Rappers now a days are all about SWAGG

I feel like a lot of rappers share a very opposite message between interviews and theyre actual music. Snoop Dogg is the same way, he promotes peace in interviews but just look at his music. Im a Pac fan though and think he has some great music

Originally Posted by blacklion23
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by cartune

Pac influenced more young black men in his life and death than Malcolm & Martin...unfortunate truth
had he remained focused with his message he would have probably lived longer (or maybe not
nerd.gif
) and made an even bigger impact
So what was Pac's message exactly?
laugh.gif

Dude is straight bipolar. One minute he's talking about "Hit Em Up" and the next he's talking about "Changes." For every positive lyric Pac spit, he spit 10 lines of straight venom. 
This.

My man on Twitter said one day that Pac's message got totally derailed once he signed to Death Row and that it was like he joined a gang in his 20s. I agree.

Sorry but ya'll are on wet talking about Pac had it in him to be greater than Malcolm or Martin. If he did, why would he confront a Crip in Vegas and stomp dude bloody the night of his death?

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by cartune

Pac influenced more young black men in his life and death than Malcolm & Martin...unfortunate truth
had he remained focused with his message he would have probably lived longer (or maybe not
nerd.gif
) and made an even bigger impact
So what was Pac's message exactly?
laugh.gif

Dude is straight bipolar. One minute he's talking about "Hit Em Up" and the next he's talking about "Changes." For every positive lyric Pac spit, he spit 10 lines of straight venom. 
This.

My man on Twitter said one day that Pac's message got totally derailed once he signed to Death Row and that it was like he joined a gang in his 20s. I agree.

Sorry but ya'll are on wet talking about Pac had it in him to be greater than Malcolm or Martin. If he did, why would he confront a Crip in Vegas and stomp dude bloody the night of his death?

Yall are so blind and dont get how smart Pac was! He got the attention of the ghetto then forced them to listen to his thoughts, speeches, and positive songs

How as a rapper can you get the attention and keep the attention of the THUGS, GANGSTERS, & PEOPLE IN THE HOOD?......As a rapper if you wanna touch that crowd you gotta talk about that THUG stuff!

Pac knew that crowd was the ones that needed help the most he basically tricked them into thinking "Yeah ima thug I talk that street talk.....f the police.....f america"

Once he caught the attention of the thugs and ones in the struggle he put songs his albums like Brenda Got A Baby, Keep Ya Head Up, Dear Momma, Changes, Shorty Wanna Be A Thug

He was real!

MLK was the voice of the anti racism community!

Malcolm was the voice of the blacks against the white mans ways!

2Pac was the voice of the youth and the ghetto!

And you ask why he confronted Orlando Anderson? uhhhhhhh ask me this as a man if someone beat you up took your chain then had the nerve to show up in the same building as you walking around wit his chest out you mean to tell me you would just keep walking past him in the lobby and not say anything? If so you are straight pie my man

and to the people who say Biggie is better then Pac........
indifferent.gif

Big was a better lyricist

But Pac was a movement my mom and grandmom cant stand rap but listen to 2pac Dear Momma & Changes!

back 20 years ago, Ice T said something that stuck with me
he basically said (during the height of his rap career) that he
never forgot the fans, that the fans got him to where he was

whether or not you think he sold out in the end, he never disrespected
his fans when he was a popular rapper

that whole attitude is missing from the producer that fiended to rap or whoever else
these days, it's more like - get bent, either love it or be a hater...
i can't relate

also - rappers take themselves way too seriously, worse than it used to be

been listening to rap music since 1986

So all this voice of the hood righteous stuff goes out the window over a chain? something material? That doesnt have more value than the life of a fellow black man? Get outta here.

Ya'll dudes cant admit that your man brought half the stuff that happened to him on himself. Just admit your man was a live wire.

He was in NY hanging with all these shiesters BIG told him not to mess with. He ends up with a rape case and 5 bullet wounds. He signs with Death Row and ends up murdered in the prime of his life.

