Rappers now a days are all about SWAGG

aight.......MLK stood up and wanted to make a difference in his time that delt with color. 2pac stood up and wanted to make a difference in the black/misfortunate communities. Yes 2pac made vulgar/derogatory music that may made him sound hypocritical to some of the positive things he preached. He used his rapping talents to climb his success latter to make speeches like in the video above. the point is....he wanted to make a difference in our society that were still to this day suffering from. Ex: A&E's 48hours.

What other rapper is producing music to get young(er) folks attention and also encouraging the same people that they can make a better life for themselves by putting the drugs down(Wiz), not trying to pop babies in brenda, and to find a alternative instead of killing one another????????????????????????????????

if 2pac was as successfull as MLK was in wanting to make a difference in our "world"......then he definitely should be placed in the same bracket...

p.s. and they're both not here today....

p.s.s. white man's world
pimp.gif

there all dead 1 still unconfirmed
laugh.gif
 so why dont one of yall great african americans hop off NT and do some greatness instead of spending yall lives " getting up your post count"
laugh.gif

im %%%%+! wioth yall
laugh.gif

This is turning into a can of worms. I can't believe you guys have turned this into a MLK vs Tupac thread...Seriously!? It shows how mental this board can get.

Everyone complains about the current state of hip hop, then they go and secretly watch all the videos on WSHH or Youtube. IF YOU SUPPORT IT, IT WILL CONTINUE! Please understand that, for every view on youtube, for every illegal download, that is the measurement of success in this internet generation. I think a lot of people are still stuck in the "analog" lifestyle which allows companies to exploit this new digital age. The general public looks at the internet as a novelty...It is anything but.

The reason why you see this garbage succeeding is because there is a group large enough to support it and keep it alive. You shouldn't be questioning the entertainment, but the society that allows it to succeed.

dont go on pac. he had the knowledge to become as great or even better than malcolm and martin. yes pac had issues,bi polar, and used drugs. but you know what martin was bangin white broads while portraying a family man. malcolm was a street hustler and now we hear he could have been a homosexual. pac needed time to evolve if he survived he would have become a revolutionary, and that emotion is what made people feel him so hard, because you know deep in his heart he wanted listeners to feel the struggle and issues he overcame.

Originally Posted by CriminalMinded

Tupac's the same guy who issued death threats and glorified the street life, as well as gang violence. And we're supposed to put him in the same group as MLK and
Add convicted rapist to that. 

you sound dumb as hell if you think Tupac had to rape a female back in the 90's. please stop. just bc you are charged, dont mean it happen.

Originally Posted by Put em up

Originally Posted by CriminalMinded

Tupac's the same guy who issued death threats and glorified the street life, as well as gang violence. And we're supposed to put him in the same group as MLK and
Add convicted rapist to that. 

you sound dumb as hell if you think Tupac had to rape a female back in the 90's. please stop. just bc you are charged, dont mean it happen.

Do you know the name of the guy who raped tupac in prison?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

Originally Posted by Weekz

hip hop had its phases
first it was all about the message
then it was about bein down and cool
then it was about bein hard and a g
now its about swag
lets see whats next..
This is the evolution of about every rapper.
first it was all about the message (they hit scene with sort of message usually about their struggle to the top)
then it was about bein down and cool (once they get their message out its time chill)
then it was about bein hard and a g ( once album sales slump they tend to want to come back HARD)
now its about swag (only the good ones make it to this point)

There are some exceptions. They are the ones that pick one of the above listed and just rap about that. They usually dont make it.

As far as Tupac speech. Im not a Tupac Fan.
how old are you?

Originally Posted by DecemberLove

Whoever said Tupac wasn't even good........there aren't enough stonefaces in the world...
Pac has a ton of tracks and a lot of them are skippable.

Originally Posted by Sid Nasty

music evolves, including hip hop. get over it, end of story.
Just because it evolves doesn't mean it's good....and most of the rap out today is not good at all.
Can only complain so much until you just give up and move on to more important issues

Originally Posted by f l e x G T I

From performing arts school to THUGLIFE, the man was a hypocrite.

indifferent.gif

This thread is going no where. People have their opinions.......I would definitely rank pac up there with the likes of MLK and X. Why?

PAC  had followers......Just like MLK and X. I dont give 2 dodo's if you don't like the man....the image he portrayed.....how he acted. He spoke.....people listened/Listen. 

You think the audience he was trying to reach would of listened to him doing performing arts? He knew he had to relate to the people and he found a way. 

Also......lol nobody likes Michael Jordan the "Person" but is HIGHLY regarded as the best basketball player ever. What he does on the court is PURE beauty. Why cant this be the same for PAC? You dont like the guy? Fine.......but you cannot discredit what he was doing for his people. This dude pac was/is the GOAT. 

While people in here bringing up Biggie.....can somebody find me some info or videos of big's speeches? Inspirational interviews? Actually....F it......any rapper for that matter.   

If pac wanted to be taken seriously as a leader he should have stuck to the script. I mean he was a actor/dancer wasn't he.

He changed his image to sell records, yeah that's real legit.. Biggie was who he was, the homie never contradicted himself.

And what proof do you have of pac gathering millions of people for a cause?

I guess Eminem is a leader too since millions of people listen to him rap about overcoming addiction etc..

Yea okay, great speech. 
Regardless Tupac was a hypocrite and with no doubt in my mind was bi-polar. No one ever knew which side of Pac they were getting because he was so confused with himself

pac first of all was broke. he was homeless, and he found a way to move up. in order to get financial support to survive he needed to change. any of us change but in different ways. if you come from the inner city for example. excel and go to a good university. lets say usc you get successfull. the person changed, they will not speak the same, act the same, but instincts of the hood maybe will still be in the successful person. but think about it. the person doesnt have to be hood or be violent, or bang. think about it. everybody changes in order to succeed.

Rapper nowadays? Your not looking at the right batch of rappers then Black Hippy, J.Cole, QuESt, Blu, Chiddy Bang, Fashawn but I understand this isnt what the radio will promote

Back
Top Bottom