Rashard Lewis is the 2nd highest paid player in the NBA

My question is: How do you right the wrongs and make sure trash players are not overpaid by leaps and bounds? Hearing that ghosts like Joe Johnson and Anderson Varejao are getting these supremely inflated contracts for little production is infuriating..Theyre taking up space under a cap that could be better utilized..

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

laugh.gif
Is there a worse contract in the history of sports outside of Jamarcus Russell

Top NBA Salaries
1. Kobe Bryant LA Lakers $24,806,250
2. Rashard Lewis Orlando $20,514,000
3. Kevin Garnett Boston $18,800,000
4. Tim Duncan San Antonio $18,700,000
5. Michael Redd Milwaukee $18,300,000
6. Pau Gasol LA Lakers $17,822,187
7. Andrei Kirilenko Utah $17,822,187
8. Yao Ming Houston $17,686,100
9. Gilbert Arenas Washington $17,730,694
10. Vince Carter Orlando $17,300,000
11. Zach Randolph Memphis $17,333,333
12. Carmelo Anthony Denver $17,149,243
13. Dwight Howard Orlando $16,509,600
14. Kenyon Martin Denver $15,959,099
15. Elton Brand Philadelphia $15,959,099
16. Predrag Stojakovic New Orleans $15,336,000
17. Chris Paul New Orleans $14,940,152
18. Deron Williams Utah $14,940,152
19. Jason Richardson Phoenix $14,444,444
20. Andrew Bynum LA Lakers $13,842,332
21. Brandon Roy Portland $13,520,500
22. Tony Parker San Antonio $13,500,000
23. Antawn Jamison Cleveland $13,358,905
24. Chauncey Billups Denver $13,150,000
25. Erick Dampier Dallas $13,075,000
26. Baron Davis LA Clippers $13,050,000
27. Al Jefferson Minnesota $13,000,000
28. Tyson Chandler Charlotte $12,650,000
29. Richard Hamilton Detroit $12,650,000
30. Andre Iguodala Philadelphia $12,345,250
I mean I could understand if this was given after 05-06 but this dude got this deal after not one but 2 injury riddled seasons, and 2 major knee surgeries.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

laugh.gif
Is there a worse contract in the history of sports outside of Jamarcus Russell

Top NBA Salaries
1. Kobe Bryant LA Lakers $24,806,250
2. Rashard Lewis Orlando $20,514,000
3. Kevin Garnett Boston $18,800,000
4. Tim Duncan San Antonio $18,700,000
5. Michael Redd Milwaukee $18,300,000
6. Pau Gasol LA Lakers $17,822,187
7. Andrei Kirilenko Utah $17,822,187
8. Yao Ming Houston $17,686,100
9. Gilbert Arenas Washington $17,730,694
10. Vince Carter Orlando $17,300,000
11. Zach Randolph Memphis $17,333,333
12. Carmelo Anthony Denver $17,149,243
13. Dwight Howard Orlando $16,509,600
14. Kenyon Martin Denver $15,959,099
15. Elton Brand Philadelphia $15,959,099
16. Predrag Stojakovic New Orleans $15,336,000
17. Chris Paul New Orleans $14,940,152
18. Deron Williams Utah $14,940,152
19. Jason Richardson Phoenix $14,444,444
20. Andrew Bynum LA Lakers $13,842,332
21. Brandon Roy Portland $13,520,500
22. Tony Parker San Antonio $13,500,000
23. Antawn Jamison Cleveland $13,358,905
24. Chauncey Billups Denver $13,150,000
25. Erick Dampier Dallas $13,075,000
26. Baron Davis LA Clippers $13,050,000
27. Al Jefferson Minnesota $13,000,000
28. Tyson Chandler Charlotte $12,650,000
29. Richard Hamilton Detroit $12,650,000
30. Andre Iguodala Philadelphia $12,345,250
I mean I could understand if this was given after 05-06 but this dude got this deal after not one but 2 injury riddled seasons, and 2 major knee surgeries.
laugh.gif

35KD wrote:
LDJ wrote:
DMan14 wrote:
Originally Posted by got shoes

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

*Palms face at 3/4's of the list
tired.gif
90% of this list
laugh.gif

palmface the whole nba. let's be real, this is like 4 team league. at least some teams are willing to spend...

Alot of ppl are getting on joe johnson, vince etc but the pretty obvious bust and failure is yao ming. Lets be honest he is the biggest bust in recent yrs. Dude hasnt even had 1 great season ever in his career. I mean has had a few decent games here and there. I mean lets be real he only dominated because of his size and he really didnt dominant.

