positive lyric Pac spit, he spit 10 lines of straight venom. And I'm a Pac fan.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Dude is straight bipolar. One minute he's talking about "Hit Em Up" and the next he's talking about "Changes." For every positive lyric Pac spit, he spit 10 lines of straight venom. And I'm a Pac fan.
This.

Originally Posted by JPioneer

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

This.
Exactly, no perspective in this thread.
laugh.gif

We got dudes talking about American conspiracies on African-American heroes, all this mess.

MLK "did nothing for Africans"? Please. And I'm supposed to educate myself?

The main point I'm in this thread is to try and get/find a reason or justification as to why people think Tupac is on the same level, if not HIGHER, than MLK. I cannot comprehend such a notion and am trying to figure how in the blue hell this concept sets itself on someone.

Little Ceasar go ask you homie
How I'll leave you
Cut your young ### up
See you in pieces
Now be deceased
Little Kim,
Don't #### around with real G's
Quick to snatch your ugly ###, off the streets
So #### peace.

That's an actual lyric. And why do you hold this man in such high regard, much less mention him in the same breath as MLK/Malcolm? Please, tell me.

Originally Posted by Cz7

Originally Posted by dharv

Up there with the likes of Malcolm and Martin.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but what "game" are you speaking of? And how exactly did he change this "game"?

MLK's influence resulted in mass societal change for African-Americans, and helped reshape our country. How in the hell does Tupac match up to this man? Even in the same realm? He doesn't.

Tupac's the same guy who issued death threats and glorified the street life, as well as gang violence. And we're supposed to put him in the same group as MLK and Malcolm?
roll.gif

Rap game and getting your voice actually out there and heard when something needs to be said not giving a !%@$ about consenquence.real 90s ++$%

reason why hes up there with malcon and MLK Because like them he was once the black communitys unique voice and spoke for alot of people taking words straight out real strugglin $+!*+%#!$$+$# mouth and putting it in those tracks and albums like those guys did with theyrre speeches./  thell never be another pac .thug life thats dead RIP to Pac and the 90's 
pimp.gif

and i never said that im just saying thats an explanation why people might right there thats not my perspective #++% em all except Pac there not my people.
laugh.gif
and thats some real talk for your +%! 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cash is King

Originally Posted by Cz7

roll.gif

Rap game and getting your voice actually out there and heard when something needs to be said not giving a !%@$ about consenquence.real 90s ++$%

reason why hes up there with malcon and MLK Because like them he was once the black communitys unique voice and spoke for alot of people taking words straight out real strugglin $+!*+%#!$$+$# mouth and putting it in those tracks and albums like those guys did with theyrre speeches./  thell never be another pac .thug life thats dead RIP to Pac and the 90's 
pimp.gif

and i never said that im just saying thats an explanation why people might right there thats not my perspective #++% em all except Pac there not my people.
laugh.gif
and thats some real talk for your +%! 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

1275505552_drunk-guy-vs-pole.gif

fearthenut... you can't help these folks man. Let them be. They are not well-read. If they were, they wouldn't post like that. I'm lost for words.

Even so, I wonder why NT itself only honors one person every year with his own banner?

I mean yea I respect MLK for going out and marching, but the wrong message was relayed, to be fair there is no right message to give anymore and possibly never was.Malcolm wasnt even down with the retoric he was most known for.
Pac was flawed just like everyone else. I am not going to put him above or below MLK or Malcolm, but his message was necessary.

^The wrong message? He helped accomplish the most progress in civil rights in modern American history! Wrong message? I can't believe this.

What is the right message? And what has that ever accomplished?edit: I can't even take my own advice. I always bite.edit2: Right off itunesU, one can watch a few lectures about MLK. They were held at Stanford. Same school that has a research institute dedicated to the man. The course is called African-American Modern Freedom Struggle...check it out if you can. People in here seem to already know so much though so it might not help... Malcom X lecture is right after the two guest lectures on MLK. The Black Panther... there is even a little bit on Tupac at the end of the course. That's the 2nd to last lecture I think. Last one's on Obama (this was pre-nov2008 though).

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

His message was black liberation/black empowerment the same as the black panther/power movement
He was 20 years old in that video.

The potential to be a great black leader was there. He already had more influence on black youth then any other black leader with the similar message. 

Of course he was flawed and all over the place some times thats why I said had he "stayed focused"

Originally Posted by HankMoody

^The wrong message? He helped accomplish the most progress in civil rights in modern American history! Wrong message? I can't believe this.

What is the right message? And what has that ever accomplished?edit: I can't even take my own advice. I always bite.
laugh.gif
 I'm telling you man, it's impossible. 

Back
Top Bottom