Rashard Lewis is the 2nd highest paid player in the NBA

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by MJsaver

At least Rashard's been to the finals.

Are you sure? I for one have not seen Rashard Lewis in a finals game.
i see what u did there
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

roll.gif
roll.gif

Dwight get enough touches and he shoots enough. hes suck at layups, sucks at jumpshots, and sucks at hookshots. He can only make dunks, whats so hard about that? dont give me that crap. Let dwight howard shoot 20+ times a game and magic will lose everytime.

Yao is still the best center without a doubt, he does it all plus hes got a wet jumper while being 7'6"
How can I argue with such great points as "he sucks at ____ and he sucks at _____"  Fact is, Dwight doesn't have a great post game at all, but people drastically over-exaggerate his "awful" post game.  Generally people who say that only watch the Magic during the playoffs or a few times a year.  He can't score in the paint at a consistently level, and it's partly due to his skill but also due to the offense built around him.  The Magic operate with pick and rolls, easy points with Dwight, and 3 point shooting.  They don't run the ball through Dwight every play expecting him to score, that's not how they work.  Plus nearly everyone on the court gets too trigger happy, Redick is usually the only one who knows to get the ball to Dwight.

As it stands, this past season, Dwight has never shot more than 20 times a game, so you're making that estimate based on nothing.  And the few times he had 20+ shots last season, they won.  Looking at this past season, whenever he's shot 15+ times, they've won 7 out of 9 games, so you're wrong to assume more shots for Dwight means an automatic loss, it's quite the opposite.

Without a doubt?  Please.  When Yao gives me two full seasons without getting injured, then it's a better conversation.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Dwight get enough touches and he shoots enough. hes suck at layups, sucks at jumpshots, and sucks at hookshots. He can only make dunks, whats so hard about that? dont give me that crap. Let dwight howard shoot 20+ times a game and magic will lose everytime.

Yao is still the best center without a doubt, he does it all plus hes got a wet jumper while being 7'6"
How can I argue with such great points as "he sucks at ____ and he sucks at _____"  Fact is, Dwight doesn't have a great post game at all, but people drastically over-exaggerate his "awful" post game.  Generally people who say that only watch the Magic during the playoffs or a few times a year.  He can't score in the paint at a consistently level, and it's partly due to his skill but also due to the offense built around him.  The Magic operate with pick and rolls, easy points with Dwight, and 3 point shooting.  They don't run the ball through Dwight every play expecting him to score, that's not how they work.  Plus nearly everyone on the court gets too trigger happy, Redick is usually the only one who knows to get the ball to Dwight.

As it stands, this past season, Dwight has never shot more than 20 times a game, so you're making that estimate based on nothing.  And the few times he had 20+ shots last season, they won.  Looking at this past season, whenever he's shot 15+ times, they've won 7 out of 9 games, so you're wrong to assume more shots for Dwight means an automatic loss, it's quite the opposite.

Without a doubt?  Please.  When Yao gives me two full seasons without getting injured, then it's a better conversation.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

roll.gif
roll.gif

facts ftw

Originally Posted by Big J 33

roll.gif
roll.gif

facts ftw

Allan Houston 6yr/$100 million (almost a decade ago) seems far worse..

He was 30 when they gave him the contract and averaged no better than 22ppg after that... with 3rpg and 2apg...

the NBA even made an “Allan Houston Rule

Allan Houston 6yr/$100 million (almost a decade ago) seems far worse..

He was 30 when they gave him the contract and averaged no better than 22ppg after that... with 3rpg and 2apg...

the NBA even made an “Allan Houston Rule

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

People really think Yao is better than Dwight?
They're different types. Yao is heady. He can probably shoot as good or better than Pau, and he's great in the post. He's between Pau and Duncan except a head taller and smart enough to run the offense.
Dwight's job is to suck the air out of the post. Draw a double team and let his shooters go to work. He's not really playmaker and doesn't have a shooting touch, but his athleticism is ridiculous. Yao's not athletic at all. He can barely bend down to pick up the basketball. He makes up for it with length.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

People really think Yao is better than Dwight?
They're different types. Yao is heady. He can probably shoot as good or better than Pau, and he's great in the post. He's between Pau and Duncan except a head taller and smart enough to run the offense.
Dwight's job is to suck the air out of the post. Draw a double team and let his shooters go to work. He's not really playmaker and doesn't have a shooting touch, but his athleticism is ridiculous. Yao's not athletic at all. He can barely bend down to pick up the basketball. He makes up for it with length.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

The NBA seriously needs to do something about these contracts and the stupidity of these GMs that give them out. Only a handful of those guys really deserve the kind of money that they're getting.

QFT

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

The NBA seriously needs to do something about these contracts and the stupidity of these GMs that give them out. Only a handful of those guys really deserve the kind of money that they're getting.

QFT

From a basketball "standpoint" Yao is better than Dwight.

What do I know I'm probably the only person who loved the Spurs vs Detroit Basketball finals match up 5 yrs. ago.
happy.gif

What do I know I'm probably the only person who loved the Spurs vs Detroit Basketball finals match up 5 yrs. ago.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Pistol Maravich

happy.gif
that was such an enjoyable series
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Pistol Maravich

happy.gif
that was such an enjoyable series
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

pau> yao

FALSE. Pau's very good, but he's not better than a HEALTHY Yao. 
Yao's as good a shooter and tougher around the basket on both ends of the floor.  Plus he's bigger, so even if all else is equal Yao wins.  Pau is better in transition, I'll give him that, but I wouldn't say by much. I think it's a case of out of sight out of mind, Yao can be downright dominate when he's healthy, the numbers don't lie, he's had some amazing stretches. It's just dudes haven't seen him play in almost 2 years so the memories start to fade...

Back
Top Bottom