He was being outplayed by a aging,declining shaq. And besides shaq what other centers were around the few games while he was playing,esp on the western conference. He was suppose to be the cornerstone marquee player for a championship team, yet he has hendered them. Infact thy actually from a stat point of view are better w/o him. Some of these players on this list are waaaay over paid but atleast they had high points in they career and actually PLAYED and earned a check.

His huge contract and the fact more then likely will never play again and if so very limited is the downfall of this organization. I mean in an era where we have dudes 6'10 and 6'9 playing centers for him average 20/10 being 7+ft isnt great it is ok subpar at best. And its not like he has done it for a number of consecutive yrs, or even a complete season. I mean theres bench players who if had a few more minutes a night could average that.  

This dude is like the asian version of BIG COUNTRY reeves. I know with a majority of asians etc on this site, their will be backlash. But as my man sheed says "the ball dont lie".  I mean ppl spazzed out acting like he was a gift of god when he did something average like get 18 points and 9 boards while a person like duncan/garnett are viewed as falling off after averaging this after 10-12 + seasons of 20+ 12-14 rebounds a season for 82 games yr in and yr out.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
You acting like Yao is as bad as Kwame Brown or something.

Yao is actually pretty good, it's just that he's been injured quite a bit (not his fault). It also doesn't help that he isn't athletic at all plus he's 7"6; so he gets tired kinda quick. Other than that, the dude is skilled imo. Got a nice little shot and some post moves. If he was a bit more athletic, he wouldn't get injured so often and would put up much better numbers.

He's career averages are 19.1 pts, 9.3 rebounds, and 2 blocks. Almost a double-double with injuries, not too bad.

edit: Numbers 8-11 are actually wrong on that list. It has Gilbert making more money than Yao but he's ranked lower.

So was alot of ppl on that list at a certain time in their careers. Thing is they actually did it for a number of seasons where yao has not. I mean he isnt kwame, but kwame wasnt revered as a gift from god, or a player that will be marquee and the cornerstone of a franchise with several championships. True he has been hurt mass majority of his career, but it still doesnt change the fact he hasnt done anything. I mean even grant hill/penny despite being hurt a good majority of their yrs had spectacular games and had great dominating seasons.

Yao was playing in an era where centers are almost non-existing, and couldnt even dominate when he played, he wasnt even great when he played. As far as his averages you got guys who ive heard you guys bash and say suck perform this feat in and out, and arent marquee franchise players, hell they arent even all-stars on a yr to yr bases.

Blaming his genetics etc for his deficiancies is a copout. Its not like they handing out sympathy points on the court. Lets face it name some players on that list who are recent nba players that where viewed as franchise, team built around players and had nothing but subpar seasons. And a 7'6 center amongst players damn near a ft shorter then you and not dominating is subpar.

Hell lebron a small foward almost averages the same in rebounds as a 7'6 center that is lol. You think as great as mj was would be a better boardsman then the great centers of his era ala ewing, robinson, akeem. I mean in all honesty i dont even think he would cut it in the 90's era of centers, he be the equilivant of a far east shawn bradley ah something.

I mean i understand some of yall undying love for the man, its apparent when dude gets top rated nba allstar votes and not play a single game. But lets be real 19 and 9 is not great numbers for a center point blank period. Esp considering he is playing in a time where you can count the centers in the league damn near on one hand. It almost reminds me of wilts era where he was far bigger, taller and towering over centers, when there were a handful of centers over 6'8-6'9. Im not saying he should be average 50 and 25, but when you got forwards who are more efficient then you on both offense and defense end. An you suppose to be the second coming of great centers, that sir is a bust.

Add to the fact that his contract is making the team impossible to move forward is another reason.

35KD wrote:
LDJ wrote:
DMan14 wrote:

tired.gif
90% of this list
laugh.gif

palmface the whole nba. let's be real, this is like 4 team league. at least some teams are willing to spend...

Alot of ppl are getting on joe johnson, vince etc but the pretty obvious bust and failure is yao ming. Lets be honest he is the biggest bust in recent yrs. Dude hasnt even had 1 great season ever in his career. I mean has had a few decent games here and there. I mean lets be real he only dominated because of his size and he really didnt dominant.

