Re: Why Dark-Skinned People From The Dominican Republic Refuse Their Blackness

Originally Posted by Al Audi

ninjahood keeps it real

but dudes stay tryna discredit him

it is what it is

Alot of these cats is self hatin negros on da low, ready tp buy into thatNotion that skinny average white girls = holy grail.

ninjahood keeps it real

it is what it is

Alot of these cats is self hatin negros on da low, ready tp buy into thatNotion that skinny average white girls = holy grail.

ninjahood keeps it real

it is what it is

ninjahood keeps it real

it is what it is

ninjahood keeps it real

it is what it is

ninjahood keeps it real

it is what it is

I would guess the same reason why people from Africa dont like to be called black as well

But in the grand scheme of things i realized earlier on that these types of issues dont even matter, who cares you know......

I would guess the same reason why people from Africa dont like to be called black as well

But in the grand scheme of things i realized earlier on that these types of issues dont even matter, who cares you know......

Originally Posted by CJ863

ninja has da answer.
I am interested in hearing how he views it. I never heard an explanation, I just know he doesn't consider himself black for his reasons.

Originally Posted by CJ863

ninja has da answer.
I am interested in hearing how he views it. I never heard an explanation, I just know he doesn't consider himself black for his reasons.

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

because people think black means exclusively African American
This is what I would assume as well. It doesn't help that most forms separate the two choices as well.

African American/Black
White
Latino

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

because people think black means exclusively African American
This is what I would assume as well. It doesn't help that most forms separate the two choices as well.

African American/Black
White
Latino

Black is generally categorized as being African or African American in the western world region. If Domincans were consider themselves "Black" than they would totally disregarding their Latin heritage. They're not going to claim "Black" people, just face it.

Black is generally categorized as being African or African American in the western world region. If Domincans were consider themselves "Black" than they would totally disregarding their Latin heritage. They're not going to claim "Black" people, just face it.

"You know what runs through your veins. You know your history. You can't deny it. You may pretend that you can't comprehend but you do. And you know that I know that you know"

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

I don't see how "Black" and "Latin" are two mutually exclusive concepts.

"You know what runs through your veins. You know your history. You can't deny it. You may pretend that you can't comprehend but you do. And you know that I know that you know"

Back
Top Bottom