C'mon.

it really is sad that there are people who legitimately believe tupac should be on the same level as mlk and malcolm. when i heard that nonsense about he college classes i was like really?

tupac was an actor, a dancer, a rapper. tupac WAS NOT revolutionary working to save the ghetto.

brendas got a baby =/= i have a dream speech...

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Originally Posted by imthekang

Originally Posted by fearthenut

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

I totally agree with dharv. Nobody has the guts to stand up and attempt to make a difference in out soceity today. Esspecially the black community. The current hip-hop is not making it any better.....

But your avy is of a guy in a skimask wearing a grill?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Please stop comparing this man to Malcolm and Martin.  Yes, he was extremely talented and may have brought "light" to the politics and inner-trappings of the African American's plight, but the man was a rapper (performer, actor, journalist) not a revolutionary.  I know he was greatly influenced by these revolutionary figures and what not but he also succumbed to the whole "east" vs. "west" bs that could have arguable been the greatest record promoting scenario in the history of hip-hop.  Even though this is purely based on speculation, Its safe to assume that Tupac was not assassinated for the fear of his political reach, so please stop uttering this man's name with the likes of some of our greatest Civil Rights activists.

Originally Posted by JuJu

it really is sad that there are people who legitimately believe tupac should be on the same level as mlk and malcolm. when i heard that nonsense about he college classes i was like really?

tupac was an actor, a dancer, a rapper. tupac WAS NOT revolutionary working to save the ghetto.

brendas got a baby =/= i have a dream speech...
preach.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Ya'll dudes cant admit that your man brought half the stuff that happened to him on himself. Just admit your man was a live wire.

He was in NY hanging with all these shiesters BIG told him not to mess with. He ends up with a rape case and 5 bullet wounds. He signs with Death Row and ends up murdered in the prime of his life.

C'mon.
As much as I love Pac this is true. Its like dude was 2 different people. His was a peacful, smart, and pro black dude. Then he was flat out reckless but thats what made his music so great, he had balance. I cant say thats why he was killed cause we still dont know the real reason. With that said he put ALOT of knowledge in his music.

Blasphemy will tell you everything you need to know about life.   
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by Snake201

I don't believe there is that many 20 year olds now a days that can deliver a speech like that. What he said was the truth and the message is still relevant today, if not more than ever.

householdvalues.jpg

Source:

http://pewsocialtrends.org/2011/07/...record-highs-between-whites-blacks-hispanics/

real talk...

i just wanna sniff white privilege for one week.

get a break for having to fight for EVERYTHING.

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

Although prejudice is a factor, is no excuse for those numbers.Bottomline we dig our own holes, predominantly black and Hispanic neighborhoods are crap because of ourselves, take the Bronx for example, the city has been developing these controlled rent neighborhoods where they've built BRAND NEW buildings and remodeled the old ones, in efforts to give our neighborhoods a facelift I guess....within 3 years these buildings are all crap....@$#+ disgusts me and I feel ashamed....then you see alot of young Hispanic girls giving birth at a much younger age...wasup with that?We are all given somewhat of an equal opportunity to advance in life, alot more than what you would get in other countries, yet our community is too ignorant to take advantage, much rather have @$#+ handed to them and then blame the system, the "white man" *+%+%

curious as to where most of the people discrediting pac reside at. most likely it's where i think their from which leads me to not take their opinion seriously since their biased.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

curious as to where most of the people discrediting pac reside at. most likely it's where i think their from which leads me to not take their opinion seriously since their biased.

/Thread

HE IS THE GHETTOS MLK AND MALCOM X!

you might not think so

but its 48934009834984358903604 in the world who have live in the struggles he preached about that think he is!

The ones who lived it opinion > your opinion sitting on forum based off sneakers from your macbook

yall dudes too funny
laugh.gif

glad we have some NTers here and there with a true knowing

As far as impact on MY LIFE and my way of thinking, Tupac has had a bigger impact on me.

grand scheme of things...HELL NO. But Pac mean more to me than my father did.(parents divorced at 8, aint have much contact...if that matters)

Back
Top Bottom