He was being outplayed by a aging,declining shaq. And besides shaq what other centers were around the few games while he was playing,esp on the western conference. He was suppose to be the cornerstone marquee player for a championship team, yet he has hendered them. Infact thy actually from a stat point of view are better w/o him. Some of these players on this list are waaaay over paid but atleast they had high points in they career and actually PLAYED and earned a check.

His huge contract and the fact more then likely will never play again and if so very limited is the downfall of this organization. I mean in an era where we have dudes 6'10 and 6'9 playing centers for him average 20/10 being 7+ft isnt great it is ok subpar at best. And its not like he has done it for a number of consecutive yrs, or even a complete season. I mean theres bench players who if had a few more minutes a night could average that.  

This dude is like the asian version of BIG COUNTRY reeves. I know with a majority of asians etc on this site, their will be backlash. But as my man sheed says "the ball dont lie".  I mean ppl spazzed out acting like he was a gift of god when he did something average like get 18 points and 9 boards while a person like duncan/garnett are viewed as falling off after averaging this after 10-12 + seasons of 20+ 12-14 rebounds a season for 82 games yr in and yr out.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Yao is actually pretty good, it's just that he's been injured quite a bit (not his fault). It also doesn't help that he isn't athletic at all plus he's 7"6; so he gets tired kinda quick. Other than that, the dude is skilled imo. Got a nice little shot and some post moves. If he was a bit more athletic, he wouldn't get injured so often and would put up much better numbers.

He's career averages are 19.1 pts, 9.3 rebounds, and 2 blocks. Almost a double-double with injuries, not too bad.

edit: Numbers 8-11 are actually wrong on that list. It has Gilbert making more money than Yao but he's ranked lower.

So was alot of ppl on that list at a certain time in their careers. Thing is they actually did it for a number of seasons where yao has not. I mean he isnt kwame, but kwame wasnt revered as a gift from god, or a player that will be marquee and the cornerstone of a franchise with several championships. True he has been hurt mass majority of his career, but it still doesnt change the fact he hasnt done anything. I mean even grant hill/penny despite being hurt a good majority of their yrs had spectacular games and had great dominating seasons.

Yao was playing in an era where centers are almost non-existing, and couldnt even dominate when he played, he wasnt even great when he played. As far as his averages you got guys who ive heard you guys bash and say suck perform this feat in and out, and arent marquee franchise players, hell they arent even all-stars on a yr to yr bases.

Blaming his genetics etc for his deficiancies is a copout. Its not like they handing out sympathy points on the court. Lets face it name some players on that list who are recent nba players that where viewed as franchise, team built around players and had nothing but subpar seasons. And a 7'6 center amongst players damn near a ft shorter then you and not dominating is subpar.

Hell lebron a small foward almost averages the same in rebounds as a 7'6 center that is lol. You think as great as mj was would be a better boardsman then the great centers of his era ala ewing, robinson, akeem. I mean in all honesty i dont even think he would cut it in the 90's era of centers, he be the equilivant of a far east shawn bradley ah something.

I mean i understand some of yall undying love for the man, its apparent when dude gets top rated nba allstar votes and not play a single game. But lets be real 19 and 9 is not great numbers for a center point blank period. Esp considering he is playing in a time where you can count the centers in the league damn near on one hand. It almost reminds me of wilts era where he was far bigger, taller and towering over centers, when there were a handful of centers over 6'8-6'9. Im not saying he should be average 50 and 25, but when you got forwards who are more efficient then you on both offense and defense end. An you suppose to be the second coming of great centers, that sir is a bust.

Add to the fact that his contract is making the team impossible to move forward is another reason.

Originally Posted by LDJ

35KD wrote:
LDJ wrote:
DMan14 wrote:

tired.gif
90% of this list
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Is he overpaid? yes, but hes coming off the books next year and hes the best pure center in the league when healthy.

Originally Posted by LDJ

35KD wrote:
LDJ wrote:
DMan14 wrote:

tired.gif
90% of this list
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Is he overpaid? yes, but hes coming off the books next year and hes the best pure center in the league when healthy.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by LDJ

35KD wrote:
LDJ wrote:
DMan14 wrote:

tired.gif
90% of this list
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I guess so considering he is one of maybe 5 -10 true natural centers in the league lol (im not counting players who are fowards force to play center).
If you do that then you have to include players like bosh and i know your not foolish enough to say yao>bosh. Come on okafor, erick dampier, matt bonner, andrew bynum, milicic, nene lol yea i guess you would look/be viewed the best with an allstar list of such high caliber players... lol.

Originally Posted by LDJ

35KD wrote:
LDJ wrote:
DMan14 wrote:

tired.gif
90% of this list
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I guess so considering he is one of maybe 5 -10 true natural centers in the league lol (im not counting players who are fowards force to play center).
If you do that then you have to include players like bosh and i know your not foolish enough to say yao>bosh. Come on okafor, erick dampier, matt bonner, andrew bynum, milicic, nene lol yea i guess you would look/be viewed the best with an allstar list of such high caliber players... lol.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Never understood the fuss over how much professional athletes make.

THIS.

Acting like the owners dont make the same x 30. I am all for athletes getting as much money as they can.
You cant be serious....Even when half the world is struggling in this economic crisis?

Yes serious. What do you want these guys to do? Turn down the money and let the owners keep it? No matter what you think is gonna happen, that money either goes to the players or the owners. Nowhere else. It's up to the players to decide what to do with it, but you really cannot be mad at them for getting tens of millions out of team-owning billionaires.

SMH I got into a huge argument about this with my mom the other night. I really dont see how y'all would rather have the owners keeping this money offshores somewhere instead of in the athletes hand, where it's more deserving.
I rather have these owners donate their extra cash then have these athletes throw it at some random @%+#@. Of course, i know that'll never happen, but im just saying.

THIS.

Acting like the owners dont make the same x 30. I am all for athletes getting as much money as they can.
You cant be serious....Even when half the world is struggling in this economic crisis?

Yes serious. What do you want these guys to do? Turn down the money and let the owners keep it? No matter what you think is gonna happen, that money either goes to the players or the owners. Nowhere else. It's up to the players to decide what to do with it, but you really cannot be mad at them for getting tens of millions out of team-owning billionaires.

SMH I got into a huge argument about this with my mom the other night. I really dont see how y'all would rather have the owners keeping this money offshores somewhere instead of in the athletes hand, where it's more deserving.
I rather have these owners donate their extra cash then have these athletes throw it at some random @%+#@. Of course, i know that'll never happen, but im just saying.

THIS.

I was thinking the same thing one day, and RussBengington actually tweeted it the other day, but the NBA could seemingly pay off the US deficit and end world poverty single handedly if they wanted to. For 2 yrs, say everybody's contracts are going to be cut in half or better yet standardize them to 2.5 million for every player (current league average is 5.8mil). OK, so for 2 yrs a few players would experience a change in lifestyle and the league would lose money giving to Obama'n'em, but they become national heroes in the process, PR goes through the roof, attracts more fans now and everybody loves them. 2 yrs later go back to the same economic model as now, but now with millions more new fans and the economy is back so the old fans are back who couldn't afford to fully support as of right now. Fool Proof.
laugh.gif
I was going to go here and add up all the team payrolls, but I'm lazy http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

THIS.

I was thinking the same thing one day, and RussBengington actually tweeted it the other day, but the NBA could seemingly pay off the US deficit and end world poverty single handedly if they wanted to. For 2 yrs, say everybody's contracts are going to be cut in half or better yet standardize them to 2.5 million for every player (current league average is 5.8mil). OK, so for 2 yrs a few players would experience a change in lifestyle and the league would lose money giving to Obama'n'em, but they become national heroes in the process, PR goes through the roof, attracts more fans now and everybody loves them. 2 yrs later go back to the same economic model as now, but now with millions more new fans and the economy is back so the old fans are back who couldn't afford to fully support as of right now. Fool Proof.
laugh.gif
I was going to go here and add up all the team payrolls, but I'm lazy http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

LDJ wrote:

35KD wrote:

LDJ wrote:

DMan14 wrote:

got shoes wrote:

DipsetGeneral wrote:

tired.gif
90% of this list
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Most likely not. Dude's been hanging out with Eddy Curry, Robert Traylor, Oliver Miller and Michael Sweetney way too much during the recent time he was injured..

LDJ wrote:

35KD wrote:

LDJ wrote:

DMan14 wrote:

got shoes wrote:

DipsetGeneral wrote:

tired.gif
90% of this list
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Most likely not. Dude's been hanging out with Eddy Curry, Robert Traylor, Oliver Miller and Michael Sweetney way too much during the recent time he was injured..

Yeah I remember see Yao stepping on a court for the first time and thinking dude looked mad fat, but it's to be expected considering his imobility for like a full year.

Yeah I remember see Yao stepping on a court for the first time and thinking dude looked mad fat, but it's to be expected considering his imobility for like a full year.

Back
Top Bottom